Adelaide – Port to Cleland Wildlife Park

The ship’s excursion is $129 per person.

Approximately, how much is a taxi from the Port to Cleland Wildlife Park?

Does it make sense to take the train from the Port to the CBD, then take a taxi from the CBD train station to the Park? If so, how far is the train station from the Terminal: Which stop would I exit?

Does it make sense to take the train from the Port to the CBD, then take a taxi from the CBD train station to the Park? If so, how far is the train station from the Terminal: Which stop would I exit?

Wish I could help you. We had friends that drove us there. Fantastic visit. Not overly touristy and lots of kangaroos. Thought I would at least let you know that it is worth going. I believe the entry price was less than $20.00Aus. Kind of remote though so not sure if you found a taxi there how you would get back.

Hi,

Born in Adelaide so may be able to assist. Firstly the idea of a taxi, to me, is out of the question. Cleland is kind of remote, and too far, hence the ride would cost you a motza.

There is an alternative. If, and I say 'if', you can get into the cbd by 9.30am there is a bus that goes from the city to Cleland Reserve. Catch the 9.30am bus from outside 62 Grenfell St (cbd)...bus no 864. This is the Mt Barker bus. Get off at stop 24A, Crafers Park n Ride stop, connect with bus no 823 which will take you to the door of Cleland Wildlife Reserve, arriving at 10.20am. Coming back, you only have one choice... catch the 823 bus again at 1.35pm from outside the Reserve, get off at Crafers Park n Ride stop, and connect with the bus returning to Adelaide cbd in Grenfell St. Cost is $2.90 each way for 1 adult. Do not miss this bus returning as next one leaves Cleland at 4.35pm. The 823 bus connecting you is a special bus catering for Cleland Wildlife Reserve patrons.

This is the only way to get to and from Cleland by public transport. A shame the buses are sparse getting to and fro. There are also quite a few tour operators that do tours to Cleland from the cbd.

Cleland is well worth seeing, natural and upclose. Easy to spend all day there.

Some info for you to think about anyway.

Jen

Hi Red Hat cruise cat,

I live in Adelaide and it would cost approx $40 - $50 Aussie dollars to get to Cleland Wildlife Park from the CDB. You can get the train from the Port to the CDB (the end of the line) and you can then walk around the corner from the train station and get a taxi. I think the train station is just across from the terminal so not far to walk.

Cleland park is very nice and you can cuddle a koala and get a photo taken. What time of the year are you coming to Adelaide?

Chez

• 2 weeks later...

Archived