Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old September 19th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default BAJA DECK on Coral Princess

Anyone stay on this deck??? We are in balcony staterooms midship....
never cruised w/Princess & curious how this deck is???Thanks for any input!

Old September 19th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

i have been on coral princess thru the panama canel 2 times

it was two of the best cruises i have been on

you are on a perfect deck if you want privacy - it is a covered deck so no one can see down on you - but you will be able to see down on others

for me I would not like that - but everyone is diferent

if you have questions about the ship and I can remember, lol - let me know

carol

Old September 19th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby View Post
i have been on coral princess thru the panama canel 2 times

it was two of the best cruises i have been on

you are on a perfect deck if you want privacy - it is a covered deck so no one can see down on you - but you will be able to see down on others

for me I would not like that - but everyone is diferent

if you have questions about the ship and I can remember, lol - let me know

carol
wonderful.....originally we were on the deck w/teen center.....so switched...figured it would be noisy....HA HA..........I have never cruised Princess only Royal Caribbean so 1st timer. Will the steward empty the fridge of all the pricey goodies so we can utilize it??? Were the beds comfortable? How is the closet space??? What kind of cabin were you in??
SEE.....u shouldn't have offered to answer my questions...I am bombarding you...HA HA ....tks

Old September 19th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

you are not bombarding me at all

i love to cruise - this fall will be our 11th cruise.

last year we were on royal carribbean and did not like it at all -did one other royal carribean when 9/11 happened - so needless to say it was not a happy time because of the tragedy that happened - it was our first cruise ever and first time ever that i flew, ugh

our favorite lines are princess and celebrity

have sailed on norwegian and would not go back

the rom stewarts are wonderful and if you ask them to do something they are more than happy to oblige.

you will love the closet space - it is the best around - there is a full open closet with a bar and a hugh shelf above and the floor is below - wonderful for shoes etc

there is a alos a cabinet with about 6 shelves and there is a safe in one of them for your valuables - there is a door so you can hide the mess, lol

the beds were comfortable - on the hard side - if you like a softer bed there is a mattress pad that you can ask the steward for - i hear you can fax princess ahead of time and request one becuase I guess some times they run out - i have never tried it before

if you have not ever had a balcony - you are in for a treat - were in a balcony room in the midle of the ship

what else would you like to know

carol

Old September 19th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspost View Post
wonderful.....originally we were on the deck w/teen center.....so switched...figured it would be noisy....HA HA..........I have never cruised Princess only Royal Caribbean so 1st timer. Will the steward empty the fridge of all the pricey goodies so we can utilize it??? Were the beds comfortable? How is the closet space??? What kind of cabin were you in??
SEE.....u shouldn't have offered to answer my questions...I am bombarding you...HA HA ....tks
We went 24 days on the Coral last year, FLL to YVR followed by a 5 day coastal Alaska "Sampler". Had B222, a mini-suite just forward of the forward elevators. Plenty of room in the mini-suite with a tub and a good sized closet. Balcony was certainly covered but of pretty much 'standard' size - not tiny but not spacious either.

Our steward "Jun" had no trouble emptying the fridge for our own 'carry-ons'. He even brought wine glasses.

Bed was comfy - we like firmer mattresses. Have heard you can get a foam mattress topper if you want it softer. The beds come standard with just a bottom sheet and a duvet, if you want a top sheet, ask the steward.

Very much enjoyed the deck itself as it was two removed from the Lido (not too close nor too far).

Also thought the Coral was just the right size (Momma bear you know) ship. We really liked it.

Save the Ocean Princess!

Ocean Princess - Singapore to Dover around Africa - 2014; Dawn Princess - Australia, Indonesia and New Zealand - 2013
Sapphire Princess - Los Angeles, Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti, Los Angeles - 2012; Golden Princess - RT from Seattle to Alaska - 2012
Diamond Princess - Singapore to YVR 2012; Emerald Princess - Caribbean 2010-2011
Coral Princess - FLL - YVR plus Alaska RT 2010; Star Princess - South America and Antarctica 2009
Costa Classica - Genoa to Venice 2008; Costa Fortuna - Caribbean 2008
Costa Atlantica - Eastern Med 2006; Norwegian Dream - Baltic 2004
Norwegian Dream - Miami to Rome 2003; Norwegian Wind - HNL to YVR 2002
Norwegian Wind - Caribbean 2001; Celebrity Zenith - Caribbean 1996
Norwegian Windward (now the Wind) - So Cal Coastal 1993; Carnival Jubilee - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Festivale - Eastern Caribbean 1988

Ad Sponsored By
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am leaving Monday on the Coral, SF to FLL. I've been on both the Coral and Island before as this is my 26th Princess cruise. Always have balcony on either Caribe or Baja. We are B437, balcony that juts out, center of the ship. The Baja balconies are smaller, hence the lower price (BC cat.) but for me, the size doesn't matter or whether it's covered or not doesn't matter. Love the closet space. Beds are hard but I get a foam topper. you can keep what ever you want in your fridge. since I am elite, I do get a free mini bar set up.

The Coral is a great size ship, most of the longer cruises have many repeat Princess passengers.

Old September 19th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyro1952 View Post
I am leaving Monday on the Coral, SF to FLL. I've been on both the Coral and Island before as this is my 26th Princess cruise. Always have balcony on either Caribe or Baja. We are B437, balcony that juts out, center of the ship. The Baja balconies are smaller, hence the lower price (BC cat.) but for me, the size doesn't matter or whether it's covered or not doesn't matter. Love the closet space. Beds are hard but I get a foam topper. you can keep what ever you want in your fridge. since I am elite, I do get a free mini bar set up.

The Coral is a great size ship, most of the longer cruises have many repeat Princess passengers.

yes...we are on same cruise...we are B551 & B601.......BC category also which I guess I don't understand the categories anyhow......HA HA

Old September 21st, 2011, 01:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby View Post
you are not bombarding me at all

i love to cruise - this fall will be our 11th cruise.

last year we were on royal carribbean and did not like it at all -did one other royal carribean when 9/11 happened - so needless to say it was not a happy time because of the tragedy that happened - it was our first cruise ever and first time ever that i flew, ugh

our favorite lines are princess and celebrity

have sailed on norwegian and would not go back

the rom stewarts are wonderful and if you ask them to do something they are more than happy to oblige.

you will love the closet space - it is the best around - there is a full open closet with a bar and a hugh shelf above and the floor is below - wonderful for shoes etc

there is a alos a cabinet with about 6 shelves and there is a safe in one of them for your valuables - there is a door so you can hide the mess, lol

the beds were comfortable - on the hard side - if you like a softer bed there is a mattress pad that you can ask the steward for - i hear you can fax princess ahead of time and request one becuase I guess some times they run out - i have never tried it before

if you have not ever had a balcony - you are in for a treat - were in a balcony room in the midle of the ship

what else would you like to know

carol

SO don't want to spend much time doing laundry while cruising & I Know they have washers/dryers...................are there irons in laundry room??

also, do they have laundry service or pressing service?

what is the cost of these??? As far as self serve,,,,,I heard $2 for wash & $2 for dry!!

Old September 21st, 2011, 02:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Just make sure your cabin is not right next to the jut out. You will have some limited impairment on your view depending where you stand on your balconey.

Future
Grand Princess Mexico Rivera Nov. 2014
Golden Princess Buenos Aires to Santiago March 2015 Part 1
Golden Princess Santiago to Los Angeles March 2015 Part 2

Completed
Sapphire Princess Southern California Jan. 2014 Part 2
Sapphire Princess Southern California Jan 2014 Part 1
Ruby Princess Eastern Mediterranean Sep/Oct 2013
Coral Princess: Panama Canal Feb 2013
Emerald Princess Southern Caribbean Apr 2012 Part 2
Emerald Princess Eastern Caribbean Apr 2012 Part 1
Sapphire Princess South Pacific Oct 2011
Sea Princess Alaska July 2011
Golden Princess Hawaii March 2011
Sapphire Princess Mexico Rivera Dec 2010
Sea Princess, Alaska, Sep. 2010
Crown Princess, West Caribbean, Apr. 2010
Diamond Princess, Australia and NZ, Jan. 2010
Carnival Splendor, Mexican Rivera, Dec. 2009
Coral Princess, Panama Canal, Sep. and Oct 2009
Grand Princess, West Europe, Apr. and May 2009 Part 2
Grand Princess, Transatlantic and UK, Apr. 2009 Part 1
Star Princess. Mexican Rivera, Oct. 2008

Old September 21st, 2011, 11:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Love the Coral/Island. They are a little different from a typical Princess ship. Baja starboard from 701 to the back is uncovered balconies. This link is the best info on staterooms.
http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/p...ies/index.html

Old September 21st, 2011, 01:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you Maureen.....very helpful....it appears our decks are covered & not affected by the bump out....

Old September 21st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Coral had something else I loved, along with Island, that unfortunately my Carribean Princess trip will not. They have a contiguous Promenade deck. I know not everyone is concerned with this, but I am a dedicated walker, and Coral saw me every morning, evening, and overnight circling that ship interminably. I surely do not like as well the multi-level Promenade.

FYI: The Coral trip I was on was about great service, period. I hope you will have and appreciate that as well. That trip made me a cruiser, as opposed to just a traveler.

HAL Oosterdam May, 2011, Pacific Coast-4 days

Diamond Princess May 2012, Beijing to Vancouver-22 days

Caribbean Princess August 2012 London to NY- 17 days

HAL Amsterdam December 2012 Panama Canal-17 days

Coral Princess June 2013, Alaska Cruisetour-13 days

Celebrity Constellation October 2013 Black Sea-12 days

Crown Princess March 2014 Buenos Aires to LA-30 days

Ocean Princess June 2014 Midnight Sun [Norway]-16 days

Coral Princess Dec 2014 Half-Panama Canal-11 days

Hopefully more to come.

Old September 21st, 2011, 03:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

We were on the Coral Princess Baja deck for our Alaska cruise in June 2009. One of my favorite things about it was the observation decks at the very front and back of the ship. Very few people on our cruise knew about the one at the front. It was great to be up there practically by myself going under the Lion's Gate Bridge in Vancouver, during the early morning approach to Ketchikan, and in Glacier Bay. Other than that we found our balcony room to be just fine, and the Coral Princess overall was a very attractive ship.

Last edited by austinlw; September 21st, 2011 at 03:27 PM.