Our Magic cruise, 12/4/11

Meyer2

This is about our experience on the Magic, 12/4/11 - 12/11/11. This was my 3rd cruise & my hubby's 2nd cruise. We booked this with the CC group as it worked perfect with our schedule & we would be celebrating our 15th Anniversary during the cruise. We also booked this cruise about 18mths out, before we had even taken our 1st cruise Oct. 2010. :o We learned very quickly that we were making some great, wonderful new friends. :) Another plus that we liked, was of course since the Magic came to Galveston for the home port, it was perfect since we live about an hour from Galveston.

I will be including pictures & yes, there will be some of the food & drinks. :D If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask & I'll try to answer. I did also keep all of my Fun Times.

Prior to the cruise, we decided to meet with some friends in Galveston for the day that the Conquest left to head over to New Orleans & stayed the night at my in-laws that night. The next morning, we got up early & meet with our friends again at the patio area (Some of the crazies were there too.) to watch the Magic come into Galveston for the very 1st time.

The Conquest & the Triumph:

DSC_0494.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

And the Magic coming in:

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

DSC_0563.jpg

So, thumbs up or down?? I keep hearing people putting down Magic and hope this isnt another negative review.

Did you love the ship? Iv seen it and personally thought she was gorgeous. Im beginning to feel in the minority.

Fire- Total thumbs up from us! We loved the ship & the cruise!!! We think She is beautiful too!!!

I'm looking forward to your review. ;) Thanks for taking the time to post!

"SKY"

Your welcome! And Thank-you!

We ended up having family come in the night before, so we met with him for breakfast Sunday morning. This gave us a little later start than we wanted, but no big deal. We met with my parents & they followed us down to my in-laws. We were then taken to the port & dropped off by my parents & our kids. After that, they took our van back to my in-laws so that when we came back, they could pick us up so we didn't have to park at the port.

Traffic getting into the terminal area was the most pain in the butt part. Dickens on the Strand was going on, so lots of streets closed, plus factor in 2 ships there (RCCL & Carnival's Magic) debarking passengers & then those coming in. We were in the traffic starting about 10:45 & made it to be dropped off at the terminal about 11:20. Quick hugs & kisses to the kids, then grabbed a porter for our bags & off to start the check in process.

We love the new check-in process! There was even a change since my September cruise & it makes it all go nice & smooth in my opinion. We 1st went through security/x-ray. They are stricter now than they were a year ago & even more than my September cruise. Wine was checked over at the table to make sure it hadn't been opened & alcohol put in there, as were our water bottles checked & our Diet Drinks (3). They shook them & all, of course, we were good too go, so we got the all clear. We did see some people next to us that had beer mixed in there 12 pk of can drinks & they were pulled of course.

Next step, up the escalators & in line for the sail & sign cards, which was not a long line. We got our cards & even able to put cash down for our S&S cards at that time. Next stop was for a digital photo to match with our S&S card. This was the new part from when I was there 3 months ago, & we think it's nice & much easier. They had about 6 people to handle this part, so it makes a big difference. Next, off for our embarkation photo & then on our way to the gangway. We were on the ship by 11:45!!!!! 25 min for check-in, that's great!! We were in awe as soon as we stepped aboard. :D

Our bags, ready to go. :)

DSC_0001.jpg

We ended up having family come in the night before, so we met with him for breakfast Sunday morning. This gave us a little later start than we wanted, but no big deal. We met with my parents & they followed us down to my in-laws. We were then taken to the port & dropped off by my parents & our kids. After that, they took our van back to my in-laws so that when we came back, they could pick us up so we didn't have to park at the port.

Traffic getting into the terminal area was the most pain in the butt part. Dickens on the Strand was going on, so lots of streets closed, plus factor in 2 ships there (RCCL & Carnival's Magic) debarking passengers & then those coming in. We were in the traffic starting about 10:45 & made it to be dropped off at the terminal about 11:20. Quick hugs & kisses to the kids, then grabbed a porter for our bags & off to start the check in process.

We love the new check-in process! There was even a change since my September cruise & it makes it all go nice & smooth in my opinion. We 1st went through security/x-ray. They are stricter now than they were a year ago & even more than my September cruise. Wine was checked over at the table to make sure it hadn't been opened & alcohol put in there, as were our water bottles checked & our Diet Drinks (3). They shook them & all, of course, we were good too go, so we got the all clear. We did see some people next to us that had beer mixed in there 12 pk of can drinks & they were pulled of course.

Next step, up the escalators & in line for the sail & sign cards, which was not a long line. We got our cards & even able to put cash down for our S&S cards at that time. Next stop was for a digital photo to match with our S&S card. This was the new part from when I was there 3 months ago, & we think it's nice & much easier. They had about 6 people to handle this part, so it makes a big difference. Next, off for our embarkation photo & then on our way to the gangway. We were on the ship by 11:45!!!!! 25 min for check-in, that's great!! We were in awe as soon as we stepped aboard. :D

Our bags, ready to go. :)

DSC_0001.jpg

....and it was raining! :(

Next stop, Camp Carnival. We will be back on the Magic in August, taking our kids with us for their 1st cruise. We promised the younger 2 that we would go by & take some pictures to show them.

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Another one of the ship.

DSC_0027.jpg

The Magic had docked on the port side, so here's from the aft, looking towards the Harbor House Hotel.

DSC_0030.jpg

We went to Deck 11, Aft, to Cucina del Capitano for lunch. I learned right before we left that Cucina would be open for lunch on embarkation day. We saw & met Meredith & her family, Bonnie & a few others from our CC group. You find a seat & fill out your choices. Food was good & yummy!!

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

I caught hubby off guard. LOL!

DSC_0034.jpg

I got off the magic on December 4th. I wonder if the dolphins that were there in the morning were still around on the Starboard side of the ship. We watched them forever in the early hours of the morning before leaving our cabin at 830am.......

I love the ship and the decor is quite nice and pleasing. I never saw a cleaner ship! Staff cleaning everywhere and the staff cleaning outdoor promenade seemed very happy *BG*.....

The port is chaos with people getting off and people coming in to check in..oh my....what chaos!!!!!!

I got off the magic on December 4th. I wonder if the dolphins that were there in the morning were still around on the Starboard side of the ship. We watched them forever in the early hours of the morning before leaving our cabin at 830am.......

I love the ship and the decor is quite nice and pleasing. I never saw a cleaner ship! Staff cleaning everywhere and the staff cleaning outdoor promenade seemed very happy *BG*.....

The port is chaos with people getting off and people coming in to check in..oh my....what chaos!!!!!!

AGREED - the Magic is beautiful!!! :D

We were on the same sailing with Meyer2 and absolutely loved the decor - and hope that the future ships will be similar!

Loving the pics... Can't wait to see and read more... Where was your cabin??

Thanks! Aft, starboard, 8469 & I have pics to show too! :)

Yes, there were still several dolphins. We enjoyed watching them too. There was one that liked swimming under water on his back. :)

Unusual that it was docked port side, usually other way around. I always book starboard so I can sit on the balcony and watch the people loading and boarding.

Yes, unusual. We book starboard side too for that reason & because family comes to watch us leave. It did work out okay though.

Enjoying your pics....hope you have more :)

Thanks!! And yes, plenty more. LOL :o

Thanks for the pictures, can't wait to see it with my own eyes in 9 days and a wake up...:cool:

Thanks!! I can't wait for you to! :)

Loving your review! Glad you had a great time! Thanks for sharing your pictures. We are in the process of saving to sail on her in 2013!

Thanks!!

After finishing lunch, it was only about 12:40, so we decided to explore until time for the cabins to be ready. Down to Deck 5, Promenade, was our 1st spot.

Red Frog Pub:

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

Promenade area outside of the Red Frog:

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

Archived