Guarantee changes

abhb

have you looked to see if there are any cabins in that specific category that you would be (reasonably) pleased to have? If so, call and ask to switch to that cabin. So far, Royal has always allowed me to do so within the same category. If there are not any acceptable cabins (or for that matter any cabins) available in your category, I have watched and waited for a better one. I have not, as yet, asked to go back in the pool. maybe somebody else can help you there...

I just got my cabin assignment and it seems really far foward. How do I get back in the pool for a different room? Is there a limit to the number of times you can make a change?

If you used a TA they will have to contact RCI, if not you can call them..and I would continue until I was happy with the assigned cabin until they told me I couldn't call anymore :)

this is my 1st time doing a Guarantee, so i dont have a clue on how it works, but just wanted to say-- dang-- i am 15 days out and still dont have a room assignment, but i know i was told that since i booked a cat Q , so i understand i will be on deck 6 or above.

i will definately be following your thread- so i know what to do if i dont like my room.....

this is my 1st time doing a Guarantee, so i dont have a clue on how it works, but just wanted to say-- dang-- i am 15 days out and still dont have a room assignment, but i know i was told that since i booked a cat Q , so i understand i will be on deck 6 or above.

i will definately be following your thread- so i know what to do if i dont like my room.....

Isn't Q the lowest category of inside? If so, I do not think you can be sure of deck 6 or higher. you could be assigned a high cabin category on a lower deck (for example, you could get an Oceanview on deck 2- i'd consider that a nice upgrade, but it is on a low deck). I think you could end up anywhere on the ship, and you may not have an assignment until you arrive at the pier. good luck...

I just got my cabin assignment and it seems really far foward. How do I get back in the pool for a different room? Is there a limit to the number of times you can make a change?

Usually, you can change to another room within the same category or lower. If you want a room that's in a higher category, they will charge you the difference.

Check lower categories to see if there is a better room. Example: If you're on Deck 9 all the way forward, you may be able to go to a lower category and get a mid-ship cabin on say Deck 7. As long as the room is not in a higher category than what they assigned you, they won't charge you.

i was told by RCI when i called to book that they were sold out of "z" and that was the lowest inside and the Q catagory is deck 6 or above

are ther any actual "z" cabins or that strictly a guarantee category? there are actual Q cabins, and you may get one of those. Or, as a guarantee, you could any higher category anywhere on the ship. Most likely you will be assigned an inside cabin on deck 6 or higher (I don't think there are insides any lower than deck 6 on EOS). Or you might be assigned a cabin in a higher category (such as Oceanview I on deck 2) even if on a lower deck. hey, I'd be happy if that happened to me. when you book a gty, you cannot know which category or deck you might get, you just know it will be your minimal cabin assignment. I hope you get a cabin you like.

are ther any actual "z" cabins or that strictly a guarantee category? there are actual Q cabins, and you may get one of those. Or, as a guarantee, you could any higher category anywhere on the ship. Most likely you will be assigned an inside cabin on deck 6 or higher (I don't think there are insides any lower than deck 6 on EOS). Or you might be assigned a cabin in a higher category (such as Oceanview I on deck 2) even if on a lower deck. hey, I'd be happy if that happened to me. when you book a gty, you cannot know which category or deck you might get, you just know it will be your minimal cabin assignment. I hope you get a cabin you like.

i was told that a "z" was an inside guar, and a 'Q" is the same but deck six or higher---- i really dont care one way or another-- its a cruise and i am not a work--- i will even sleep on a deck lounger if i have to-- and shower in the gym--- lol i just want to be on the ship ps... i think i am addicted!

Sorry but I don't understand why anyone would book a guarantee and then say "it seems really far forward." After all others pay a premium to be able pick the mid-ship cabins so you thought you should get one for the lower guarantee cabin pricing because RCL is just out to make you a happy camper. I'm not trying to be rude but these threads pop up every once in while and should really be titled "how do I rip off my fellow cruisers by paying less for a great cabin by spinning the guarantee wheel so that they can all pay more for my savings I should never had had."

If you book a guarantee cabin take what they give you and don't come here to complain and ask what to do. It's not called a "Guarantee Unless You Don't Like We Give You."

Sorry but I don't understand why anyone would book a guarantee and then say "it seems really far forward." After all others pay a premium to be able pick the mid-ship cabins so you thought you should get one for the lower guarantee cabin pricing because RCL is just out to make you a happy camper. I'm not trying to be rude but these threads pop up every once in while and should really be titled "how do I rip off my fellow cruisers by paying less for a great cabin by spinning the guarantee wheel so that they can all pay more for my savings I should never had had."

If you book a guarantee cabin take what they give you and don't come here to complain and ask what to do. It's not called a "Guarantee Unless You Don't Like We Give You."

Honestly this is why I didn't join or ask questions on here, there is no need to be so rude. They have a right to ask just as RCCL has the right to decline. I do not know why an open forum would tolerate your attack on another cruiser just because they asked a simple question.

i was told that a "z" was an inside guar, and a 'Q" is the same but deck six or higher---- i really dont care one way or another-- its a cruise and i am not a work--- i will even sleep on a deck lounger if i have to-- and shower in the gym--- lol i just want to be on the ship ps... i think i am addicted!

Now, that's the spirit...With that attitude, a guarantee cabin will work out just fine. I am sure you won't have to sleep on a deck lounger.

Honestly this is why I didn't join or ask questions on here, there is no need to be so rude. They have a right to ask just as RCCL has the right to decline. I do not know why an open forum would tolerate your attack on another cruiser just because they asked a simple question.

And I don't have the right to point out that by gaming the system and trying to get that higher priced cabin by booking a low priced "Z" or "Q" and then trying to move to a M, N or even better that they are taking a cabin RCL could get more money for? (I thought it was an open forum.)

I didn't think I was so rude and I'm pretty tired of "they have a right to ask." Where does it say that in the fine print when you book a guarantee cabin? Can you please point that out to me... where it states "If for any reason you feel your cabin is too far forward, too far in the back, too...well just about too anything you can think of...then just give us a call and ask to be moved! We'll be glad to move you to one of the higher priced cabins you could have booked to start with and we'll just make all of those cabins higher from now on so that you can save on your cruise."

You might lovetocruise but so do the rest of us and if everyone on CC does things that increase prices and everyone on CC encourages them to do so then it increases what do you think happens to prices.

I'm sorry if I offended you or the OP. That was not my intention.

And I don't have the right to point out that by gaming the system and trying to get that higher priced cabin by booking a low priced "Z" or "Q" and then trying to move to a M, N or even better that they are taking a cabin RCL could get more money for? (I thought it was an open forum.)

I didn't think I was so rude and I'm pretty tired of "they have a right to ask." Where does it say that in the fine print when you book a guarantee cabin? Can you please point that out to me... where it states "If for any reason you feel your cabin is too far forward, too far in the back, too...well just about too anything you can think of...then just give us a call and ask to be moved! We'll be glad to move you to one of the higher priced cabins you could have booked to start with and we'll just make all of those cabins higher from now on so that you can save on your cruise."

You might lovetocruise but so do the rest of us and if everyone on CC does things that increase prices and everyone on CC encourages them to do so then it increases what do you think happens to prices.

P.S. Agamer brags about what they got, others ask!

I'm sorry if I offended you or the OP. That was not my intention.

The OP came here and asked they didnt ask RCCL, so at this point there is no cost increase to anyone, that said depending on there C&A level they could ask and be awarded an upgrade based on loyalty. Who knows I have seen a few sailings that only offered IS GTY. They apparenty did some homework before they booked that level. Its the cruise lines position to say no, not you nor I. The reason for my post is that many people will not ask anything or become members of this open forum if they are attacked. Everyone was a newby at one point, and for that matter everyone is human. No offese to me, but if I was the one asking I would have been.

Usually, you can change to another room within the same category or lower. If you want a room that's in a higher category, they will charge you the difference.

Check lower categories to see if there is a better room. Example: If you're on Deck 9 all the way forward, you may be able to go to a lower category and get a mid-ship cabin on say Deck 7. As long as the room is not in a higher category than what they assigned you, they won't charge you.

I have a guarantee and RC told me that I can NOT go down a category. I can only move within the category which they assigned.

Depending on your C&A level you can ask for an upgrade if there are ample rooms in the next catagory up if it is after final payment.Its worth a try..:)

The OP came here and asked they didnt ask RCCL, so at this point there is no cost increase to anyone, that said depending on there C&A level they could ask and be awarded an upgrade based on loyalty. Who knows I have seen a few sailings that only offered IS GTY. They apparenty did some homework before they booked that level. Its the cruise lines position to say no, not you nor I. The reason for my post is that many people will not ask anything or become members of this open forum if they are attacked. Everyone was a newby at one point, and for that matter everyone is human. No offese to me, but if I was the one asking I would have been.

It has NOTHING to do with C & A level.

Let me just say that I know personally (as a prior poster said) that if a guarantee cabin is assigning you a category "n" (for example) and if you

do not like the cabin location, you can call RCCL and ask to be given

a specific cabin in that "n" category. I do not think that the original poster was complaining but just making a statement. I booked my cruise quite a while ago. I booked an inside guarantee and I was none too thrilled with the location. I looked on the internet and saw a better location in the same category and called and requested it/ I got it and because I am an obsessive sale cruise sale finder - a few weeks later RCCL was offering outside cabins for $60 more than I paid so I went for it and then I got to pick my cabin.

So, if you book a guarantee and you really hate it, its not over. watch for sales. I then noticed a sale for my state and a senior discount (55 & over) so I wound up in a balcony (D2). With my cruise 10 days away I am still watching the sales.

I have a guarantee and RC told me that I can NOT go down a category. I can only move within the category which they assigned.

We've done it before. It was AFTER our room assignment was given. Our assigned category was M, but we preferred the cabin we found in the lower category N. Our

TA was able to get our room swapped for us easily.

Did they change their policy recently?

The main point is that if you want to go up a category, it will cost you any price difference at that time.

Archived