Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
- Read thousands of Celebrity Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Celebrity Cruise Deals
- Write a Celebrity Cruise Review
- Find Your Celebrity Roll Call
See posts about:
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Summit

Celebrity Eclipse
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Xpedition

Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Silhouette

Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Solstice

Old October 11th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Recent 12 day Solstice cruisers - laundry ?

Due to air restrictions, we have one checked bag and one carry on each for our 15 day trip. We know we will need some laundering done on board. We are "Classic" members so no Elite benefits for us. Were there ever any deals offered on laundry by the bag or ??? during your recent cruise?

Thank you in advance for your response.
2009: Aug - HAL Amsterdam to Alaska ***** / Nov - HAL Ryndam to Western Caribbean (central America) ****
2010: Feb - Celebrity Century to Key West & Grand Cayman ****1/2 / May - Celebrity Summit to Bermuda ***1/2 / Oct/Nov - Celebrity Infinity through the Panama Canal *****
2011: Jan - Crown Princess to Western Caribbean ** / Mar - HAL Westerdam to Southern Caribbean ***** / Oct/Nov - Celebrity Solstice to Western Mediterranean ***1/2
2012: Jan - HAL Eurodam to Eastern Caribbean ****1/2 / May - HAL Ryndam to the Fjords & North Cape ****1/2 / Sept/Oct - Celebrity Summit to Canada & Maine **
2013: Jan - HAL Zuiderdam Panama Canal Sunfarer **** / April - Viking Skadi "Tulips & Windmills" *** / Oct/Nov - Celebrity Constellation to Turkey & Greece ****
2014: Feb - HAL Westerdam Eastern Caribbean ****1/2 / May/June - HAL Prinsendam Kiel Canal and Baltics **** / Oct - HAL Westerdam Panama Canal 15 days *****
188 cruising days and counting! (87 HAL, 64 'X', 37 others)

Old October 11th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

We got off the Solstice 2 weeks ago after a 12 night Med. cruise and there were no deals offered for laundry. They were very timely on returning the items to us even though it was after the cut off time for next day delivery and they did a great job.

Have fun!

Past cruises
2000 Sept.14-American Queen Steamboat-Mississippi River-4 nights
2011 Sept.17-Celebrity Solstice-Eastern Med.-12 nights
2012 Aug. 24-Celebrity Millenium-Alaska -12 nights

Old October 11th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

i too am a Classic CC member. I had some coupons in my stateroom for various things on board. One was a 10% off laundry bag. I was on a 10 cruise and used the laundry twice. I love the service and it does cut down on bringing so much clothes.

Old October 11th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by StartrainDD View Post
Due to air restrictions, we have one checked bag and one carry on each for our 15 day trip. We know we will need some laundering done on board. We are "Classic" members so no Elite benefits for us. Were there ever any deals offered on laundry by the bag or ??? during your recent cruise?

On my 8-29-11 Equinox cruise, there was a special on the last sea day (9-7-11). They were offering to launder the contents of one of their laundry bags for $35.95. The bag wasn't huge, but I was able to stuff in everything that we wanted/needed cleaned, so it worked for us.

Reviewing my Celebrity Today for this, the ad claims that the regular value for this is $129.95 -- it was definitely worth $35.95 and to my mind definitely not worth $129.95. Even if they'd charged per piece for what I fit into the laundry bag I don't think it would have come close to costing $129.95.

Old October 11th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cool Laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by StartrainDD View Post

We are elite flyers yet we only pack a roll-on & tote for 16 days. We sent out polo shirts,dress shirts for laundry & I had slacks pressed. Prices were no more than @ home- though at home I would have wasked the polos shirts myself. Prices are listed on X website. Also there will be coupons (all levels) on the desk on your 1st day .
Suggestion- Magellans sells inflatable hangers-great if you just need to rinse out something. Take a stretch clothes line-the kind that is twisted so that clothespines are not required. Hand wash the underwear & socks. Use can buy packs of Tide or Woolite or use the shampoo in your cabin-really works and leaves a mild scent.
Have a geart trip
Carole

Old October 12th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Cool Cruiser

Last cruise I sent each day's dirty clothes off to be laundered, just to keep the room tidy. They do a nag up job.