Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

View Poll Results: This tread should be made a sticky
Agree 105 96.33%
Disagree 4 3.67%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 15th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Obstructed view pictures.

Just recently retired and I’m looking for a project to keep me out of my DW way.
It seems to me that the obstructed view cabins have a lot of people wondering what they should expect and rightly so.
I know there is a tread that lists a lot of info about obstructed view cabins but I’m wondering if it would be useful to have something similar as they have on the HAL forum where you can check out a lot of cabins.
The only thing I would change is that this tread would only be for obstructed view cabins.
To get things started I have compiled pictures (good ones and bad ones) of cabins with obstructed view from most of the Princess fleet. I downloaded those pictures mainly from CC treads but also from other sites on the internet. However, I like to know if I’m breaking any rules by posting those pictures.
As far as I know, whatever is available on line is public domain but I could be wrong.
Anybody care to give me some info.
Also like to know what our moderator’s view is on this.

Theo

Keep kids healthy, donate to your local children hospital .

Old October 15th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

i think its a great and helpful project! i hope its okay that you use other's photos. i would appreciate it and i'm sure your dw would too!

Old October 15th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Would really love to have that in an organized way where you could search for the cabin number. I will add to your picture collection in Jan for Star E405 and in Oct. for Diamond E416. Of course if I hate the first room might have to switch for the next cruise. Could you also have a guide to which ships are sisters or half sisters so that comparisons were easier?

I see room pictures here all the time and so can't think there would be a problem but I have been wrong a few times before Double post here on Princess and on Cabin selection tips if you are doing so much work! TIA

Barbara and Walter
Bowie, Md.

2014Oceanic Discoverer New Zealand South Island
2013 Disney Dream 2012Diamond Princess The Orient route Star Princess Cape Horn Route SA 2011M/V Evolution Galapagos Islands 2011 Uniworld River Duchess Tulips/windmills;2010 Crown Princess Canada/New England;2010 Coral Princess Panama Canal;2009 Oceania Nautica Greece and Turkey;2008 Cunard QM2 Southern Caribbean;2008 Celebrity Constellation Iberia & TA;2007 Majestic American Queen of West ColumbiaR;2006 Princess Star Princess Baltic;2004 Princess Tahitian Princess South Pacific;2003 Viking River Cruises Clara Schumann Elbe R;2002 Coral Princess (Aust) Coral Princess2 Reef;2001 Princess Royal Princess Norwegian Fijords;2000 Jungle Expeditions La Turmalina Amazon R;1999 Disney Magic Bahamas;1998 RCCL Enchanment of Seas Western Carib.;1996 Princess Star Princess (old) Alaska;1994 RCCL Monarch of the Seas Southern Carib;1990 RCCL Nordic Prince Bermuda;1987 RCCL Sun Viking Eastern Carib.

Old October 16th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

As of now I have the following;
Sister ships: Caribbean—Crown—Emerald—Ruby. (60 pictures for each ship)
Sister ships: Diamond—Sapphire. (52 pictures of each ship)
Sister ships: Golden—Grand—Star. (90 pictures of each ship)
Sister ships: Dawn—Sea—Sun. (0 pictures of each ship)
Sister ships: Coral—Island. (2 pictures of each ship)
Sister ships: Ocean—Pacific. (0 pictures of each ship)
And of course the new Royal Princess. (no pictures available yet)

As the Port side is 99.9% identical to the Starboard side on all the ships it makes sense to only post the pictures of either side although I do have them for both sides.

I like to say thank you to a lot of people that posted pictures before but like to mention especially “KOOLJAMMING” who apparently ran down some hallways to take a lot of pictures.

Disclaimer; Although I try to be as accurate as possible there is no 100% guaranty what you see is what you get.

Theo

Old October 16th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Theo, this is a great idea. My photos are on the other thread - E414 on the Crown. These were actually taken on the Ruby, which is the sister ship, so I trust that they are accurate.

Ad Sponsored By
Old October 16th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

I think this is a great idea, especially if they can make it a sticky, so it is always at the top.

Holland America, Noordam Collect0r Cruise, Caribbean
Grand Princess, Mexican West Coast, 9-17-13
Holland America, Veendam, Santiago to Buenos Aires, Antarctic, 1-10-13
Holland America, Ryndam, Barcelona, 10-4-12
Holland America, Westerdam, Alaska, 5-12-12
Island Princess, Panama Canal, 3-18-12
Ocean Princess, North Atlantic, 8-7-11 Carnival Conquest, Western Caribbean, 4-3-11 Star Flyer, Panama Canal 10-31-10
Holland America, Zaandam, Mexican Riviera 03-02-10 Crown Princess, Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale, 10-23-09 Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean, 3-20-09 Holland America, Ryndam, Mexican Riviera 02/09 Carnival Liberty, Western Caribbean (supposed to be Eastern, thanks Ike) 09/08 Dawn Princess, Mexican West Coast, 03/08 Star Flyer, Mediterranean, 10/07 Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera, 01/07 Empress of Canada, St Lawrence Seaway, 09/06 Grand Princess, Western Caribbean, 12/05 Dawn Princess, Alaska 06/04 Cruise West, Spirit of '98, Columbia River, 10/03 Cruise West, Temptress Explorer, Panama Canal 12/01 Cruise West, Sea of Cortez 12/00 Glacier Bay, Wilderness Discoverer, Alaska 06/00

Old October 16th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Cool Cruiser

Theo - This is amazing!! I have been assembling exactly the same sort of compilation for Princess Grand Class ships from pictures and descriptions posted here on CC.

I've been putting them all together in an excel spreadsheet for organization. I was planning to save it as a jpg image and post it. I figured re-posting things from here on CC would be OK - similar to quoting from others' posts....

I'd be glad to send you the spreadsheet and let you incorporate it (or not) into your Project. (It's a 6MB file) No use both of us doing the same thing.... Let me know your e-mail address if you're interested.

Ruby Princess - Eastern Caribbean 3/25/12 - Silver Anniversary Cruise
Ruby Princess - Eastern Caribbean 2/3/13 - Gayle's Birthday Cruise
Norewgian Pearl - Alaska 6/16/13 - 4 Generation Family Cruise

Old October 16th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondawgie View Post
Theo, this is a great idea. My photos are on the other thread - E414 on the Crown. These were actually taken on the Ruby, which is the sister ship, so I trust that they are accurate.
I'll search for that tread unless you can link me to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimau View Post
I think this is a great idea, especially if they can make it a sticky, so it is always at the top.
That would be nice. Any idea how to go about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVBill View Post
Theo - This is amazing!! I have been assembling exactly the same sort of compilation for Princess Grand Class ships from pictures and descriptions posted here on CC.

I've been putting them all together in an excel spreadsheet for organization. I was planning to save it as a jpg image and post it. I figured re-posting things from here on CC would be OK - similar to quoting from others' posts....

I'd be glad to send you the spreadsheet and let you incorporate it (or not) into your Project. (It's a 6MB file) No use both of us doing the same thing.... Let me know your e-mail address if you're interested.
I'm interested. My email is; theog99 at telus dot net. (I think this is the way we supposed to give email addresses).

Theo

Old October 17th, 2011, 12:12 AM
10,000+ Club

That other thread should have a photo or two that I posted there. we were in E421 on the Golden Princess in December.

Hoping for another trip to the land of Aloha!

Carnival Jubilee - Mex. Riv.; Sensation - W. Caribb.; Holiday (2Xs) - Baja; Paradise - E Caribb; Ecstasy - Baja; Star Princess - Mex. Riv.; Sapphire Princess - Alaska; Island Princess - Hawaii; Golden Princess - Hawaii (one of the best cruises ever!!!!); another Golden Princess -- Hawaii

Read about my most recent cruise at
http://www.sites.google.com/site/holidayalohaii/home

Old October 17th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

I send an email to Princess requesting permission to use the Princess name as part of the website I'm trying to set up. I hope they will give permission.
Theo

Old October 17th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

There is a website called cruisedeckplans.com (also samesite at cruisestateroom.com) that has a lot of photos of cabins for all the major cruiselines/ships.

Old October 17th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsaw View Post
There is a website called cruisedeckplans.com (also samesite at cruisestateroom.com) that has a lot of photos of cabins for all the major cruiselines/ships.
Thanks for the input, I'll have a look at it.
My object is to show just the obstructed view cabins because that what seems to interest people the most.

Theo

Old October 17th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsaw View Post
I had a quick look at it and if I'm not mistaken you have to become a "paying" member to look at the pictures.
What I'm trying to do is make it free for everybody to look at the pictures like they have on the HAL forum.
Theo

Old October 17th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

I think this is a wonderful idea! I have looked at some of the other threads, and have wished there was a way to organize the pics. Would love to see your pics. Are they available to see yet? If so where do I go to find them? Thanks so much for your time consuming work!!

Old October 17th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge20 View Post
I think this is a wonderful idea! I have looked at some of the other threads, and have wished there was a way to organize the pics. Would love to see your pics. Are they available to see yet? If so where do I go to find them? Thanks so much for your time consuming work!!
I hope to have it up and running within the next few weeks. As you say, it's time consuming.
In the meantime it would be nice if people have pictures available to send to me (see email address below). Please remember that I only like to have pictures that show the view "FROM" obstructed view cabins.
Theo

theog99 at telus dot net

Old October 17th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Hope that you are getting some photos up and then we can keep it floating to the top. In a little over 4 hours today this slipped to page 2. Bump it up so others can see. I really want to see Star E405 as that is what I have or Diamond E416 which is 16 days in Oct. 2012.

Barbara and Walter
Bowie, Md.

2014Oceanic Discoverer New Zealand South Island
2013 Disney Dream 2012Diamond Princess The Orient route Star Princess Cape Horn Route SA 2011M/V Evolution Galapagos Islands 2011 Uniworld River Duchess Tulips/windmills;2010 Crown Princess Canada/New England;2010 Coral Princess Panama Canal;2009 Oceania Nautica Greece and Turkey;2008 Cunard QM2 Southern Caribbean;2008 Celebrity Constellation Iberia & TA;2007 Majestic American Queen of West ColumbiaR;2006 Princess Star Princess Baltic;2004 Princess Tahitian Princess South Pacific;2003 Viking River Cruises Clara Schumann Elbe R;2002 Coral Princess (Aust) Coral Princess2 Reef;2001 Princess Royal Princess Norwegian Fijords;2000 Jungle Expeditions La Turmalina Amazon R;1999 Disney Magic Bahamas;1998 RCCL Enchanment of Seas Western Carib.;1996 Princess Star Princess (old) Alaska;1994 RCCL Monarch of the Seas Southern Carib;1990 RCCL Nordic Prince Bermuda;1987 RCCL Sun Viking Eastern Carib.

Old October 18th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Cool Cruiser

I think this is a great idea. I have obstructed view cabins booked on the Sapphire, Ruby, and Caribbean over the next 15 months and I'd love to be able to see how obstructed the view really is. Thanks for being willing to do this.

Old October 18th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie MeMe View Post
Hope that you are getting some photos up and then we can keep it floating to the top. In a little over 4 hours today this slipped to page 2. Bump it up so others can see. I really want to see Star E405 as that is what I have or Diamond E416 which is 16 days in Oct. 2012.
Here is E405, this picture is from one of the Grand Class ships.
The Star is a Grand Class ship. Sorry for the small image but better than nothing.
Attachment 209808

Here is E416, this is from either the Diamond or the Sapphire which are sister ships.
Attachment 209809

Theo

Last edited by Admin; April 2nd, 2012 at 12:41 PM.

Old October 18th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renmar View Post
As of now I have the following;

Sister ships: Dawn—Sea—Sun. (0 pictures of each ship)

Theo
Great idea Theo
I'm booked in D326 on Sea Princess in 3 weeks. I can't imagine that no one has taken pics of the OV cabins on any Sun class ships, so I really hope the pax that have can post some soon.
We can't change cabins as we need a wheelchair one but would like to see what we're getting so we'll be prepeared for what it's like.

--------------------------------
P&O Pacific Pearl 16/04/2014 - Southern Australia
Voyager of the Seas 04/02/2014 - Family History Cruise
Celebrity Solstice 04/11/2013 - New Zealand
Dawn Princess 28/4/2013 - Sydney to Fremantle via Darwin
P&O Pacific Pearl 9/11/2012 - New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Fiji
Sea Princess 11/12/2011 - New Zealand
P&O Pacific Jewel 23/6/2011-Pentecost Is, Vila, New Caledonia
P&O Pacific Sun 29/11/2010-New Caledonia, Vila
P&O Pacific Sun 12/2/2010-Indonesia / WA
Celebrity Mercury 11/05/2009-Alaska
P&O Pacific Sun 04/10/2008-Noumea, Lifou, Vila
P&0 Pacific Sun 27/9/2008-Tropical Queensland
P&O Pacific Star 09/12/2007-Tonga, Fiji
Sapphire Princess 12/3/2007-Auckland to Sydney
P&O Pacific Sky 2004-Vanuatu, Noumea

Old October 18th, 2011, 09:14 AM
5,000+ Club

Here are larger shots of the view from Diamond cabin E416 and port side cabin E406 which we had on our Golden cruise. The second shot should be very similar to it's sister ship Star E405 view other than it is a reversed or mirror view being that cabin E405 is on the opposite (starboard) side of the ship. Sorry but I don't have an actual shot of the view from Star E405.

Diamond E416

Golden E406

Pass Cruises
Festival's Bolero Dec98 E Car*Blackbeard's Pirate Lady Jan99 Bahamas*Sun's Carousel (Nordic Prince)Feb99 S.Car*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Sept99-W Med*Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Jan00 PC* Sea Pr June00-Alaska* Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Feb01 W Car* Grand PrFeb02 W.Car* Empress of the Seas July 02 Bermuda*Star Pr Feb03 Mex Riv* Enchantment of the Seas Mar03 E.Carib*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)June03 W Med*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Jan04-S Car* Voyager of the Seas June 04 Canada* Sun's Sunbird (Song of America) Aug 04 W Med*Maasdam Mar05 S.Car* Costa's Mediterranea Apr06 E Car* Regal Princess Nov 06 PC* Serenade of the Seas Feb.07-S Car*Adventure of the Seas Mar07 S Car*Radiance of the Seas Sept07 Alaska &West Coast* Legend of the Seas Nov07- E Med*Radiance of the Seas May08Hawaii* X Century Dec08 West TA*Radiance of the Seas Apr-May09 Chile to San Diego*X Mercury Nov09 E.Caribbean*Radiance of the Seas Feb10 Mex. Riv*Grand Princess Apr10 East TA*X Summit Nov10 S. Car*X Summit Dec10 S Car*Golden Pr Feb11 Hawaii*X Constellation S. Car Mar11 Car*Emerald Pr Nov-Dec11 S Car*X Silhouette Jan12 E Car*X Century Mar/Apr 12Hawaii*Caribbean Pr Apr12 East TA*Caribbean Pr May12 British Isles*X Eclipse Dec12 S Car*Voyager of the Seas Feb/Mar13 Oz/NZ*X Century Nov/Dec13 Hawaii*Ruby Pr Feb14 W Car*X Century Feb14 E Car*Serenade of the Seas Apr/May14 East TA*

Last edited by robtulipe; October 18th, 2011 at 09:31 AM.