Summit Sailing February 28, 2005

suntan

I have just returned from our cruise aboard the Summit - sailing date: February 28, 2005. This is my second cruise aboard a Celebrity ship and must say that I prefer the smaller ships (e.g. Galaxy) as my experience aboard the smaller ship was more personal.

Regarding Cirque du Soleil: we filed three complaints with Guest Relations aboard the Summit regarding the noise we heard every night in our stateroom from the CDS music played in The Bar at the Edge of the Earth after midnight resulting is loss of sleep. Our stateroom was on Deck 9 Forward. The Bar at the Edge of the Earth is on Deck 11 Forward. We heard from passengers on Deck 8 that they too heard the noise in their stateroom. :mad:

I understand that the February 28th sailing of the Summit was the first time CDS performed on this ship. I truly hope that Celebrity Cruises Inc., after receiving our formal letter of complaint, resolves this matter once and for all so future Summit passengers are not disturbed.

In my opinion the "White Night Party" was not well planned out - not enough room for everyone to enjoy themselves. Also, the masks that they want you to purchase from the CDS shore on board are, in my opinon, too expensive ($20 - $64 U.S.) for what could be a one time use. Better to be prepared before you board the ship and make a mask yourself or buy one in your local stores.

Aside from the CDS problems, the cruise was excellent - service, food, activities. We had a great tour guide in Costa Rica - our shore excursion was cancelled due to lack of interest and our waiter, who happened to be from Costa Rica, recommended this gentleman whose name I cannot find at this time. This gentleman provided us with an excellent tour of the island and was proud to tell us about his island and its people. When I find his business card I will post his name and website for those interested.

Hi Duke052. The gentleman's name is: Danilo Hall, he is a driver and guide with Caribbean Adventure Tours. All the tour operators are located down the pier from where the ship docks. There are several trips that you can choose from and at reasonable prices. We did a tour of the Del Monte banana plantation and the canals. We also toured the island somewhat and Danilo was more than happy to tell us about the island and its culture. He even stopped at the side of the road so we could take pictures of the local scenary, flowers. He even stopped at someone's house who is raising a baby monkey (mother had died) and we were able to hold the monkey and feed it (we are all animal lovers). You can check out the website: www.geocities.com/adventure_caribbean/tours.html.

For further information you can also e-mail him at: adventure caribbean@yahoo.com.

I hope you have a great cruise on the Summit and are able to enjoy Costa Rica as much as we did.

Archived