Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Aruba

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old October 31st, 2011, 10:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile private tour with SOnny Binns????

Can anyone tell me if they have done a private tour with 2 people thru Sonny Binns? If so, how did you like it? where did you go and what did you see?

ANy feedback (good or bad) will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Cruzdreamin'

Ad Sponsored By
Old November 1st, 2011, 03:53 PM
5,000+ Club

Private Taxi Tours
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...72&postcount=7

Island Tour

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...48&postcount=5

Someone posted about their tour experience with Sonny at cruisecritic's sister website tripadvisor,
"I wanted everybody to know we just used Sonny for a private tour and transfers. He showed up on time for each and was very proffessional. We would have needed two taxis and he was the same price, but we only had to tip once. The tour was personalized as we picked the sites we wanted to see. His prices were so reasonable that it was better to use him then a large tour bus full of strangers and at the mercy of scheduled stops. We got to stop when and where we wanted. I highly recommend him."

Blogging to Aruba ~ Aruba Pictures ~ Cat Information

2012 Celebrity Silhouette ~ 2008 Cunard Queen Mary 2 ~ 2006 Celebrity Galaxy ~ 2005 Celebrity Galaxy ~ 2004 HAL Zaandam ~ 2003 Princess Golden Princess ~ 1998 Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas ~ 1996 Majesty Cruise Line Norwegian Majesty ~ 1989 Royal Caribbean Song of Norway ~ 1988 Chandris Fantasy Britanis ~ 1986 Chandris Fantasy Galileo ~ 1985 Costa CostaRiviera ~ 1984 NCL Starward ~ 1983 Carnival Carnivale

Old November 1st, 2011, 09:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Aurbalisa for your reply! I just wanted to make sure we had someone reliable. 4 days and a cruzin' we will go...woohoo!!!!
Cruzdreamin'

Old November 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

From what I have seen Sonny is $60 per hour and Bully is $45 per hour ? Is this correct ? How do they differ ?

Thank you in advanced !!

Still researching, cant wait for my day in ARUBA !!

Old November 28th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Taxi and tour bus fare

In Aruba cabs are allowed to transport maximum 5 passengers and the price is set by the government, whereas tour vans can transport as many passengers as they can accommodate and the price is not set by the government.

Last edited by sonnyfr; November 28th, 2011 at 09:54 PM.

Old April 1st, 2012, 05:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Sonny Binns , Aruba Island Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
Private Taxi Tours
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...72&postcount=7

Island Tour

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...48&postcount=5

Someone posted about their tour experience with Sonny at cruisecritic's sister website tripadvisor,
"I wanted everybody to know we just used Sonny for a private tour and transfers. He showed up on time for each and was very proffessional. We would have needed two taxis and he was the same price, but we only had to tip once. The tour was personalized as we picked the sites we wanted to see. His prices were so reasonable that it was better to use him then a large tour bus full of strangers and at the mercy of scheduled stops. We got to stop when and where we wanted. I highly recommend him."

We also booked an Aruba Island Tour with Sonny and I fully agree with everything you have posted ! He was indeed, professional, reasonably priced and I felt we had a more personalized experience because of our small group ! I would also highly recommend him !

Grand Princess , 2006 Caribbean
Crown Princess , 2006 Caribbean
Grand Princess , 2006 Caribbean
Caribbean Princess, 2011 Caribbean
Grand Princess , 2012 Caribbean
Star Princess , 2012 Alaska
Emerald Princess , 2012 Caribbean
Crown Princess , 2013 Trans Atlantic
Sapphire Princess , 2013 Hawaii
Ruby Princess , 2014 Mexico and Caribbean

Old April 5th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Cool Cruiser

We were picked up at the cruise ship port and driven in a small air-conditioned van which sat up to 10 people. We had two other couples with us. We then were driven for a great tour of Aruba. We saw the Lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel, Natural bridge and the Rock formations. We drove past some lovely beaches and beautiful homes. We had a great 3 hour tour which turned into about 3.5 hours. Sonny answered all of our questions and was very informative. We learned a lot about Aruba and it's history. Sonny Binns email <binns.tours@yahoo.com>
Grand Princess 12/2012
Grand Princess 3/2012
Princess Sapphire 4/2011
Celebrity Summit 11/2010
RC Oasis of the Seas 3/2010
Princess Sapphire 12/2009
Celebrity Summit 4/2009
RC Freedom of the Seas 8/2008
Carnival Imagination 8/2007
Carnival Triumph 4/2007

Old April 25th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

I just booked a tour with Sonny for September based on the reviews I have seen on here.

Past Cruises:
1995-Carnival Imagination
2004-Carnival Sensation
2008-Royal Carribean Oasis of the Seas
2009-Carnival Freedom
2012-Carnival Sensation

Old May 8th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgirl08 View Post
I just booked a tour with Sonny for September based on the reviews I have seen on here.

You won't be disappointed. Sonny was personable, informative and provided a comprehensive, custom tour (we did not want any beach time). Sonny was in the terminal, with a sign with my name on it, 15 minutes before we were scheduled to meet him. I would highly recommend him to anyone wanting a great overview of Aruba.

PAST CRUISES: The Big Red Boat, RCCL Jewel of the Seas, NCL - Sea, Jewel (x2), Spirit (x2), Sky (x2), Star.

Old May 10th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by asand5554 View Post
You won't be disappointed. Sonny was personable, informative and provided a comprehensive, custom tour (we did not want any beach time). Sonny was in the terminal, with a sign with my name on it, 15 minutes before we were scheduled to meet him. I would highly recommend him to anyone wanting a great overview of Aruba.

Oh good! I'm glad to hear from another happy customer of Sonnys! We are looking forward to it. We want a little beach time just to see it.

Past Cruises:
1995-Carnival Imagination
2004-Carnival Sensation
2008-Royal Carribean Oasis of the Seas
2009-Carnival Freedom
2012-Carnival Sensation

Old May 14th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Cool Cruiser

Just back from Carnival Freedom yesterday.

I cannot recommend Sonny highly enough! He was OUTSTANDING!

DW, DS and I were in a small air-conditioned van with three other people. Sonny took us to the aforementioned spots, as well as making stops along the way based on requests and when he noticed something he thought would be of interest to us (i.e., showing us a cashew tree and the fruit/nut from one).

He charged us $25 each because we were with the larger group. If you've never been to Aruba before, do yourself a favor and book with Sonny. He has another driver named Howard that also works with him and they are hilarious together! Sonny drives the 10-passenger van and Howard drives the 15-passenger van. Once you see the cruiseship-excursion folks tanking around in huge Greyhound buses, you will be so happy you booked with Sonny. A very memorable and personalized experience!

Carnival Imagination: 10/96
Grand Princess: 9/01
Carnival Glory: 10/03
Carnival Splendor: 5/09
Carnival Legend: 12/10
Celebrity Solstice: 2/11
Celebrity Eclipse: 11/11
Carnival Freedom 5/12
Norwegian Dawn 11/12
Celebrity Summit 4/13
Celebrity Reflection 3/14

Old February 1st, 2013, 02:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Does Sonny Binns have a website or e-mail address?

Monarch of the Seas '99 - Carnival Victory '00 - Celebrity Infinity '01 - Grandeur of the Seas '02 - Diamond Princess '04 - Carnival Miracle '06 - Celebrity Mercury '07 - Carnival Spirit '08 - HAL Oosterdam '08 - Carnival Conquest '09 - Emerald Princess '10 - Adventure of the Seas '10 - Carnival Glory '11 - Sapphire Princess '12 - Carnival Magic '12 - Caribbean Princess '13 - Carnival Dream '13 - Crown Princess '14 - Carnival Valor '14 - Jewel of the Seas '15

You haven't lived until you've cruised.

Old February 1st, 2013, 03:08 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHARTWICK View Post
binns.tours@yahoo.com

Blogging to Aruba ~ Aruba Pictures ~ Cat Information

2012 Celebrity Silhouette ~ 2008 Cunard Queen Mary 2 ~ 2006 Celebrity Galaxy ~ 2005 Celebrity Galaxy ~ 2004 HAL Zaandam ~ 2003 Princess Golden Princess ~ 1998 Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas ~ 1996 Majesty Cruise Line Norwegian Majesty ~ 1989 Royal Caribbean Song of Norway ~ 1988 Chandris Fantasy Britanis ~ 1986 Chandris Fantasy Galileo ~ 1985 Costa CostaRiviera ~ 1984 NCL Starward ~ 1983 Carnival Carnivale

Old February 8th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHARTWICK View Post
Try http://folkestours.com/ Do not use www. Scroll down to bottom of page and you will see Sonny.

Last edited by emeraldlake; February 8th, 2013 at 09:09 PM.

Old February 10th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

WE booked Sonny on our recent Caribbean Princess cruise and he was outstanding.

Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Sonny's Tours

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboro View Post
WE booked Sonny on our recent Caribbean Princess cruise and he was outstanding.
We have booked Sonny's tour with our Meet n Greet friends. I can't wait, with all the good reviews on these boards. Originally I tried to book him on our own months ago, but he said he needed at least 6 people. Now we have 6+ and whoopee we are booked.
5/08 Spirit Vancouver Round trip
4/09 Splendor Mexican Riviera
4/10 Miracle Bermuda
9/12 Glory New England/Canada
2013 Breeze/ Caribbean

Old March 3rd, 2013, 02:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default booked too

I contacted him months ago and he needed more people so we couldn't book with him. I emailed him every few weeks and today I heard back that we there is now enough people so we can do the tour. After so many great reviews we are really looking forward to it.

Old March 13th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cool

I wrote him yesterday. The day we will be there he is full. I asked him to put us on the waiting list and he said he would. Now we are looking elsewhere.

Old March 17th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

This has to be the best island tour. We booked a trip and were met in the terminal by Howard, a very friendly courteous man. He asked us to wait a few minutes while he tried to locate the other group of four that had booked with him.

He kept returning to us and apologizing for having us wait and then had us wait in his air conditioned van. Well, the other group was a no show (shame on them) but he found another group and he gave us a fantastic tour. Although we got delayed for 1.5 hours when another tour bus tried to pass our parked bus on a narrow street and did considerable damage to the rear of Howard's van. We had to wait for the police and insurance.

But, after that was all settled he continued the tour. He was never rushed and took time to answer questions and make frequent stops to point out things of interest.

The other group wanted to be dropped off at a beach and later picked up. He accommodated them. Also, a group flagged us down and wanted a ride into the city thinking our bus was the public transportation. He offered to take them with a small fee if we, his VIP passengers, didn't mind and of course we didn't.

He took us right back to the ship and I think his tour was well worth the $30 each that he charged us.

Last edited by topcop; March 17th, 2013 at 11:31 AM.

Old March 18th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzdreamin' View Post
Can anyone tell me if they have done a private tour with 2 people thru Sonny Binns? If so, how did you like it? where did you go and what did you see?

ANy feedback (good or bad) will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Cruzdreamin'
We just got back from a cruise and wanted to recommend Sonny Binns of Binns Tours for a great island tour of Aruba. He has a modern, comfortable, air-conditioned bus that carries 25 passengers, and a minimum of 6 is required. We had a 3 hour tour for $30 each in cash. I recruited people on the ship and we had 7 or 8, and we all loved it. We didn't pay until we got there, meeting him in the cruise terminal. We saw all the big sites (except the national park, which takes a lot of time), and he was willing to drop people off at beaches on the way back if they wanted. We also were able to hear a lot about island life and ask questions. He can be reached at binns.tours@yahoo.com. (Don't forget the dot between binns and tours.) Do email in advance so he will know to be there waiting! His cell: 297-5926535 and 297-5682028.