Can you bring mixers onboard?

iwannacruz

If I order a bottle of tequila from the bon voyage department, will Carnival allow me to bring onboard at embarkation a bottle of liquid Margarita mix?

Each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

Edited by Cricket63

Yes, you can bring on non-alcoholic mixers. You can carry on or pack them.

As long as they are less than 20 oz, per the new rules. In your carry on only per the rules. otherwise you risk having the porter refuse them until you remove them from checked luggage as some others had to do.

I pack mine. I only carry water, soda and wine in my carry on, the rest go in my luggage. Never had a problem. They searched my luggage in November, but did not remove the mixers. I think I had three packed in that bag.

Have a great cruise.

To the OP: Keep in mind that if you try to skirt the rules and put them in your checked luggage you are relying on the luck of the draw as far as getting your mixers to your cabin. They may be held until the last night if the screeners find them and decide to remove them. In my opinion, you're better off just following the rules.

Most on here are just going to hit you over the head with the written rules from Carnival and not really answer your question.

But a friend of ours did bring a mixer for their Bon Voyage alcohol and had no problems. It was the larger size mixer bottle, not within the 20 oz. rule.

Just be prepared in case you get an overzealous security person who takes it.. but the mixers are not that expensive, so not much of a loss.

To the OP: Keep in mind that if you try to skirt the rules and put them in your checked luggage you are relying on the luck of the draw as far as getting your mixers to your cabin. They may be held until the last night if the screeners find them and decide to remove them. In my opinion, you're better off just following the rules.

Agree!!

Here is a picture from Zydecocruiser's Conquest Cruise a month ago ... Oh is that over 20oz bottles of mixers that were confiscated?

By George I do believe they are.

DSC_5090.JPG

As long as they are less than 20 oz, per the new rules. In your carry on only per the rules. otherwise you risk having the porter refuse them until you remove them from checked luggage as some others had to do.

Now I am confused what can go in a checked bag per the rules. I understand that soda, wine, and water need to be carried on and I understand that no alcohol other than the wine is allowed anywhere. But what about checking other liquids?

Can you have over 20 oz. liquids like shampoo and toiletries in your checked bag, as long they are not consumable (with the exception of liquid medications)?

Now I am confused what can go in a checked bag per the rules. I understand that soda, wine, and water need to be carried on and I understand that no alcohol other than the wine is allowed anywhere. But what about checking other liquids?

Can you have over 20 oz. liquids like shampoo and toiletries in your checked bag, as long they are not consumable (with the exception of liquid medications)?

They do not limit anything but drinks.. and usually they let those go as noted above. I think some people overdo it and the suitcase is so heavy its a dead give away to the porters. One big bottle in there, I doubt they will care.

You can bring on any size mouthwash, shampoo, liquids like that in your checked luggage. They are supposedly mostly looking for weapons (like my extension cord :mad: ) Seriously they told me people might hang themselves with them and took it.

On our last cruise, my sis-in-law and I took the following, all packed in 4 pieces of checked luggage: 1 46-oz bottle of orange juice, 1 64-oz of V8 juice, 1 46-oz of cranberry juice, a 12 pack of ginger ale, a 6 pack of 20 oz Cokes, 3 limes, 1 small bottle of Worcestershire sauce, 1 small bottle of Tabasco sauce, salt & pepper shakers. We also packed in Rum Runners - 1-32 oz Vodka, 1-16 oz Vodka, 2-16 oz Crown. We enjoyed Screwdrivers, Blood Mary's, Sea Breezes, Crown and Water, Crown and Ginger Ale, Crown and Coke.

We also carried on a bottle of wine each.

We just got back from a cruise out of the Port of Galveston, and they were not turning their heads on inspection of anything. They took the Mountain Dew out of our carry on and looked at each can (6 of them) and set them on a table, and inspected every one of our l6 oz. waters (6 of them) and shook each bottle.

On our last cruise, my sis-in-law and I took the following, all packed in 4 pieces of checked luggage: 1 46-oz bottle of orange juice, 1 64-oz of V8 juice, 1 46-oz of cranberry juice, a 12 pack of ginger ale, a 6 pack of 20 oz Cokes, 3 limes, 1 small bottle of Worcestershire sauce, 1 small bottle of Tabasco sauce, salt & pepper shakers. We also packed in Rum Runners - 1-32 oz Vodka, 1-16 oz Vodka, 2-16 oz Crown. We enjoyed Screwdrivers, Blood Mary's, Sea Breezes, Crown and Water, Crown and Ginger Ale, Crown and Coke.

This is what is called anecdotal evidence. The odds of getting all this on are pretty low.

Might be time to take inventory on drinking habits?

What does the PORTER have to do with it? I have heard people say that lately,

Do you have to have a Porter check what you are wanting to bring on the ship?

I don't think they should be looking in my luggage sense they don't work for Carnival.

Bringing on liquid soaps, shampoos..etc is allowed, but I was called to the "naughty room" once when I brought on regular-sized bottles of shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner. When I went down there, they asked me to open the suitcase so they could check to make sure they weren't forbidden alcohol bottles. Since I had not smuggled anything, it was actually kind of a fun experience. I think the guys were more embarrased than me when I pulled out things like underwear that were wrapped around the bottles. :o

• 2 years later...