Bringing wine on board

lauriejpnp

If you bring wine on board for dinner do you give it to someone ahead of time or bring it to dinner? If you don't finish the bottle the first night will they keep it for you for the next nights? As always thanks!

What we do is bring a box of wine. Tacky but does not break. We keep in cabin and have cabin steward bring us a couple of wine glasses then we enjoy our wine a leisure all week long. This also saves on the $10 corkage charge in dining room.

Debbie

Hi Laurie! I believe you bring it with you when you go to dinner. If you don't finish it that night, they will hold it for you for the next night.

I don't know what to tell you about keeping/serving white wine chilled, however. I suppose you can give it to your dining room (Matre D, perhaps?) and they could chill it for you for dinner that night.

Hope this helps!

Lisa.

Here's a hint we read on these boards that we used on our last cruise: Princess only charged a corkage fee if you brought the wine onto the ship with you. If you receive the wine as a gift on board or ordered it to your stateroom, there was no corkage fee. We looked at the wine list under the gifts link on the Web site and bought some wine from the list at home (MUCH cheaper) and brought it with us. (Carnival has a much more extensive wine-gift list than Princess did.) We would open a bottle and have a small glass before dinner, then bring the bottle with us. They never once questioned us. Since they sell the wine on board, they assumed we'd either received it as a gift or bought it in our room. (Sorry if it seems cheap, but it saved us $70 in corkage fees plus the wine price savings, and we did tip well!)

Last year when I looked at the rules for bringing aboard wine & champagne, I didn't remember seeing a limit - we brought 3 bottles aboard in plain view. This year the limit is one bottle. I already bought 3 ....... :(

Is it tacky to take the wine glasses from the cabin into the dining room? Will they throw me overboard if I do that?

June

No they don't throw passengers overboard anymore. Walk the plank? maybe but no throwing of passengers

No they don't throw passengers overboard anymore. Walk the plank? maybe but no throwing of passengers

Chris, it is my understanding that they are going to start doing this again soon... Apparently it was a very effective method of keeping the riff raff off the ships so they are rethinking things :p :eek:

Chris, it is my understanding that they are going to start doing this again soon... Apparently it was a very effective method of keeping the riff raff off the ships so they are rethinking things :p :eek:

I suppose this means I should not smuggle on my case of beer then. Dang.

Here's a hint we read on these boards that we used on our last cruise: Princess only charged a corkage fee if you brought the wine onto the ship with you. If you receive the wine as a gift on board or ordered it to your stateroom, there was no corkage fee.

does anyone now if carnival has a cork fee if it's "purchased" through guest services and not IN the dining room??

It is not mentioned in faq's....

I brought four bottles with us last year. one in each suitcase as i passed through security they saw one bottle had me open the suitcase and I showed it to the security guard.. he looked at it and said that looks like a good bottle of wine then put it back in my suitcase.. they didn't even see the other three.. I had one waiter charge the 10 fee but I switched tables (long story) and the other waiter didn't charge the fee...needless to say they got in tips what I would have paid for the corking fee anyway.

I am the wine drinker in the family and I always bring my own wine and a couple of bottles of Asti. Our wonderful room steward has always kept it cold all day for me and I never even asked him. It was just done. He would bring in extra ice bucket and there was always ice in it. I just walked a glass of wine with me to dinner and there was nothing said. I can only drink one glass at a time so it works great.

About our room stewart-that is one of the reason he (never had a she) always gets an extra $20.00 at the end of the week besides the little goodie bag a bing to him when we board the ship.

I've seen conflicting comments on bringing wine on board with Carnival. Can someone tell me where I might find the information on the Carnival site?

I've also seen that you can buy wine (or any spirits) in the gift shop on board and take it to your room. Other people say that they keep it to the end of the cruise.

I'm just so confused!! :confused:

I'd really like to have a bottle in my room for the quiet evenings on the balcony and not be worried about sneaking it in.

I've seen conflicting comments on bringing wine on board with Carnival. Can someone tell me where I might find the information on the Carnival site?

Here is the link to the FAQ on the Carnival site: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

They allow 1 bottle of wine but I have seen countless posts of people bringing on more than 1 bottle without any problems.

Archived