Any pics of Cove Balcony?

jacksmom09

This is going to be a stupid question but why does everyone seem to like the cove balconies? How do they differ from the regular ones?

They are on deck 2.. instead of deck 5 or 6 on other ships that have balconies.. closer to the water...

This is going to be a stupid question but why does everyone seem to like the cove balconies? How do they differ from the regular ones?

I can't speak from personal experience (yet :D ) but we booked one based on its location. It's very low and close to the water. It's also semi-enclosed so a little more private. Take a look at the pics and you'll see what I mean.

Had this cabin on the Magic. It is amazing, you couldn't get me into a suite over one of these cabins!

There's something about being that close to the water that is just so mesmerizing and calming at the same time. I think it really makes you feel like you're out on the open water vs. viewing the water from up high.

These cabins are for those who truly just love cruising. The feeling of being in the middle of nowhere. Being close enough to the water to feel the spray on your face (not in calm seas, of course). And just being able to enjoy the water.

How often and for how long on average would the doors be sealed?

And sorry I am not sure I understand the pictures:o Are the balcony dividers opened up and is the balcony door sealed?

Every other balcony divider can open to have a large connecting balcony. Those that aren't dividers are used to seal off the balcony doors.

So one side of a cove balcony has dividers - open these to the next balcony to make a large balcony.

P1000605.JPG

the other side has waterproof doors - if this side is opened, it seals off the balcony doors

P1000577.JPG

d these balconies get wet from Sea Spray?

There is potential depending on wave and wind directions. Ours have mostly not. The last one did get drips from (best guess) automatic window washers a deck of two up.

Anyway, the beach towels they leave in the room are great for covering a wet chair and sitting on the towel. And the cabin steward will replace the seat covers nightly. P.S. don't leave unattended towels on any balcony, but it is less risky on cove balconies.

We had the forward most cove balcony on Magic last week, the aft half tended to stay damp/wet with sea spray most days even though we had relatively calm seas all week. If the ship were facing to get sun on the balcony during the day it would mostly dry out, same for days in port. Usually this would just be a thin coat of moisture that could easily be wiped off with a hand towel. The only closure we had of our balcony was for about 3-4 hours starting around 10 am on our last sea day, while they were closed to be washed down, by this point they were needing it as fairly larger sea salt deposits were starting to form on the hand rail in places from the drying spray.

Loved our cove on the Dream. This Thanksgiving trip was rough and watching those waves break over the bow as she cut thru the water was so great. I did feel sea spray during the biggest waves if I was hanging over the railing trying to get a pix. I do not remember our balcony ever being wet. You can't beat the price!

Archived