Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old October 4th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Question St. John Half Day Champagne Cat Sail - excursion

has anyone done this excursion. do you have to swim ashore to the beach from the catamaran? the excursion is desribed as "The brisk sail across Pillsbury Sound brings the catamaran to its special mooring destination where you can swim to or reach the beautiful National Park Honeymoon Bay Beach via dinghy". If i am right, a dinghy is a small boat that will bring us directly to the beach?
is this worth $80???

Ad Sponsored By
Old October 4th, 2011, 08:28 AM
5,000+ Club

Yes, a dinghy is a small boat. Whether or not the excursion is worth the money is difficult to judge. Have you tried posting this question on the Ports of Call board?

Old October 4th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We have taken this excursion and loved it. It consists of a scenic, beautiful ride across to St. John. Then they anchor off a beach, I believe the choice can vary due to weather conditions. You do indeed have a choice of swimming ashore or riding in a little dinghy, very easy to get into, then plenty of time on the beach to swim, stroll, sunbathe, etc. We thought it was well worth the $80/pp. Very friendly crew, beautiful scenery. I believe there is a longer tour including lunch , but we wanted a chance to shop also, so this one worked out best for us.

Old October 4th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

this tour is 4 hours and includes "freshly baked breads, cheeses, fruits and a variety of beverages onboard". is this the one you did? how long are you actually on the catamaran?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynbar View Post
We have taken this excursion and loved it. It consists of a scenic, beautiful ride across to St. John. Then they anchor off a beach, I believe the choice can vary due to weather conditions. You do indeed have a choice of swimming ashore or riding in a little dinghy, very easy to get into, then plenty of time on the beach to swim, stroll, sunbathe, etc. We thought it was well worth the $80/pp. Very friendly crew, beautiful scenery. I believe there is a longer tour including lunch , but we wanted a chance to shop also, so this one worked out best for us.

Old October 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Champagne Catamaran St. John

Quote:
Hi,

We're also considering this excursion but as seniors, are wondering how difficult it is to disembark/embark from/into the catamaran - does it have little steps at the back that you use to get into the water ? Thanks.

Old October 4th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by geenafeena View Post
this tour is 4 hours and includes "freshly baked breads, cheeses, fruits and a variety of beverages onboard". is this the one you did? how long are you actually on the catamaran?
Yes, that sounds like the one! I remember snacks were served as well as cold drinks and drinks (beer, rum punch, that sort of thing.) Staff was very friendly and accommodating, atmosphere was festive. We were on the beach probably about an hour and a half, but the timing of everything seemed right. The scenery is really lovely on this water tour, one of the best we've seen in that regard.

Last edited by cynbar; October 4th, 2011 at 07:15 PM.

Old October 4th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulounic View Post
Hi,

We're also considering this excursion but as seniors, are wondering how difficult it is to disembark/embark from/into the catamaran - does it have little steps at the back that you use to get into the water ? Thanks.
Yes, there were steps. We're not the most agile middle aged people you will ever see, and we managed just fine. It was more like a sturdy ladder than a stairway, though. Staff was very helpful and really wants to make sure everyone has fun.

Old October 5th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Yes, there were steps. We're not the most agile middle aged people you will ever see, and we managed just fine. It was more like a sturdy ladder than a stairway, though. Staff was very helpful and really wants to make sure everyone has fun.
Great. So, for us, it will be Champagne Catamaran ! I have another question though: what about accessing the "facilities" ?
Thanks.

Old October 5th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi,

we were on this tour last February. There is one 'facility' but a poor one. It is on a catamaran and you better do not breath when you are there. And where shoes, flip flops or similiar. But we enjoyed it very much - I mean the tour.....
My husband went with the dingi to the beach and snorkeled. Both is fine. When you return they offer rum punch and mimosas. They have water, coke etc., too.

Last edited by black forest; October 5th, 2011 at 09:18 AM.