Trans-Pacific cruise--weather?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:49 AM.
Scottsdale AZ USA
30 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
PTs22---I would appreciate some imput from you as you are a resident of Hawaii. We are scheduled to sail from Yokohama, one stop in Honolulu, embarking on May 16th. We have been on a couple of the same voyages, but later in the summer and we are wondering, will it be cooler, calling for more transitional clothing as opposed to summer stuff? I just read that you took the same cruise at one time. As you are on spot, so to say, what kind of weather should we expect? I don't think I will like it as rough as you do, but we love our favorite ship, the Harmony. Hope to hear from you as we are leaving on Friday, this week! Thanks!

Chickie
Honolulu, Hawaii USA
79 Posts
Joined May 2003
Schotzie:
I am also a Hawaii resident. Currently we have humid weather --about 78 degrees and we have been having a fair amount of rain this past week. Expect warm weather here this time of year, although not as hot as August and September. Offshore it can be quite windy, so a windbreaker and light sweater would be appropriate. Seas are running low....about 9' at the moment, but we do have rougher waters here in general than in most other parts of the Pacific. Hope this helps.
Aloha,
April

April Ambard
CruiseOne
NCL America Pride of Aloha 6/13/04

Carnival Pride 9/19/2004

1/04 Crystal Harmony
7/03 RCCL Monarch of the Seas
6/03 Celebrity Summit
1/03 Carnival Ecstasy
12/01 NCL Star Inaugural
Honolulu, Hawaii USA
79 Posts
Joined May 2003
They certainly are, Chickie!

April Ambard
CruiseOne

Carnival Pride 9/19/2004

1/04 Crystal Harmony
6/03 Celebrity Summit
1/03 Carnival Ecstasy
12/01 NCL Star Inaugural
Kaneohe, Hi. USA
439 Posts
Joined May 2000
Chickie,

Even though you asked me, April has it right. Should be smooth sailing and summer like weather. It could get down to the mid-fifties in Japan at night. Our favorite ship is also the Harmony although we haven't been on the Serenity yet. Have fun!

Aloha, Pete
Honolulu, Hawaii USA
79 Posts
Joined May 2003
a hui ho

April Ambard
CruiseOne

Carnival Pride 9/19/2004

1/04 Crystal Harmony
6/03 Celebrity Summit