Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!
Unreal evening ! At 4 this morning, the ship was way off course with spotlights on the water. Eventually we located an inflatable raft with two souls aboard. (screaming their heads off) We hung over the rail and watched the entire rescue. I can't imagine what their fate could have been !
At 9am the captain just updated the ship. Two men in a 23 ft sailboat on route from Tenerife to Barbados, capsized. The Serenity was informed at 10am last night....reached them just before 4am...had them on board by 4:30 !
The did a fantastic job in a very scary situation.
"....all work and no play is totally missing the point..."
Last Cruise Blog: spike-lynda7.blogspot.com
* 5202 - Symphony - 12 Days - Jan 2015
* 5201 - Symphony - 12 Days - Jan 2015
* 4330 - Serenity - 11 Days - Dec 2014
* 4329 - Serenity - 11 Days - Nov 2014
* 3205 - Symphony - 12 Days - Feb 2013
* 2203 - Symphony - 10 Days - Feb 2012
* 2202 - Symphony - 10 Days - Jan 2012
* 1326 - Serenity - 13 Days - Dec 2011
* 0330 - Serenity - 10 Days - Dec 2010
* 9328 - Serenity - 11 Days - Dec 2009
* 8330 - Serenity - 14 Days - Dec 2008/Jan 2009
* 8329 - Serenity - 11 Days - Dec 2008
* 8203 - Symphony - 11 Days - Feb 2008
* 8202 - Symphony - 11 Days - Jan 2008
* 7330 - Serenity - 10 Days - Dec 2007
* 6331 - Serenity - 7 Days - Dec 2006
* 6330 - Serenity - 10 Days - Dec 2006
* 5233 - Symphony - 8 Days - Dec 2005
* 3124 - Harmony - 11 Days - Oct 2003
We are on the Serenity mid Atlantic on our way to Miami.
last night ship received a distress call about a small sailIng vessel that had capsized.
We diverted and resumed three people who are now safe on board.
Gloria and Steve
Congratulations Captain Økland and all on a very successful team effort. Just curious, how will this impact the schedule of the cruise. It would be a shame to miss St. Maarten, but what a great reason.
I heard from Dick (almostretired) who is on board and he said that the seas were very rough last evening with high winds beginning around the time of the late seating. Along with the diversion and rescue it must have been rather exciting aboard.