Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
- Read thousands of Royal Caribbean Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
- Write a Royal Caribbean Cruise Review
- Find Your Royal Caribbean Roll Call
See posts about:
Adventure of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Quantum of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas

Allure of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas

Old December 11th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Can we bring bottled Water or Soda on Board

I see you can buy beverage packages but I was wondering if you can bring your own water & soda on board as we have never sailed on a Royal Caribbean Ship.
Thanks
Ruth

Old December 11th, 2011, 12:29 PM
10,000+ Club

I have always brought a 12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper onboard and never had a problem. Do not pack it in your luggage. Just leave it in the grocery bag in which you purchased your soda. Put it right on the xray conveyor belt and tote it to your cabin.

Old December 11th, 2011, 12:34 PM
50,000+ Club

The "official" rules say no...but they don't really seem to care as long as it's not alcohol!

Old December 11th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

can you put a 24pack or water and 12 cans of coke in a box and put your luggage tag on it? Will that work, or is carry on easier for the water and coke?

I don't want to carry too much durnig my carry on, so I'm wondering what is the best solution. Some people say they just slap their luggage tag on, but I don't know what they mean, if they mean on the 24pk alone without covering it, or puting it in a box or something.

Old December 11th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default THEY CARE NOW! No soda or water on Voyager!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
The "official" rules say no...but they don't really seem to care as long as it's not alcohol!
THEY CARE NOW! At least in NOLA on the Voyager. We had to go to the naughty room to pick up our luggage because we had a bottle of cough syrup in one of them. (Thank you smugglers for having used that for your booze, causing RCI to hold all bags with such bottle until they can check the contents!) But they also had several, large containers full of various soda products and water that had been removed from held luggage. Included in the wire containers were stacks of cases and 12 packs, etc. of soda and water with luggage tags. The lady next to us in line was saying "I always bring my own water onboard." The staff member responded... "...not any longer!"

Ad Sponsored By
Old December 11th, 2011, 01:45 PM
50,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefromfl View Post
can you put a 24pack or water and 12 cans of coke in a box and put your luggage tag on it? Will that work, or is carry on easier for the water and coke?
if you want it that bad, carry it on yourself? dont upset the porters with extra work.

Old December 11th, 2011, 02:03 PM
10,000+ Club

I've brought water on every cruise I've taken. It has been in luggage with clothes, carried on, or packed alone and checked in a duffle bag. The duffle bag went to the naughty room since they refuse to open it and check without the owner there. Once it was found to be water I got it back.

Sorry but they DO allow water since most ships have various shades of water coming from the tap in the room. The dining room water is the only water that goes through special filters for drinking.

I bring spring water since I don't drink chlorine at home either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruised on -
Royal Caribbean International: Navigator, Serenade, Majesty, Enchantment, Radiance, Monarch, Freedom, Mariner, Adventure, Jewel, Brilliance, Rhapsody, Oasis, Vision.
Carnival: Fascination, Fantasy, Spirit
Celebrity: Infinity

My Fantasy cruise photos

Old December 11th, 2011, 02:09 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdcruisers View Post
...(Thank you smugglers for having used that for your booze, causing RCI to hold all bags with such bottle until they can check the contents!)
Indeed, and sorry to hear this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly333 View Post
if you want it that bad, carry it on yourself? dont upset the porters with extra work.
Hmm... I both agree and disagree with this, if possible. "Upset the porters with extra work"? That's their job and they are compensated. *shrug*

However, RCI states no beverages of any kind are to be brought onboard, so not sure I would ever even entertain the thought of doing so, no matter whcih method I employed to take it onboard with me.

Up next:

RCI - Serenade of the Seas 2015 - a planned family vacation if son is not in medical school this year

Already Cruised - listed not to brag, but so you can ask me a question if you'd like:

RCI - Explorer of the Seas Nov 2014 Repo/S. Caribbean - 40 ft. rogue wave, lifeboat damage
Princess - Grand Princess May 2014 Pacific Coastal
RCI - Serenade of the Seas March 2014 - B2B W. Caribbean

RCI - Serenade of the Seas Feb 2014 - Bahamas - a celebration cruise indeed!
*RCI Scandinavia 2013 - 30th Anniversary cruise! - nope - cancelled due to my illness. ~ Maybe next year, God willing.
RCI - Jewel of the Seas Nov 2012 - B2B Mexico
RCI - Jewel of the Seas Repo cruise Oct/Nov 2012 Boston to Tampa - Hurricane Sandy
RCI - Brilliance of the Seas June/July 2011 Mediterranean
RCI - Mariner of the Seas Oct/Nov 2010 Mexico
RCI - Oasis of the Seas May 2010 E. Caribbean - 4 adults in one cabin; we did it!
Princess - Emerald Princess April 2009 E. Caribbean
RCI - Explorer of the Seas Sept/Oct 2008 - 25th anniversary! Canada - Hurricane Kyle
RCI - Liberty of the Seas August 2007 E.Caribbean - Hurricane Dean - 4 adults in one cabin; we did it!
RCI - Explorer of the Seas April 2006 E.Caribbean
RCI - Vision of the Seas Aug 2003 Alaska
HAL - Rotterdam - last leg of her final world cruise ever April 1995 Pacific Northwest
RCI - Viking Serenade Aug 1993 Mexico

Old December 11th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabean View Post
.Sorry but they DO allow water since most ships have various shades of water coming from the tap in the room. The dining room water is the only water that goes through special filters for drinking.
Don't try it on the Voyager! It was all being confiscated on the Dec 3rd sailing. I know that the rules previously were ignored but they were enforced to the "t" on the Voyager. Lots of surprised people in the naughty room!

ALL ships have various types of water for sale and that seems to be the new thinking!

Old December 11th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'll be on AOS in February, port of San Juan. So... I'm going to try for a case of water (just a 12 case, maybe) with a luggage tag.

If I try and they say no, what's the worst that can happen? They confiscate my $4 purchase and we have no cheap water on the cruise? I still would get to cruise right?

I'd gladly carry it on myself if they let me...

RCI Adventures of the Sea, February 2012
Carnival Ecstasy, June 2014

Old December 11th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question What the...

Quote:
I've brought water on every cruise I've taken. It has been in luggage with clothes, carried on, or packed alone and checked in a duffle bag. The duffle bag went to the naughty room since they refuse to open it and check without the owner there. Once it was found to be water I got it back.

Sorry but they DO allow water since most ships have various shades of water coming from the tap in the room. The dining room water is the only water that goes through special filters for drinking.

I bring spring water since I don't drink chlorine at home either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdcruisers View Post
THEY CARE NOW! At least in NOLA on the Voyager. We had to go to the naughty room to pick up our luggage because we had a bottle of cough syrup in one of them. (Thank you smugglers for having used that for your booze, causing RCI to hold all bags with such bottle until they can check the contents!) But they also had several, large containers full of various soda products and water that had been removed from held luggage. Included in the wire containers were stacks of cases and 12 packs, etc. of soda and water with luggage tags. The lady next to us in line was saying "I always bring my own water onboard." The staff member responded... "...not any longer!"
I wonder why are the cruise lines suddenly doing this. I was pulled over to the naughty table twice (two different cruises) for having water in my carry on. The sad part is they missed the bottle of wine. I guess the RR's should carry more water to distract them.

Is it like this at Cape Liberty?

Norwegian Sun 2014
Celebrity Equinox 2014
Carnival Liberty 2013
Carnival Breeze 2013
Vision of the Seas 2013
Caribbean Princess 2012
Norwegian Jewel - Alaska 2012
Carnival Liberty 2012
Explorer of the Seas 2012
Carnival Valor 2011
Carnival Freedom 2011
Norwegian Sun 2011
Norwegian Pearl 2010
Norwegian Sky 2010
Carnival Dream 2010
Carnival Paradise 2003

Packing Vide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdRl3dBGxRs
Caribbean Princess Southern Caribbean Review:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1750107
Carnival Freedom 8 Day Western Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1479781
Norwegian Pearl November 2010 Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...184&highlight=

Belize Barrier Reef Review:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...6#post28758656

Old December 11th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

It would be nice if the cruise ship carried different pop products other than Coke products, then I wouldn't have to bring pop on board and would be more willing to purchase the soda package.

Old December 11th, 2011, 09:58 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Cruise Dude View Post
Is this true?

So, I've been told by waiters. I haven't had yellow, orange or brown water yet in the dining room. But I've had it in my stateroom in varying degrees at one time or another during almost every cruise - including Navigator last week.

Last edited by mommabean; December 11th, 2011 at 09:58 PM.

Old December 11th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
So, I've been told by waiters. I haven't had yellow, orange or brown water yet in the dining room. But I've had it in my stateroom in varying degrees at one time or another during almost every cruise - including Navigator last week.
Of course the water to cabins is filtered. People brush their teeth etc with that water and they have to assume people drink it as well. To think otherwise is nonsense.

COMPLETED CRUISES

RCL Allure of the Seas - May 1 - 8, 2011
Carnival Glory - October 6 - 13, 2012
Celebrity Summit B2B - January 12 - 26, 2013
Norwegian Pearl - November 24 - December 1, 2013
Celebrity Reflection - January 18 - 25, 2014

Old December 11th, 2011, 10:37 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrcal View Post
Of course the water to cabins is filtered. People brush their teeth etc with that water and they have to assume people drink it as well. To think otherwise is nonsense.
I believe it's a different filtering system. Of course the room water is considered to be sanitary. But I've seen enough bad color to know a lot of sediment is in there. I brush... but I don't swallow.

This is what I found in my bathtub on board once. Do you mean to tell me you would drink the same water that comes out of the sink? Often the color appears clear as it comes out and goes right down the drain. But fill up something and you will see a tinge of color or sometimes more as I saw this time. I don't feel comfortable drinking this. Maybe you do.

Old December 11th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

That is absolutely disgusting.

Previous Cruises

Mar 2014 - 8 Night Bahamas Cruise (4th solo cruise - RCCL Explorer)
Sept 2013 - 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise (3rd solo cruise - RCCL Jewel)
April 2013 - 4 Night Bahamas Cruise (RCCL Enchantment)
Sept 2012 - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise (RCCL Allure)
Jan 2012 - 9 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (2nd solo cruise - RCCL Explorer)
May 2011 - 4 Night Bahamas Cruise (NCL Sky)
Sept 2010 - 4 Night Bahamas Cruise (1st solo cruise - RCCL Majesty)
Sept 2009 - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise (RCCL Liberty)

Old December 11th, 2011, 11:59 PM
5,000+ Club

rust in the lines somewhere looks like

Carnival Holiday - 6/08
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 5/10
Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas - 2/11
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas - 4/12

Old December 12th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default I'm no plumber, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
That looks like more than just rust in the lines.

Old December 12th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefromfl View Post

I don't want to carry too much durnig my carry on, so I'm wondering what is the best solution. Some people say they just slap their luggage tag on, but I don't know what they mean, if they mean on the 24pk alone without covering it, or puting it in a box or something.

we just got back off the Jewel and i seen two different people dragging a 24 pack of water on a luggage carrier the just had a luggage tag on the water and I took a 6 pack in my luggage with no problem

Old December 12th, 2011, 07:46 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryano View Post
I'm sure all ships have various points of rust or something before it makes it to the staterooms. They aren't going to run it through special drinking water filters directly before it comes out of the tap in each room.

Gina