Alcohol Purchase

jlcga

We're going on our first Princess cruise - Star Princess out of Copenhagen. Did I read somewhere that I can order bottles of liquer through room service and it's delivered to the cabin, for consumption in cabin during the cruise? If so, is it outrageous prices like through a hotel room service or closer to what I'd pay at my local liquer store? I know it wouldn't be as cheap as the ship's store which keeps it until the cruise ends.

Since we're traveling all the way to Europe, I really don't want to pack any in the luggage.

Thank you!

We're going on our first Princess cruise - Star Princess out of Copenhagen. Did I read somewhere that I can order bottles of liquer through room service and it's delivered to the cabin, for consumption in cabin during the cruise? If so, is it outrageous prices like through a hotel room service or closer to what I'd pay at my local liquer store?

The prices are quite reasonable.

Once on board you can order through room service or you can buy a bottle from any bartender. Keep in mind, you will also pay 15% gratuity on both types of purchases.

Or, you can pre-order, through Princess, ahead of time.

Here is the link to the info and prices:

http://www.princess.com/onboard/sendagift/liquor.html

note: if you pre-order, you avoid the 15% gratuity.

Once you've decided what you want to pre-order, fill out this form and fax it to Princess. Your liquor will be waiting in your cabin when you get on board.

Bon voyage!

We preordered prior to the cruise, but I had cut if awfully close (like the week of the cruise). When we boarded there was nothing waiting. A trip to the pursurers who said they would check on it and delivery was accomplished before dinner. I would not have been upset if they hadn't delivered due to my late order, but it would be better if you took care of it sooner than I did. You might also keep a copy of order with documents.

The prices were within reason and certainly beat packing it along. The Grand Marnier was actually a better bargain than at home as it was a full liter vs 750 ml. We did, however take along our own selection of wines.

As other's have mentioned you can purchase from room service (if you don't use the pre-order option). I found the service to be fast and reasonably priced. On my last cruise I ordered a bottle of liquor on the 1st evening of the cruise. I was told it would arrive in 30-45 mins....it arrived in 15 minutes.

.......but if you want the best price, purchase at a duty free store at one of your port calls and bring it back onboard.

Thanks for the info. It's sure different from Carnival, Norway or RCCL. My luggage just got lighter! I've read different posts on other threads that say room service doesn't have 15% gratuity on bottles though, only drinks.

We ordered a bottle of bourbon and a bottle of vodka and it was in our room when we arrived. It was great making a drink and sitting on our balcony. Of course, we did not finish the bottles by the time our 10 day cruise was over, but we are sure the crew must have had a good time with it as we left it there!

Webegone,

Are you sure about that? On the Diamond in Jan. we went to the bar that sells bottles and asked what we could buy as my wife drinks Margaritas and tequila is not on the list. We were handed the list that contains the same selection as the gift selection and told that was it.

We preordered some liquor for our 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Star Princess in May. We had checked in very early so it was not in the room right away but it was delivered while we were there. The prices were really reasonable! We did not order additional bottles through room service, though, so I can't comment on that. The liquor actually lasted the entire cruise! Great service. It's nice having a little bar set up so that you can cocktail hour anytime you want. :)

Archived