Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Friends who sailed Inaugural Cruise! June 3rd 2012! BREEZE ROLL CALL

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old April 10th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default I'm impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryandJacquelyn View Post
Well, I feel we get to check off a few things off the "To-do-list" this weekend! 1. completed our spring planting and landscaping in our yard, so it's ready for the summer 2. divided and ziplocked all our misc. items for the trip. 3. bought snacks for our plane ride and bagged them neatly 4. Made all our Steakhouse reservations 5. prepared the embarking luggage tags for the suitcases 6. got our luggage ready that we are going to take .... Tomorrow we will take care of the euro's and banking stuff ...

So, I'm pretty excited!
Wow. You've got a ton of energy and you're soo organized!!! I can only hope!!!

Regina

Past Cruises:
- Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Breeze (US Inaugural) (11/22/2012), - Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Breeze (European Inaugural) (6/3/2012), Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Splendor (12/18/11), Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Dream (3/5/11), Royal Carribean - Allure of the Seas (1/2/11) - , Princess Cruise Line - Carribean Princess (3/21/10) - , Norweign Cruise Line - Norweign Jewel (11/13/09) - , Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Freedom (8/23/09) - , Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Destiny (10/6/08) , Carnival Cruise Line - Ecstasy - Married on Board (8/25/07)
Princess Cruise Line - Golden Princess (11/12/05), Carnival Cruise Line - Imagination (11/13/04)

Old April 10th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueNTexas View Post
Welcome !!! Welcome!!! There's great people here and a ton of information. It may take some time to catch up but it'll be worth your time. Do join the website and get a quick overview. Have a great day and welcome!!!

Regina
Regina, when will you be in DC?

2013 CCL Fantasy 2013 CCL Glory 2013 CCL Destiny 2012 CCL Breeze (inaugural), 2011 CCL Legend, 2008 CCL Legend, 2007 CCL Glory, 2006 NCL Sun, 2004 CCL Victory, 2003 Grand, Princess, 2002 CCL Pride, 2000 HAL Amsterdam, 2000 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas, 1999 CCL Destiny, 1998 HAL Veendam, 1997 CCL Fascination, 1994 HAL Maasdam~Inaugural, 1993 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam, 1990 HAL Westerdam

Old April 10th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default In Baltimore now . DC - Friday morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsbrown View Post
Regina, when will you be in DC?
Rob and I are planning to spend the weekend in DC. Can't wait to see the cherry blossoms, the Capitol and all the sites. We're sooo excited!!!

Past Cruises:
- Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Breeze (US Inaugural) (11/22/2012), - Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Breeze (European Inaugural) (6/3/2012), Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Splendor (12/18/11), Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Dream (3/5/11), Royal Carribean - Allure of the Seas (1/2/11) - , Princess Cruise Line - Carribean Princess (3/21/10) - , Norweign Cruise Line - Norweign Jewel (11/13/09) - , Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Freedom (8/23/09) - , Carnival Cruise Line - Carnival Destiny (10/6/08) , Carnival Cruise Line - Ecstasy - Married on Board (8/25/07)
Princess Cruise Line - Golden Princess (11/12/05), Carnival Cruise Line - Imagination (11/13/04)

Last edited by UniqueNTexas; April 10th, 2012 at 06:48 AM.

Old April 10th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisertommyboy View Post
Joe, I believe that I had read back in part 1 that they are legally required to have your passport or copy on file while you stay at the hotel. I asked the Olimpia Hotel that very question. They told me that they make a copy and return your passport to you. I think all hotels have their own procedures.

I hvent quite retired yet. Still working while they train my replacement, maybe 2 more weeks

Tom

Making a copy of my passport is one thing. Insist on holding it is quite another. What if you are on the streets and the police wanted identification? I strictly will not agree to the hotel holding on to my passport. I have no reason to trust the hotel staff to do that... not with something that important and could totally screw up your travel plans if things go wrong.

Woohoo...two weeks to retirement! Thought of what hobbies to pick up after the wedding and cruise? Stalking the people here, perhaps?? I can just imagine Tom with a pair of night vision goggles!

Seriously... I think you should plan one of those world cruises. I think Princess Diamond travels from the Vancouver to Asia and then to Australia every year. Something to consider.

Celebrity Infinity - Feb/Mar 2014 - South America/Antarctica
Carnival Legend - Sep/Oct 2013 - Transatlantic

Carnival Breeze - June 2012 - Mediterranean
Coral Princess - May 2011 - Alaska

Old April 10th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Rob and I are planning to spend the weekend in DC. Can't wait to see the cherry blossoms, the Capitol and all the sites. We're sooo excited!!!
You will have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusCruiser View Post
Making a copy of my passport is one thing. Insist on holding it is quite another. What if you are on the streets and the police wanted identification? I strictly will not agree to the hotel holding on to my passport. I have no reason to trust the hotel staff to do that... not with something that important and could totally screw up your travel plans if things go wrong.
Joe, the only time I had that happen was in Morocco and I didn't like it at all! My girls traveled to Europe with school trips, exchange programs, etc., in their early teens thru high school. The group leaders always insisted on having a copy of their passport and extra passport pics. I have continued that practice. I have copies of everyone's passport that I keep with me at all times~~~you never know when you might need it.

2013 CCL Fantasy 2013 CCL Glory 2013 CCL Destiny 2012 CCL Breeze (inaugural), 2011 CCL Legend, 2008 CCL Legend, 2007 CCL Glory, 2006 NCL Sun, 2004 CCL Victory, 2003 Grand, Princess, 2002 CCL Pride, 2000 HAL Amsterdam, 2000 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas, 1999 CCL Destiny, 1998 HAL Veendam, 1997 CCL Fascination, 1994 HAL Maasdam~Inaugural, 1993 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam, 1990 HAL Westerdam

Old April 10th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
My experience with credit cards and debit/ATM's is this: make darn sure I call the cc company and Wells Fargo before I go and tell them I'm traveling outside the USA. They usually ask me what countries I'm visiting, etc. Then it's noted on my account and it won't be denied. I have done that for years with my cc but never occured to me to call about my debit/ATM card. Tried to get cash with my ATM at a bank in Rome and it wouldn't work. Oops! Ended up having to call Wells Fargo, then going to the AMEX office to get cash. It was a major pain in the butt. Now I call the bank and the cc company everytime I leave home. Also, very true about ATM/debit cards not protecting you like credit cards do. The Electronic Fund Transfer Act allows financial institutions to put their own caps on liability on unauthorized or disputed charges. Some banks may only make you responsible for the first $50, others may make you responsible for the first $500. I need to check with Wells Fargo and find out what is their policy.
In case anyone has Bank of America:

With our $0 Liability Guarantee, fraudulent charges made with your debit or credit card are credited to your account as soon as the next day.

Fraudulent charges can happen to anyone. At Bank of America we understand this. Thatís why we offer a $0 Liability Guarantee on all of our consumer debit and credit cards*. So youíre not responsible for any fraudulent charges. Guaranteed.

In the event that fraudulent charges do occur, Bank of America will credit any fraudulent charges made with your debit or credit card back to your account as soon as the next day.

Monitoring
We monitor your accounts for fraudulent activity and alert you promptly if abnormal patterns are detected.

Resolving Fraud
If youíre a Bank of America customer and feel your debit or credit card has been used fraudulently, we want to help ease your frustration. Please report fraud or other suspicious activity immediately:

Consumer Checking & Savings Accounts: 1.877.833.5617

Consumer Credit Card: 1.800.383.0618

Ready to Get Started?

Apply today for a credit card or sign up for a checking account with debit card and enjoy our $0 Liability Guarantee.

*The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent purchases and payments made by others using your Bank of America credit and debit cards. To be covered, report purchases made by others promptly, and donít share personal or account information with anyone. Access to funds next business day in most cases, pending resolution of claim. Consult customer and account agreements for full details.

Some accounts and services, and the fees that apply to them, vary from state to state. Please review the information for your state in the Personal Schedule of Fees (at www.bankofamerica.com/feesataglance or at your local Banking Center) and in the Online Banking Service Agreement at www.bankofamerica.com/serviceagreement.

Old April 10th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
My experience with credit cards and debit/ATM's is this: make darn sure I call the cc company and Wells Fargo before I go and tell them I'm traveling outside the USA. They usually ask me what countries I'm visiting, etc. Then it's noted on my account and it won't be denied. I have done that for years with my cc but never occured to me to call about my debit/ATM card. Tried to get cash with my ATM at a bank in Rome and it wouldn't work. Oops! Ended up having to call Wells Fargo, then going to the AMEX office to get cash. It was a major pain in the butt. Now I call the bank and the cc company everytime I leave home. Also, very true about ATM/debit cards not protecting you like credit cards do. The Electronic Fund Transfer Act allows financial institutions to put their own caps on liability on unauthorized or disputed charges. Some banks may only make you responsible for the first $50, others may make you responsible for the first $500. I need to check with Wells Fargo and find out what is their policy.
For those that have Capital One checking accounts this is what I found in my Online Checking Account and Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement for Captial One:

Liability for Unauthorized Transfers.

You will be liable for unauthorized electronic transactions to your designated accounts to the extent allowed by applicable federal and state law.
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your ATM/Debit Card has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that an electronic funds transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your designated deposit accounts. However, if you tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your ATM/Debit Card without your permission.
If you DO NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or the theft of your ATM/Debit Card, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your ATM/Debit Card without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.

Old April 10th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by John&John View Post
In case anyone has Bank of America:

With our $0 Liability Guarantee, fraudulent charges made with your debit or credit card are credited to your account as soon as the next day.

Fraudulent charges can happen to anyone. At Bank of America we understand this. Thatís why we offer a $0 Liability Guarantee on all of our consumer debit and credit cards*. So youíre not responsible for any fraudulent charges. Guaranteed.

In the event that fraudulent charges do occur, Bank of America will credit any fraudulent charges made with your debit or credit card back to your account as soon as the next day.

Monitoring
We monitor your accounts for fraudulent activity and alert you promptly if abnormal patterns are detected.

Resolving Fraud
If youíre a Bank of America customer and feel your debit or credit card has been used fraudulently, we want to help ease your frustration. Please report fraud or other suspicious activity immediately:

Consumer Checking & Savings Accounts: 1.877.833.5617

Consumer Credit Card: 1.800.383.0618

Ready to Get Started?

Apply today for a credit card or sign up for a checking account with debit card and enjoy our $0 Liability Guarantee.

*The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent purchases and payments made by others using your Bank of America credit and debit cards. To be covered, report purchases made by others promptly, and donít share personal or account information with anyone. Access to funds next business day in most cases, pending resolution of claim. Consult customer and account agreements for full details.

Some accounts and services, and the fees that apply to them, vary from state to state. Please review the information for your state in the Personal Schedule of Fees (at www.bankofamerica.com/feesataglance or at your local Banking Center) and in the Online Banking Service Agreement at www.bankofamerica.com/serviceagreement.
John, I checked Wells Fargo. They say basically the same thing. The only caveat is the "reporting promptly". When I read the Electronic Funds Act stuff, it was very clear about "reporting promptly". My understanding is we have to report within 48 hours to get the zero liability. If not, we may be responsible for the first $50~~which still isn't too bad. I hope I take enough Euros to not have to worry about this!!!

Old April 10th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Not sure if Sunday will complicate the public bus schedule but a bunch of us are not taking any risk and have hired a private bus to take us there at 15euros each. You can see the information under Excursions page of Tricee's website. FYI.

Btw...what's your name? Your profile on Tricee's website says "Gail and I".... I could not find your name anywhere, unless you prefer everyone to call you UncleT? Haha... I don't mind but I can't speak for many people here who are more senior. You are very young to have 11 grand kids though... wow.
Well my youngest daughter is 32 and they all have blessed us. LOL
I see the group tour but it is full. Thanks though! I guess I could book another transfer if more people were interested in joining.
Tomas

Legend of the Seas-Panama Canal 3/30/2015
Carnival Dream-Western Caribbean 2013
Carnival Breeze-Medeterranean 2012
Radiance of the Seas-Hawaii Circle Cruise 2006
Carnival Elation-MEXICAN RIVIERA 2000
Carnival Elation-MEXICAN RIVIERA 1998
Carnival Fantasy-Bahamas 1992

http://www.travelpod.com/members/smokey_travl

Last edited by UncleT; April 10th, 2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Added information

Old April 10th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleT View Post
Well my youngest daughter is 32 and they all have blessed us. LOL
I see the group tour but it is full. Thanks though!
Tomas
YOUNGEST?? Gosh... amazing!

Yes... I know the bus is full. But you can always get the contact info from Michelle and if necessary, start another bus. Should be quite easy to fill up... most of us do not have plans for Olbia.

I did that for two of the tours (in Izmir and Messina) I wanted but were full.

Sunday for Italy could present issues... even if public buses continue to operate, the timing is likely to be different. Carnival charges $49pp to bring you to another beach, which I never heard off.

Old April 10th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
YOUNGEST?? Gosh... amazing!

Yes... I know the bus is full. But you can always get the contact info from Michelle and if necessary, start another bus. Should be quite easy to fill up... most of us do not have plans for Olbia.

I did that for two of the tours (in Izmir and Messina) I wanted but were full.

Sunday for Italy could present issues... even if public buses continue to operate, the timing is likely to be different. Carnival charges $49pp to bring you to another beach, which I never heard off.
I could do that. I'll check into it today. I do have a tour in Izmir and Messina that we are looking to share also. We could use 2-4 more people in each.
After I set it up do I just post it here?

Old April 10th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I just returned from DC on Friday. The cherry blossoms are already gone. I missed them too.

Old April 10th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
You can post it here but most definitely send the info to Tricee for her to post on her website as well. Postings here can be lost easily among the sea of posts. Our record was like 6 pages in one day.

Old April 10th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I could do that. I'll check into it today. I do have a tour in Izmir and Messina that we are looking to share also. We could use 2-4 more people in each.

Just email the info through the website and I will get it posted. I try to remind people of the open tours each day.

Previous Cruises:
Carnival Sensation/Bahamas/December 2007, M/S Holiday/Cozumel/November 2008, Carnival Dream/Western Mediterranean/October 2009, Carnival Legend/Western Caribbean/December 2010, Carnival Fascination/Bahamas/October 2011, Carnival Breeze/Inaugural Mediterranean/June 2012, Carnival Paradise/Western Caribbean 1st B2B/December 2012, Carnival Paradise/Western Caribbean 2nd B2B/December 2012, Carnival Fascination/Bahamas/April 2013, Carnival Dream/Eastern Caribbean/August 2013, Carnival Elation/Mexico/November 2013, Carnival Sunshine/Eastern Caribbean/January 2014

Future Cruises:
Ruby Princess/British Isles/August 2014

Old April 10th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Private Tour: Jewish Sites in Sardis

ROOM FOR 4 MORE
Organizer=Howard aka hoeljoje
Duration:8 hours (approx.) USD $100.00
Your private tour will depart Izmir for Sardis, capital of ancient Lydia, where once the churches of St. John existed. Sardis is located at the foot of the Tumulus Mountains and overlooks the Hermus River plain. ..Highlights Private Tour of Jewish Sites in Sardis Explore the ruins of the Temple of Cybele and Diana Visit the Marble Synagogue and Mount Pagus Includes lunch English-speaking local guide Transport by private vehicle ..Tour the ruins of the Temple of Cybele and Diana, where a 4th century Basilica and later became a church. See the golden river Pactalos and the Royal Road. Visit the reconstructed Roman Synagogue, the Gymnasium and the new excavation area. The Private Full Day Tour of Jewish Sites in Sardis "includes lunch"
ROOM FOR 4 MORE
Howard & Ellen S, Howard & Ellen B

========================================
UNDERGROUND ROME TOUR with Roma Sotterranea
ROOM FOR 3 to 9 MORE
Organizer starr_sun aka Tricee
For those that have been to Rome before and want to see "different" things, I have inquired about some "UNDERGROUND" Rome sites to see. The tour guide is from Roma Sotterranea, a group of geologists, architects, engineers, archaeologists and others people with a huge passion for Rome's history. Transportation to the city from the port is NOT included and this is a 3 hour long WALKING TOUR. You must be mobile because there are lots of stairs. Quotes are based on 4 to 6 people but more people can be added to the tour. NOTE prices decrease slightly as more people are added.
MEETING TIME 10AM in front of San Clemente

We will see San Clemente, SS. Quattro Coronati, and Case romane del Celio

(Guided tour in English and booking inclusive)
Price
which includes entrance fees
€75for 4, €61 for 6, €54 for 8, €50 for 10
ROOM FOR 3 to 9 MORE
Tricee & Mikey, Michelle & Paul, Howard & Ellen S., Ruth

================================================== =====

Tour Pisa and Florence with unforgettabletuscany.com

ROOM FOR 4 MORE

Contact Person Sharon aka Roxypi and Bruce

Pisa After meeting at the port we will reach Pisa (30 min drive) through the old Aurelia Way flanked with hundreds of “umbrella” pine trees and a striking view of the Alpi Apuane and the white marble quarries. We will visit Piazza dei Miracoli & The Leaning Tower of Pisa. WE WILL NOT BE TAKING THE TIME NECESSARY TO CLIMB TO THE TOP OF THE LEANING TOWER OF PISA. We will drive through Piazza dei Cavalieri where the famous Scuola Normale Superiore founded by Napoleon is located, and then we will go straight to Florence. Here, the first stop will be at Piazzale Michelangelo, from which you can enjoy a breathless panorama of the city while we will tell you about some of the churches, palaces and bridges you are seeing. Florence
We will then drive downtown and visit the Academia Museum with the statue of David by Michelangelo (pre booking recommended) and/or the Uffizi Gallery with some of the greatest painting masterpieces (pre booking recommended). After visiting the museums you will have time for your favorite lunch and to explore the historical center: Piazza del Duomo with S.Maria del Fiore Cathedral and the Baptistery, Piazza della Signoria and the Old Palace, the Old Bridge with its jewel and gold shops, Via Tornabuoni for exclusive shopping. Finally after visiting Piazza S. Croce and its famous church, we will head for the ship driving through some countryside.

Other places of interest: The Synagogue, Pitti Palace and the Palatine Gallery, Medici Chapels.

Firenze Ponte Vecchio Round Trip 125 miles

Please note, due to time constraints, we will take time for a photo opportunity at the Leaning Tower of Pisa but WILL NOT take the time for anyone to line up and climb the tower. As a group, we can decide on the Uffizzi Gallery OR the Academia Museum, our tour guide can prebook the tickets for us so we do not have to wait in long line ups. Dh and I used Paolo, the owner of unforgettabletuscany.com as our guide in 2009 and he was incredible. We went to the Uffizzi gallery and it was spectacular. He drove us back to Livorno thru Tuscany and i'm sure we could do that again, that was breathtaking for sure.

The price is 550 Euros for 7-8 persons or 69 E per person for a 9 hour tour.
PS, if you go into his website and check out photo gallery, there is a pic of dh and I and our group of 8 at the dock, we are on the left side, 2nd pic down.

Sharon First Van--TOUR FULL
Sharon, Frank, Jane, Gary, Pat, Billy, MaryEtta, Susan

Bruce Second Van--ROOM FOR 4 MORE
Bruce, Karen, Rick, Denise

==========================================

Tour of Nice, Eze, and Monaco
ROOM FOR 2 MORE

Contact Person Sharon aka Roxypi and Ingrid aka travln_isa
We will depart from the pier of Monaco at 1:00pm. We will drive to Nice. In Nice we will drive on "la Promenade des Anglais," the famous sea front. Here we will visit the old town and the flower market. After Nice, we drive on the middle corniche road (scenic drive) to Eze. Eze is a medieval village perched on a 2100 feet rock above the sea. It is absolutely breath taking! You may visit the perfume factory, Fragonard, to get a scent of the provencal flowers and learn how perfumes are done. Then we drive down to the Principality of Monaco. Here there will be time to enjoy the luxury of Monte-Carlo and the Grand Casino. We will drive one lap of the formula 1 circuit before being dropped off in Monte Carlo's golden square for some free time. Then we will take you back to the ship. The price for a 5 hours private tour for 8 persons is 306 €. This is ~39Euro each.
This fare includes gas, highway tolls, taxes, full insurance and free soft drinks.

Sharon First Van--TOUR FULL

Sharon, Frank, Jane, Gary, Tricee, Mikey, Ruth, Ingrid
Ingrid Second Van--ROOM FOR 2 MORE
Virginia, Herbert, Eugene, Verna, Donna & Greg

================================================== ======

Tour in Aix-en Provence
ROOM FOR 3 MORE
http://tastesofprovence.com/
Organizer bigjpop aka Jeremy
Tastes of Provence invites you on a feast for the senses in Aix en Provence. Join your English-speaking host, Jennifer Dugdale, as we discover the “cuisine du soleil” (the cuisine of the sun) while strolling the elegant streets of this jewel of a French town, often compared to Versailles for its beautiful architecture and fountains. Our gourmet walking tours will lead you past the historic golden stone buildings of Aix, dipping in and out of food shops, tasting local specialities and learning tidbits of history along the way. We will visit pastry and chocolate shops, a coffee roastery, a fine foods shop, a traditional cheese shop and a boutique wine specialist. On market days (which are not to be missed in Aix en Provence), we learn that fresh, seasonal ingredients are the key to excellent everyday French cooking. What influences the cook is what’s in the farmer’s market that day and not deciding on a dish in advance. We will discover seasonal produce and how best to use it at home to create your own “taste of Provence”.

In Summer, the markets are bursting with fat, bright red tomatoes, white peaches and soft berries for making jam. But Aix en Provence also offers delights throughout the year. In Spring, the highlights are spindly, wild asparagus and bursting strawberries; Autumn brings fresh figs and locally harvested forest mushrooms, and in Winter we have hearty root vegetables for gratins as well as a festive Christmas market. So come join us anytime of year and Tastes of Provence will spoil you for choice while you discover the special produce of our Mediterranean sun.

Whether you are a visitor, a new arrival, or a long time resident of the region; whether you are just learning to cook or just love to eat; even if you are already a connaisseur of French cuisine, let Tastes of Provence guide you on a culinary adventure of Aix en Provence.
Jennifer has agreed to set up a private tour if I can round up another six. Price would be 55 euro per person.
Transportation to Aix would be up to us, but from what I understand there is a comfortable bus that runs about every 10 minutes from Marseille to Aix and costs about 5 euro. We can always search for alternative transport options if we need to.
ROOM FOR 3 MORE
Jeremy & Denise, Billy & Pat, Ruth

==================================================

Marseille City Sightseeing

ROOM FOR 2 MORE
Organizer hoeljoje aka Howard

Enjoy personalized attention on a private tour of the best city sightseeing in Marseille.
A 4-hour tour to Notre Dame de la Garde, Cite Radieuse of Le Corbusier, Abbey of Saint Victor and more. Follow the famous avenue of La Canebiere to Longchamp Palace. You may request your departure time when booking. Enjoy a professional tour guide and an air-conditioned vehicle

..Continue on the tour passing by the Cite Radieuse of Le Corbusier (classified Historic Monument) to the villages of traditional fishermen of Callelongue and Goudes. You will return back via the Corniche stopping over in Vallon des Auffres, where typical little fish boats and cabins jostle.

Then, you will reach the Abbey of Saint Victor (11th Century) which is the entry of the Old Port. Before returning home follow the famous avenue of La Canebiere, to the freshness of the Longchamp Palace and its majestic fountain.

The cost per person, with six is $52.62.
ROOM FOR 2 MORE
Howard & Ellen S, Howard & Ellen B
[/quote]

Previous Cruises:
Carnival Sensation/Bahamas/December 2007, M/S Holiday/Cozumel/November 2008, Carnival Dream/Western Mediterranean/October 2009, Carnival Legend/Western Caribbean/December 2010, Carnival Fascination/Bahamas/October 2011, Carnival Breeze/Inaugural Mediterranean/June 2012, Carnival Paradise/Western Caribbean 1st B2B/December 2012, Carnival Paradise/Western Caribbean 2nd B2B/December 2012, Carnival Fascination/Bahamas/April 2013, Carnival Dream/Eastern Caribbean/August 2013, Carnival Elation/Mexico/November 2013, Carnival Sunshine/Eastern Caribbean/January 2014

Future Cruises:

Last edited by starr_sun; April 10th, 2012 at 09:25 AM.

Old April 10th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Looks like the CC administrators may have given up on us!

Part 1 of this thread was closed down at 6,918 posts, but they have allowed Part 2 to go beyond 7,500 posts and reaching 8,000!

I don't think any other roll calls on CC even remotely come close to ours!

Old April 10th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr_sun View Post
Just email the info through the website and I will get it posted. I try to remind people of the open tours each day. [/color][/size][/font][/b]
Thanks I'll get those to you as soon as I can.

Old April 10th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default More Open Tours

Thursday June 07, 2012 EPHESUS TOURS (P04) IZMIR - EPHESUS + TEMPLE Of ARTEMIS + SIRINCE VILLAGE + TERRACE HOUSES

ROOM FOR 6 MORE

Meeting time & Point = @07:30am @the arrival gate of Izmir Port
You will be met by your guide at the Port of Izmir where you will begin your Private Ephesus Tour. First we will visit the Temple of Artemis , one of the seven wonders of the ancient world where your guide will explain to you the significance of this important site. Following this we will make our way to Ephesus which was one of the most important cultural centers of the ancient word. We will visit the Ephesus ruins, Odeon, Celcus Library and the Theatre which is still in use today for concerts and has an amazing capacity of 25,000. As we walk through this ancient site you will notice the streets paved with marble which gives a hint to this city's great wealth many years ago. Ephesus Terrace Houses are located on the slopes of Bulbul Mountain , opposite the Hadrian Temple . Also called as "the houses of rich", these houses were for the important and wealthy people of Ephesus , as only rich people could afford such houses. Then we will drive to the scenic mountain side Village of Sirince and we will visit the Antique Church, Mosque and Typical Turkish Houses. Şirince is very popular for its style of building, streets and hand made fruit wines and is a nice relaxing way to finish your day. Once the tour has finished some free time for shopping facilities and you will be returned to the Port of Izmir . INCLUDED = Pick up & drop-off at Port of Izmir , A/C private transportation, Professional guide, Entrance fees. DURATION = approx 7-8 Hours 2 pax= USD-$ 155 = USD 310.00 4 pax= USD-$ 84 5 pax = USD-$ 74 6 pax = USD-$ 64 7-8 pax = USD-$ 59
Lunch Break Note = Our private tours do not include lunch but if you would like to and up to the availability of your time in Port and your chosen tour we are happy to stop for a lunch break. There are many options for lunch and you can discuss on the day with your guide as the type of food you would like to try and your budget and you can pay for lunch and drinks directly once you are there. You will need to add on at least 30 mins to the duration of our tours as indicated to include a lunch break. Samyeli Travel

ROOM FOR 6 MORE
Tomas & Gail

================================================
Discover unknown Etna towns and the amazing Taormina

ROOM FOR 6 MORE
June 9th 2012- Pick up from Messina Port at 07:00.
The Unknown Sicily around Etna is a different way to explore our mountain, through typical Sicilian villages on the slopes of Mt. Etna, while tasting several Sicilian products on the way. Our tour will start by picking you up from the port and drive through different local villages of the Alcantara Valley. Our first stop will be the Alcantara Gorges, Miles of years ago a lava eruption covered the bed of the river. The magma, cooling off, formed prism basaltic high walls and the erosion of the river transformed it in a canyon. Between the high and black lava walls, flow limpid small lakes, cascades and small beaches. We then continue the drive to Francavilla, and visit the most charming and unspoiled old Sicilian village of Castiglione di Sicilia and of course the several lemon, orange and olive groves as well as the Etna grapevines. We will have the chance to visit the famous old Greek fortress, situated on the highest part of Castiglione with a breathtaking view over the Alcantara valley. We will take the Red wine-route, literally traversing the lava of 1981, passing through the village of Linguaglossa, with its mass of Baroque churches and delicious Almond and nut pastries typical of the area. We will stop for a brunch in "Gambino" where you will enjoy a taste of the unique Etna wine, accompanied by a selection of local Sicilian products (optional). Driving down from Mount Etna through a wonderful scenery with photo stops at the most beautiful locations, we will visit together the Piazza Belvedere (Lookout square) where you will have a breathtaking view of Isolabella (Beautiful island) and the Messina coast line. We will then take you to the historical centre of Taormina. You will have free walking time in the town where you can admire the Greek Theatre from the 2nd century A.D. ? Palazzo Corvaja , the most beautiful medieval building in town ? Duomo di Taormina - the San NicolÚ Cathedral square and Corso Umberto where you can do excellent shopping. We will take you back to your port at your most convenient time.
The price of EURO 310,00 for up to 4 people, 380,00 for 5/6 people, 420,00 for 7/8 people, includes Vat, parking, pay toll, fuel, a private deluxe auto with English speaking driver/Guide.
ROOM FOR 6 MORE
Tomas & Gail

Previous Cruises:

Future Cruises:

Last edited by starr_sun; April 10th, 2012 at 10:10 AM.

Old April 10th, 2012, 10:17 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Looks like the CC administrators may have given up on us!

Part 1 of this thread was closed down at 6,918 posts, but they have allowed Part 2 to go beyond 7,500 posts and reaching 8,000!

I don't think any other roll calls on CC even remotely come close to ours!

Well, we ARE trendsetters, LOL.

125 days at sea so far:
Mexican Riviera, Carnival Jubilee, 1992

Southern Caribbean, Carnival Fascination, 1997

Mexican Riviera, Carnival Elation, 1999

Alaska & Denali, Dawn Princess, 2002

Ensenada & Catalina, Carnival Paradise, 2005

Western Caribbean, Carnival Conquest, 2007
Grand Mediterranean Inaugural, Carnival Dream, 2009
Grand Mediterranean 2nd sail, Carnival Magic, 2011
Hawaii, Sapphire Princess, 2012
Grand Mediterranean Inaugural , Carnival Breeze, 2012
Alaska, Diamond Princess, 2012
Transatlantic, Carnival Sunshine, 2013
Panama Canal, Carnival Legend, 2014

Old April 10th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by John&John View Post
I've heard back from John Heald and he will be hosting an Orientation Talk at 3 PM on June 3rd. Given that many of us are going to want to attend this talk we are changing the time of the cocktail reception to 1:30 PM for one hour pre-paid party only.

If you have any concerns, please let me know.

Thanks, John

Organizer=John

The Cocktail Party will be on June 3rd at 1:30 PM (place TBD) and will be 1 hour prepaid (basic)reception.

The adult price will be $11.65 per person and will include any drinks under $6.50 on the indoor drink menu:

The price for those under 21 only will be $5.75 and include sodas, juices, iced tea, fruit punch, virgin drinks, and gratuity.

Ange (agavin) - 6 adults
Barry & Jacqueline - 2
Bruce & Karen Glisson (2Buddyatlanta) 2
Cheri- Wigglebay- 4 (Mr & Mrs Carnival & 2 guest)
Colleen French, Salem_Snorkeler, 2 Adults
Dana and Jodi - Missmoxi + 1
Denise & Don - inettrvlr- party of 2
Diana Robinson & Jack Burke (Ingrid's family)
Donna & Greg (donnab) (Ingrid's cousin)
Frank and Connie Chaprnka(Sewful) 2
gwyn creek, enjoyinglife, 2 adults
Ingrid St. Amant (travln_isa) for 5
Jamie Diez, Jan Balko (CruisingGals)
Jamie& Mike Duran ( w8ng2sail) 2 people total.
jmgsearch, 2 (we're 32/33)
Joe, MaximusCruiser, 2pax
John Raabe (John&John) 4
Kathy & Joe Cavalier CavsAreCruising 2 adults
Kodi & David (scratchrat) 2 (MAYBE)
Lesa & Jeff Ordon, JRO43, 2 adults
Libby and Grant Richards (Libbyannr)= 2 adults
Lytton (NSSly), 2 adults, 3 kids
Marjam, Cashya, 2
Mary Etta & Susan (ntbb)
Mel, themnms, i would like to say 4 !!
Michelle aka Jrabbit128, 2ppl
Nancy Brown (njsbrown) 6 adults
Nancy Taylor-Davis (cruiser/teacher) 3 adult + 1 under 21
Patrice Dutcher (Gummimom) 2 adults
Rena Brubaker - (Tx Tri Girl) - 2 over 21
Robert & Regina Stevenson, UniqueNTexas,2
Rudy and Xochilt CC name Silntprtnr
Ruth Jeter, yank268 only me :-(
Sharon Frank Jane Gary (roxypi)
Sheri D'Silva -Destiny0401- 2 adults, 1 child
Stefanee berry (berries999) 3 including 13 year old son
Tom Purdue (cruisertommyboy) 2
Tomas & Gail (Uncle T) 2
traceyjayne 2 adults and Luke
Tricee & Mikey (starr_sun) 2 adults

Total 106

Checks must be received before May 15th. Please send them to
John Raabe
14159 Camden Dr
Orland Park, IL 60462

For those who do not have $US checking accounts or those who would rather pay via PayPal, please send the payment to johnbraabe@gmail.com (to reduce or eliminate fees make a personal payment as a gift.)

If your name is not on the list and you wish to participate, please let John know.

If your name is on the list and you don't wish to participate, please let John know.
John, please include Billy and Pat. Sorry to be so late. Check is in the mail. Thanks!

Last edited by texanapat; April 10th, 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Closed Thread