VIV Tours CaveTubing - Any reviews?

Dallen*

I'm interested in reading any reviews from people who have used VIV Tours for CaveTubing. I'm trying to decide between them and another tour company for my December cruise. I appreciate any comments!! :)

I know .bz is really popular, but I'm looking for something a little different.

When we got on the nice air conditioned coach bus we knew Evan and his crew were going to be a good time. They topped themselves with keeping our saftey first above all else. The ATV course was the best one I have ever done, and they made sure we stayed safe the whole crew did everything to ensure that we were safe and also had a fab time! We then went cave tubbing which was a real nice time and they accomadated out large group to keep us together and again safety number one priorty.

We then ended the day with a nice tamale, a cold beer and back to the boat. Our bus had engine trouble on the way back and by the time we got off we were on another cool coach.

Thanks guys for a great day, best stop of my trip!

I'm interested in reading any reviews from people who have used VIV Tours for CaveTubing. I'm trying to decide between them and another tour company for my December cruise. I appreciate any comments!! :)

I know .bz is really popular, but I'm looking for something a little different.

After doing a bit of research myself....Booked VIV TOURS for cave tubing.....we will be there in 2 weeks...will let you know

I am also thinking of booking with VIV instead of .biz

One of the main reasons why I'm moving towards VIV is that the tubes are clipped together. At .biz, you need to wrap your arm around the feet of the person behind you in order to stay together.

Please let us know how VIV worked out for you.

ibcnusoon: First, I like your name ... very creative! :) Second, also look at explore belize caves dot com. They have all new equipment now and I confirmed with them that they hook the tubes together with straps instead of the feet/armpit method.

I'm hoping to hear from a few more people on VIV before making my final decision. I don't cruise until December, so I still have a little time.

I am also thinking of booking with VIV instead of .biz

One of the main reasons why I'm moving towards VIV is that the tubes are clipped together. At .biz, you need to wrap your arm around the feet of the person behind you in order to stay together.

Please let us know how VIV worked out for you.

Where does it say tubes are clipped together? all the pics on Tripadvisor show feet-under-armpits.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I would also like to hear from anyone who has used VIV tours, we are very interested in this tour and want some first hand information. Does this company keep your dry stuff locked in their van? Is there lunch or snacks available to purchase, or should you bring something with you besides water? Are the vans airconditioned? I really like that the tubes have headrests, and link together. Also, is there a limit to the group size? I thought I read somewhere that it is 8 in each group. We don't want to be stuck in a herd of 10-15.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has used VIV tours, we are very interested in this tour and want some first hand information. Does this company keep your dry stuff locked in their van? Is there lunch or snacks available to purchase, or should you bring something with you besides water? Are the vans airconditioned? I really like that the tubes have headrests, and link together. Also, is there a limit to the group size? I thought I read somewhere that it is 8 in each group. We don't want to be stuck in a herd of 10-15.

I posted a fairly lengthy review in another thread, so I won't repeat it all except to say that we had a wonderful time with VIV. It exceeded our expectations. Our group of 8 rode in a 15 passenger van that had good air conditioning. We rode the same van there and back (our driver was also our tour guide) and we left our stuff in the van. We were assured it would be safe and it was. When you get to the park there are a few vendors with tables that sell drinks and snacks. There were popular ones like Snickers and M&Ms as well as some local offerings. I didn't notice anything that would constitute a full meal. The park doesn't let you bring bottles of water on the tour, apparently too many problems with litter. Not sure if they'd let you bring a reusable water bottle. We just drank water before we left and when we got back. Park rules require one guide for every 8 guests. Many other groups we saw had 10-16 people together with 2 guides. I don't know if VIV always limits it to 8, but the day we went they had 3 groups and all were 8 or less. And the earlier you get off the ship, the earlier your group can leave.

Thanks CACkles, I am pretty sure we are going to book with VIV. They are a little higher$ than some others, but I really like the idea of the headrests. Was it easy to find them when you got off the ship, and how early did you get back to the ship? One in our party is worried about getting back in time.

Thanks CACkles, I am pretty sure we are going to book with VIV. They are a little higher$ than some others, but I really like the idea of the headrests. Was it easy to find them when you got off the ship, and how early did you get back to the ship? One in our party is worried about getting back in time.

I agree with Stewart. If you follow the directions they give you when you reserve, you can't miss them. We were also back an hour before last tender. Our guide told us that no one has ever missed a tender in the 12 years they've been doing this. Try to get off on the first or second tender to get going earlier, but either way they are going to get you back in time.

Has anyone gone with VIV tours on their combined Cave-tubing and Altun Ha tour? We would be interested in going to see the ruins but not at the expense of a shortened cave tubing experience...

If nobody replies here, I would recommend e-mailing VIV to see how they do it. When we did the cave tubing by itself we went through two caves. I have to think that if they are adding in the Altun Ha tour, they would have to shorten the cave tubing to one cave. Unless you have a longer time in port than we do. We were there from 8:00 until 5:00 ship time.

I am also interested in the ruins and cave tubing combo tour. Any reviews?

I did a bit more checking and VIV tours does the combo for $120.00 but didn't answer my specific question about the cave tubing being cut short despite two e-mails.

I had much better luck with Major Tom - he answered my initial e-mail and a follow-up one immediately and is a really likable and funny guy! Their combo is $85.00 and they take you for the full cave tubing experience first and then on to the ruins. That way, you can spend as much time as is safe at the ruins without missing any of the tubing. The whole tour will last about 7 hours. We have booked with them and are really looking forward to the day!

Our stop with the Equinox is 9 hours, so he says that even if we don't get offboard on the first few tenders we will still be all right.

With a shorter stop though, I don't know if it might not be a bit risky.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just went to Belize last week and did the Cave Tubing tour with Rock. He was a great tour guide. I would recommend bringing some snacks from the ship as it does end up being a long day and there isn't much to eat where the cave tubing begins and ends. We did feel a little rushed after our trip to get back in the van to get back to the port. For the money we paid $40 per person for the three of us it was worth our time. I would also recommend purchasing one of those water proof cameras. That was something I didn't think of and wish I was told to do so as we don't have many photos from our cave tubing. I would also recommend one of those wet suite tops they sell now for sun protection as the water was cool this time of year.

• 2 weeks later...

We just went cave-tubing with VIV last week aboard the LOS. Marco was an excellent guide and we loved the tubes used by VIV. Much more comfortable with the screens in the bottom and headrests. Also, it was much nicer being clipped together.

We just went cave-tubing with VIV last week aboard the LOS. Marco was an excellent guide and we loved the tubes used by VIV. Much more comfortable with the screens in the bottom and headrests. Also, it was much nicer being clipped together.

I agree!! We used them last week also and had a great time our guide was Kareem and he was very good.

We did the zip line combo and well worth it.

I agree!! We used them last week also and had a great time our guide was Kareem and he was very good.

We did the zip line combo and well worth it.

Did you wear helmets for the cave tubing? I want to take a waterproof camera but it doesn't have a flash - Is it too dark for the photos to turn out without one?

One more question - did you ride back to the port in wet bathing suits or did you have a change of clothes/towels with you in the van, any details are appreciated?

Thank you

Did you wear helmets for the cave tubing? I want to take a waterproof camera but it doesn't have a flash - Is it too dark for the photos to turn out without one?

One more question - did you ride back to the port in wet bathing suits or did you have a change of clothes/towels with you in the van, any details are appreciated?

Thank you

Yes VIV wears helmets with lights, but the lights are not very bright. I don't think pictures inside the cave will turn out very well without a flash. But you will still get great pictures of the hike, the river and the entrances and exits of the caves. You can bring a change of clothes and/or a towel and leave them in the van. There is a modern restroom facility there that is reasonably clean where you can change clothes. They will give you the opportunity to change both before and after the tubing. I personally did not change, but brought a towel to dry off with and sit on.

Archived