Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Costa Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Costa Cruises
Read hundreds of Costa Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Costa Cruise Deals.

Go To: Costa Cruises ROLL CALL Forum

Old September 5th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Costa All inclusive drinks package

Hi
Just to advise you all the Costa now dont do the all inclusive drinks package
they have now stopped this
they still do the package for when you have drinks with meals but not the at any time one
x

Ad Sponsored By
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae1978 View Post
Hi
they still do the package for when you have drinks with meals but not the at any time one
x
Which cruise are you on and through which Costa country did you book?

According to Costa Germany, there are no changes with regards to the all inclusive drinks package other than those already stated in their Catalogue.

Ron

Old September 5th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Do you have any idea when they stopped this? I booked the J2 all inclusive package in March if I remember correctly, think it was through the travel agent I booked the cruise through. This is for a Med cruise on the Serena departing 14 Oct (Next month, !!!) Can't wait. Sorry forgot to mention it was booked through UK travel agent.

Last edited by himan; September 5th, 2011 at 02:28 PM.

Old September 5th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by himan View Post
Do you have any idea when they stopped this? I booked the J2 all inclusive package in March if I remember correctly, think it was through the travel agent I booked the cruise through. This is for a Med cruise on the Serena departing 14 Oct (Next month, !!!) Can't wait. Sorry forgot to mention it was booked through UK travel agent.
I would not worry about the original message, I think it is a fake.

OP joined CC today.
Sends first and only message with not much information, in fact very little to go on.
I don't think we'll see another message from theat quarter.

If you are concerned give your TA / Costa a ring to find out what exactly is the position.

Let us know how you get on.

Ron

Old September 5th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Ron, thanks for that bit of info, do you get a lot of suspicious posts on these forums? I have it in correspondence from TA that J2 is booked, also shows up in My Costa under my order so I know all is ok. Was wondering if they had decided to stop this scheme. Really looking forward to our first cruise on a magnificent looking ship.

Sandy

Old September 5th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Perhaps the OP made the comment after being told be a TA that they don't do them - as some TA's aren't aware of them - and that is the world over - as previous postings have indicated.

Dizzy (Liz)

Coming up: Dawn Princess 4 nights Freo to Freo - April 10 2015

Superstar Gemini - 2002 - Asia -Singapore-Phuket-Kuala Lumpur -Phi Phi Islands -Penang - Malacca
Funchal - 2004 (Aus) - Three days to nowhere (Indian Ocean - south of Femantle)
Superstar Virgo x 2- 2003 & 2007 Asia - Singapore - Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Langkawi - Penang
Costa Allegra - May 16th 2009 - 14 days Singapore - Ho Chi Minh City - Da Nang - Hong Kong - Kota Kinabula - Borneo - Brunei - Singapore
Pacific Sun - Jan 2010 - 3 days to nowhere Fremantle
Costa Classica - April 2011 - 7 days Singapore - Kuala Lumpur - Phuket - Penang - Langkawi - Malacca (not necessarily in that order!!)
Dawn Princess Dec 2013- Melbourne - NZ return

Old September 6th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Im NOT a fake or suspicious in any way
I joined to advise people of what I knew so thanks for the lovely welcome! made me feel a bit rubbish to be honest so thanks for that.
I was advised by thomas cook after they called costa while I was present that the all incusive drinks packages (other than the ones you can book to have with meals) are now discontinued
I was disappointed and wanted to advise others of what I knew
Im sure if u already have something booked you will be fine and its maybe just for new booings.
thanks for the vote of confidence GMT!

Old September 6th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

I just purchased the all-inclusive "J2" package through my TA today without issue for my October 2011 cruise.
HAL Zuiderdam (Eastern Caribbean)- November 2007
MSC Orchestra (Eastern Caribbean)- February 2009
Diamond Princess (Alaska)- September 2009
Celebrity Summit (Southern Caribbean)- January 2010
Celebrity Solstice (Eastern Caribbean)- December 2010
Costa Victoria (Greek Isles)- October, 2011
MSC Poesia (Caribbean)- December, 2012

Old September 6th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Im NOT a fake or suspicious in any way
I joined to advise people of what I knew so thanks for the lovely welcome! made me feel a bit rubbish to be honest so thanks for that.
I was advised by thomas cook after they called costa while I was present that the all incusive drinks packages (other than the ones you can book to have with meals) are now discontinued
I was disappointed and wanted to advise others of what I knew
Im sure if u already have something booked you will be fine and its maybe just for new booings.
thanks for the vote of confidence GMT!
We have seen it all too often, a new member posts a very general message with no meat on it and then disappears.

In your very first message you make a global statement about Costa drinks packages, without mentioning, cruise, date, country.

It is always best to supply as much information as you have so that other passengers / countrymen can relate to it.

You made the statement that Costa had done away with the all inclusive drinks package, but their is a dedicated Costa web site to book such packages in Germany and it is still up and running.

Ron

Old September 6th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Ok Mae1978, please accept my apologies if it was a genuine post, but Ron is right in what he says. I understand it is all too easy to get different info from different sources/TAs etc but sometimes it pays to check around before making statements or ask the question on forums such as this as 99% of the time someone will have encountered the same thing.

Old September 7th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi
I didnt make a 'general' statement about all drinks packages
I clearly stated the the package with dinner is still avail but that the all inclusive all day one was now not available
I hoped this wasnt true as this is what I wanted to order
Im glad if others are able to order it but I was advised by costa that I could not.
Sorry if I didnt incorporate enough info for everyones liking but I didnt realise there was a minimum amount of words I was meant to use
I just wanted to help others with the info I had but seems this was not a good idea and Ive been made to feel horrid
Enjoy your cruises everyone - I need a holiday after the beating Ive had on here!

Old September 7th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Hi
I didnt make a 'general' statement about all drinks packages
I clearly stated the the package with dinner is still avail but that the all inclusive all day one was now not available
I hoped this wasnt true as this is what I wanted to order
Im glad if others are able to order it but I was advised by costa that I could not.
Sorry if I didnt incorporate enough info for everyones liking but I didnt realise there was a minimum amount of words I was meant to use
I just wanted to help others with the info I had but seems this was not a good idea and Ive been made to feel horrid
Enjoy your cruises everyone - I need a holiday after the beating Ive had on here!
In your original message you did make a global statment about all inclusive drinks packages:

"Hi
x"

Such information can cause panic among some cruisers who have alreday booked an all inclusive drinks package and make them worry instead of looking forward to their cruise.

The only additional information you have supplied is "Thomas Cook", which wouldn't mean anything to some members.

Ron

Old September 7th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Cool Cruiser

x

how can the above be a general statement when I have specified the package thats been removed and the one that has not?

ridiculous pickiness on so many levels I was trying to inform people thats all!

as I said thanks for the lovely welcome on the forum its been a joy!

Old September 7th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Mae1978
Please don't feel "got at". There are varying drink packagages, J2, X1, Boys and Girls - wine packages and one or two others. So there's a bit of confusion to start with as you didn't name any particular package. If you look through the threads you will find Ron is a mine of information and often posts the drinks packages for all to see. Also if the drink packages had "gone" he would have been the first to tell us. I assume as you are using Thomas Cook - you are from the UK and you say the TA there was on the phone to Costa while you were there and was informed that the drinks packages are no longer. I have also stood in a Travel shop whilst the TA made a call to Costa and told me there were no drink packages. That was over two years ago - I joined these boards - and sure enough - lots of info about drink packages - so if one half of the world is going on the same cruise as I am - and they have drink packages - why can't I? So I rang Costa direct - and asked them the question - sure enough they told me they couldn't do the drink package for me - but to INSIST the TA book it. I was advised by Costa that TA's didn't like to push them - as there was nothing in it for them - and it was extra work. Now that is what I was told - I know this posting is long winded - but with due respect - the "experts" are on the boards - not in travel shops. You nearly started world ward 3 by not being specific -keep pushing your TA - let us know how you go

Dizzy (Liz)

Superstar Gemini - 2002 - Asia -Singapore-Phuket-Kuala Lumpur -Phi Phi Islands -Penang - Malacca
Superstar Virgo x 2- 2003 & 2007 Asia - Singapore - Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Langkawi - Penang
Costa Allegra - May 16th 2009 - 14 days Singapore - Ho Chi Minh City - Da Nang - Hong Kong - Kota Kinabula - Borneo - Brunei - Singapore
Costa Classica - April 2011 - 7 days Singapore - Kuala Lumpur - Phuket - Penang - Langkawi - Malacca (not necessarily in that order!!)

Last edited by dizzy1948; September 7th, 2011 at 09:28 PM.

Old September 8th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

thanks Dizzy 1948 - yes I nearly started WW3 youre right!

Old September 16th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Costa STILL DO J2 -ALL INCLUSIVE DRINKS PACKAGE

Costa still do A1 allinclusive drinks just booked it today 16 sept 2011 for costa concordia 13 nov 2011

Old September 22nd, 2011, 02:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Drinks packages as supplied to me today by Costa international.

We are booked on the Favolosa in March and I sent and enquiry to Costa and they sent me this information. Interestingly they told me to book it with the agent and the agent told me to book it with Costa! I will sort this out in due course . However here are the packages.

BEVERAGE PACKAGES

NEW - Wine Package Easy
TTG CODE > IPEASY
(Euro 69 / Usd 94 service charge included)
Package not available for mini bar item

4 bottles of italian wines + 7 bottles of mineral water :
2 bottles of red wines
2 bottles of white wines
7 bottles of mineral water

NEW - Wine Package Special Selection Save
TTG CODE > IP1SA
(Euro 109 / Usd 143,75 service charge included)

5 bottles of italian wines superior quality + 7 bottles of mineral water :
3 bottles of red wines
2 bottles of white wines

NEW - Wine Package Classic Selection Super Short
TTG CODE > IP2SS
(Euro 99 / 126,50 service charge included)

6 bottles of italian wines + 7 bottles of mineral water :
3 bottles of red wines
3 bottles of white wines

NEW - Boys & Girl Card Short
TTG CODE > IPBGS
(Euro 23 / Usd 25,30 service charge included)

10 alcohol free drinks from the following selection :
Soft drinks
Virgin Delights
Fresh squeezed citrus fruit
Iced Tea
Milk shake with fresh fruit
Assorted Juices
Syrups

Water Package TTG CODE > IPWP
(Euro 26 / North & South America Usd 32,90 s.c. included)

13 bottles ( 0,75 cl) of mineral water

Exclusive Package TTG CODE > IPEP
(Euro 172,50 / North & South America Usd 218,50 s.c. included)

1 bottle Prosecco doc Aneri n∞ 1 doc Brut
1 bottle Leda doc Alto Adige Aneri
1 bottle Amarone Aneri doc Special Edition
1 bottle Pinot Nero Ale doc Alto Adige Aneri

Happy Individual Beverage Package (by the glass)
TTG CODE > X1 (Euro 13 pax/day / Usd 16,10 pax/day s.c. included)
TTG CODE > X1CHILD (Euro 8.00 pax/day / Usd 9.20 pax/day s.c. incl.)

NB : The X1 / X1CHILD beverage packages are NOT available on Romantica from 20/11/2010 to 24/04/2011 (positioning to Mauritius, Mauritius cruises, repositioning to Singapore).

LUNCH AND DINNER BEVERAGE PACKAGE BY THE GLASS:

Beverage package can be ordered and paid only before the cruise and only to Individual Guests.

The X1 must be booked by all adult guests occupying the same cabin. Children must prepay the X1CHILD.
X1 code will be printed on the Passenger's Costa Badge.
It includes white and red Wines or draft beer, soft drinks, mineral water, all served by the glass in the Dining Room or Self-Service Restaurant during lunch and dinner only. For children from 4 to 17 years old it includes only soft drinks and mineral water.

Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Fantastic info. If you booked your cruise through a TA - then you can only book the drink packages through the TA - keep pushing the TA. They will do it in the end

Dizzy (Liz)

Last edited by dizzy1948; September 22nd, 2011 at 04:47 AM.

Old November 5th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Some of you were awful tough on the OP. They replied the very next day. Not a sin to be new. And being new to CC means some posts might be short of information. Simple questions after the first post would have cleared up and informed everyone reading. Just sayin...

Celebrity Millineum 5/1/12 Caribbean
RCCL Serenade 5/29/11 Souther Caribbean
NCL Star 1/3/08 Mexican Riviera
Caribbean Princess 3/07 Eastern Caribbean
RCCL Vision 10/1/06 Mexico
NCL Pride of Hawaii 7/10/06 Hawaii
Costa Tropicale 7/4/05 - Greece/Turkey
Grand Princess 3/5/05 - Western Caribbean
RCCL Enchantment 09/04 - Western Caribbean
Costa Mediterrania 06/04 - Western Mediterranean
RCCL Rhapsody 03/04 - Western Caribbean
RCCL Splendor 09/03 - Alaska
Costa Atlantica 05/03 - Greek Isles
Carnival Conquest 01/03 - Western Caribbean
Costa Victoria 05/02 - Western Mediterranean
Carnival Celebration 03/01 - Western Caribbean
Carnival Destiny 06/99 - Eastern Caribbean

Old November 9th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Drinks Packages ARE available!

Hi All,

New to this site too, but not cruising. Shortly off on 3rd Costa cruise (not sure why - not the best line I've been on)

Off on Costa Fortuna on journey to south america Nov 19th if anyone else is??

Anyway. Wondering about drinks packages myslef, as have previously ended up buying on board wine, soft drinks etc packages - nothing better than carting a load of little vouchers around.

Phoned Costa direct yesterday:

They now offer 3 packages (will probably get names wrong - they've just re-named them)

1. the old X1 package.Now called something else. Selected drinks with meals. For 18nights, I was quoted £196.44pp - 10.91 pp per day

2. Ultra all inclusive - the old J2. All drinks up to 6.99euro in value anytime.
18 nights £608.58pp - £33.81pp per day

3. All inclusive. A selected list of drinks available all day. Was e-mailed a list. Essentially house wine, soft drinks, non premium spirits. NO speciality coffees, NO cocktails (NO a lot of other things) - £308.02pp - £17.11pp per day.

Mentioned the ruse suggested on here for X1 package where can get a drink anytime buffet is open if grab a small plate of food - replied curtly that "waiters are wise to it, and would deal with it" - welcome to Costa.

More annoyingly, she could not explain why the J2 package is bookable on the German website at 20euro pp per day - thats HALF THE PRICE we have to pay. I asked if I could book it via that website - but apparently it will reject my booking number if not a german citizen. What next - separate prices at the bars depending on nationalities. I can understand differing prices for the cruise, but how can the drinks on board cost different amounts, depending on where you live???

Anyway,

worth working out how much you will realistically spend. The all inclusive is the best value "no hassle" option - not much more than X1. BUT........
can get classic 6 wine/7 mineral water for 103euro +15%, and 20 beers for 72euro +15% etc. Bear in mind, too, that there is a 2 for 1 cocktail of the day every day (NOT included on all incl), they frequently do cheap champagne deals (and the house Jacquard is very good, and not expensive normally at about 25euro a bottle). A bottle of prosecco is about as cheap as any wine on the list too. I worked out we can have a bottle of wine every night, 3 beers each a day, and a bottle of mineral water, and it is still cheaper than the drinks package. remember, too, that coffee (in a vat), and nice tea selection, is available all day in buffet. There is also afternoon tea every day. Not an easy call........

(sorry I've gone on!..)