Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Belize

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 18th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Crazy4Koko, I just spoke with Nacho about the same exact tour. Have you done yours already? Does the Baboon sanctuary tour involve lots of walking? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Koko View Post
We are going to go to Altun Ha first thing in the morning ( hopefully before most of the tours start arriving), then to the 'Baboon sanctuary' for a rainforest walk with one of the guides who works there.. I hope to see some parrots in their natural habitat, as well as monkeys and the beauty of the land.. we are going to have lunch at a beach near the port to sample the local fare, and then some shopping outside the port area.. We'll also hit up some of the local tourist stops for photo ops..

Pretty basic stuff.. had wanted to do the Old Belize river tour, but this should really only be done with the ship according to Nacho, as it is extremely cost prohibitive for locals to rent boats and guides..which makes sense, as I've priced boat tours in other ports in the 60 to 100 dollar range.

The price is only slightly higher than what I've seen from other private vendors, includes beer, water, soda, rum punch..and two tour guides at our disposal... what could be better?

Old April 24th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

I can tell you there is not a lot of walking in the "Baboon Sanctuary". According to what part of the country you are from will determine what you consider "rain forest". To me we were in peoples back yard down by the river but then again I am use to the country. As for the monkeys it was neat to feed them and get a quick picture. We may have spent 30-45 minutes there and that was a plenty. What ever Nacho plans for you will be fun. I wish I could go with you. You will get your moneys worth with them.

Old April 25th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddog View Post
I can tell you there is not a lot of walking in the "Baboon Sanctuary". According to what part of the country you are from will determine what you consider "rain forest". To me we were in peoples back yard down by the river but then again I am use to the country. As for the monkeys it was neat to feed them and get a quick picture. We may have spent 30-45 minutes there and that was a plenty. What ever Nacho plans for you will be fun. I wish I could go with you. You will get your moneys worth with them.
Thanks for the info. We are looking at this tour also...made online enquiry...and less than 5 minutes later Nacho rang us. So impressed, as we are downunder, hence never expected a phone call. This is what you call service.

Old April 25th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default YES... definitely worth the price...

Took our familiy of 5 on 4/7/2012- 3, 5 and 15 year old kids and my husband and I... decided to do the ruins and monkey sanctuary tour. We had a blast. Nacho is very knowledgeable and we learned lots.... plus keeping it interesting for EVERYONE. We weren't up for shopping but wanted to sample the local fruits... so they stopped and bought some for us to try. Really treated us like family. I know they also do the more adventurous tours too. Nacho and Cynthia made the tour for us.

Old April 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

great to hear you had a great time. I am looking forward to mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruski007 View Post
Took our familiy of 5 on 4/7/2012- 3, 5 and 15 year old kids and my husband and I... decided to do the ruins and monkey sanctuary tour. We had a blast. Nacho is very knowledgeable and we learned lots.... plus keeping it interesting for EVERYONE. We weren't up for shopping but wanted to sample the local fruits... so they stopped and bought some for us to try. Really treated us like family. I know they also do the more adventurous tours too. Nacho and Cynthia made the tour for us.

Old May 6th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you to the others who posted. We are really looking forward to Nacho & Cynthia. Can't wait. I still have no joiners for our tour- still looking. Anyone sailing the Dream 11/10/2012 you can find us on the roll call for that sailing. Looking for 4-10 pp to join us.

Coming up

Past cruises
Dream - April 5, 2014 - Repositioning cruise
Breeze - Oct 12, 2013 - E Caribbean
Dream - Nov 2012 - W Caribbean
Legend - Dec 2011 - W Caribbean
Conquest - Feb 2010 - W Caribbean
Pride - Nov 2008 - Mexican Riviera
Valor - March 2008 - E Caribbean
RCI Vision of the Seas - July 2007 - Alaska

Old May 17th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for all the info.... I am going to check out their website for our cruise this July!

Old May 17th, 2012, 03:34 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditswife View Post
Thank you to the others who posted. We are really looking forward to Nacho & Cynthia. Can't wait. I still have no joiners for our tour- still looking. Anyone sailing the Dream 11/10/2012 you can find us on the roll call for that sailing. Looking for 4-10 pp to join us.
Keep that active in your roll call. You'll be suprised how many new folks will start popping in about September looking for ideas. You can basically give nacho a heads up 2-3 days before you sail with a count, so long as you don't go over his van's limit.

And maybe search what other ships will be in Belize the same day as you're scheduled and venture out to their roll calls as well.
Carnival Dream, January 2010
Carnival Dream, May 2010
Carnival Dream, June 2011
Carnival Liberty April 2012
Carnival Breeze, November 2012

Last edited by crewsweeper; May 17th, 2012 at 03:35 PM.

Old May 18th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

We have a group of 10, does anyone know what the cost of cave-tubing would be?

Old May 19th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Young Children on cave tube excursion

How was this excursion with young children??? Were they tired or too small for the tubes? I have a 8 and 6 year old and just want to be sure that the kids will be able to do the tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amom4eva View Post
They truly are a great couple to have as guides. My group did not do the cavetubing but we went on to see the ruins. Nacho kept up informed & entertained all the time; from the time we go into the air conditioned vehicle to the time we went back to catch the tender). Cynthia is a great driver.
My group of 17 was definately in the best hands with this couple (6 kids aged 4-10; 3 elders and everyone else 40 and under). We had an unforgettable time in Belize and we owe it all to Nacho & Cynthia.
Milly

Old June 16th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Best in belize

We just returned from our cruise the first week in June and we used Nacho and Cynthia (NCQADVENTURETOURS.COM) for zip lining and cave tubing in Belize. We had a really great time and my MIL broke the record for the oldest person to zip line (74). She loved it and can't wait to go again. The day was first class all the way! The tubes for cave tubing are very comfortable with a bottom and headrest. Nacho and Cynthia's knowledge of Belize is amazing and he will entertain you both to and from the zip line and cave tubing destination. They are very accommodating and make sure to keep an eye on the time so you get back to the dock on time. Everyone in our family, from 15 to 74 can't stop talking about what a GREAT time we had with Nacho and Cynthia in Belize and can't wait to go back again.Make sure to provide Nacho with a phone number when making your reservations as he personally calls everyone to confirm.
P.S. We used a large company for the same excursion previously and had a HORRIBLE experience, so we HIGHLY recommend the personal attention of Nacho and Cynthia.

Old June 17th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Kruisingkouple: I'm glad you had a good time with NCQtours.

Coming up

Past cruises

Old July 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPDOO View Post
How was this excursion with young children??? Were they tired or too small for the tubes? I have a 8 and 6 year old and just want to be sure that the kids will be able to do the tour.
We just got back from our cruise on the Carnival Dream. We did cave tubing with Nacho and Cynthia with my 5 and 9 year olds. They did just fine. My 5 year old sat on my husband's lap and my 9 year old had her own tube (she is tall for her age). N&C treated them like grandchildren It was great!
Carnival Freedom Oct. 2010
Carnival Dream July 2012

[url=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/URL

Old July 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks blindhrtd- I am glad to hear of folks having a good time w Nacho & Cynthia.

Coming up

Past cruises

Old July 15th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmac View Post
We have a group of 10, does anyone know what the cost of cave-tubing would be?
I was quoted my choice of either (1) $35 per person OR (2) Free excursion for the organizer and a free t-shirt. Everybody else plays the standard $40 rate.

Old July 16th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

we still have some time to wait until our tour with Nacho and Cynthia, but I'm confident we will have a GREAT time!!!!! There will be 15 of us that day!

Old August 27th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

DH and I did cave tubing and zip lining last week (Aug 22, 2012) with Nacho & Cynthia. They are still going strong and doing a great job. We loved doing this tour with them, and we really enjoyed being the only people on the tour with them. It wasn't crowded at all, and Cynthia went above & beyond to find me shorts to tube in (I had left my swimsuit bottoms in my stateroom!) Nacho's riddles are a hoot!!

Old August 28th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Shagga Mama - Can you tell how much you paid for the zip line/cave tour and how long it was? We've got at least 4 in our group interested, but trying to get an idea of the cost. Thanks!

Old August 29th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplertimes View Post
Shagga Mama - Can you tell how much you paid for the zip line/cave tour and how long it was? We've got at least 4 in our group interested, but trying to get an idea of the cost. Thanks!
We paid $125/person BUT if it's 4 people the price goes down to $110/person. We got off the boat fairly early--I was worried with the tenders that we wouldn't. We drove to Jaguar Paw (takes a little over an hour) and ziplined for 45 mins-1hour. Then we did the cave tubing. It's a 25 min hike and then at least 30 mins to go through the whole thing. It's amazing. And then we ate lunch there, then drove back. We arrived back at the ship with plenty of time to spare. I want to say the entire tour took 4-5 hours. Nacho & Cynthia are very conscientious about getting you back to the ship in time.

Old August 31st, 2012, 10:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Shagga Mama - I talked with Nacho yesterday. What a character! I had given my information on their site and he called me. We must have talked for over a half an hour. Sounds like a great guy.

We've got at least 4 interested in the zipline/tubing. Maybe a couple more. He gave me a price of $110/ea but said if I get 10 plus myself, he'll give us a freebie. Hubby initially said he didn't want to do that and was going to look for something else, but then he said he'd like to come but skip the zipline (what a wuss! ).