ALWAYS THE ? CAN WE TAKE Liquor !!!

MOMMY "J"

I MYSELF WANTED TO KNOW IF WE COULD TAKE BEER OR LIQUOR...WE WERE ON THE CELEBRATION ON 3/12/05...WE TOOK ALOT OF BEER AND LIQUOR WITH NO PROBLEM...:confused:

1. PACK IT IN YOUR LUGGAGE IN PLASTIC BOTTLES SO IT WILL NOT GET BROKING- LIQUOR THAT IS
  2. ;) PACK YOUR BEER IN A SOFT COOLER WITH TOWEL AROUND THEM TO KEEP THEM FROM EXPLORING-THE CABIN GUY WILL KEEP ICE IN YOUR COOLER FOR YOU EACH NIGHT-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ASK, BUT GIVE HIM AN EXTRA TIP FOR THE TROUBLE-LEAVE THE COOLER IN THE SHOWER SO YOU DONT GET YOUR FLOOR WET
  3. BRING OJ AND PINEAPPLE JUICE FOR MIXERS
  4. USE THEIR CUPS TO CARRY DRINKS AROUND
  5. BRING HUGGIES FOR YOU BEER CANS-IT GETS HOT QUICK
  6. BRING BOTTLES OF WATER AND COKES IF YOU GET SICK OF DRINKING
  7. BUY LIQUOR IN THE PORT OR ON THE BOAT AND THEY WILL BRING IT TO YOU THE LAST DAY-YOU CAN DRINK IT THAT NIGHT
  8. MAKE SURE IF YOU BRING LIQUOR HOME PACK IT GOOD-I HAD 1 OUT OF 4 BOTTLES BREAK IN OUR LUGGAGE
  9. NO ONE CHECKED HOW MANY BOTTLES WE PURCHASE AND HAD GETTING OFF THE BOAT COMING HOME
  10. TRUST ME THE CREW COULD CARE NOTHING ABOUT WHAT LIQUOR OR BEER YOU HAVE WITH YOU
  11. :cool: JUST BE COOL WHEN YOU CHECK IN AT THE TERMIAL...
  12. LAST, DONT WORRY ABOUT CARNIVAL LOSING MONEY ON PEOPLE TAKING THEIR OWN BOOZE...YOU WILL STILL WANT TO PURCHASE ONE OF THEIR foo-foo DRINKS...THEY ARE DIFFERENT EVERYDAY AND TASTE GREAT...ASK FOR A KICKER UP ON THE LIQUOR...SOMETIMES THEY WILL DO IT FOR FREE IF YOU ARE NICE TO THE BAR GUYS !!!
  13. :) ENJOY YOUR CRUISE AND BE NICE TO THE CREW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIPS!!!!

I'm going on the Valor on Apr 3rd and plan on brining lots of drinks.

Can anybodytell me I'm bringing Red Bull with me. Should I keep them unoped in the can, or put them in Water bottle's?

Thanks again

Steve

Go to Wal Mart, buy some of the camping drink containers. They hold a fifth, and they leave no taste like listerine bottles do. They come in several colors. We usually take 3 or 4 of them in our bags. They never leak and work great in checked baggage. We put them in before we check baggage at airlines.

Thanks for the tips!! I want to put Vodka in my water bottle, but my husband does not want to get caught...I'm doing it anyway.

Ravegan

The worst that can happen is they take it and give it back to you at the end of the cruise!

The resealed water bottle idea works great for all clear liquids. The Listerine bottle ruined a good fifth of Scotch, much to my wife's amusement. This next cruise, I think I'm just going to wrap the bottle in socks. If they want to take it, they can have it.

What about wine?? there isn't a limit on how much wine you can bring on at embarktation but will they take it if there is too much?? do you think wine in a box has a better chance of slipping by/???

What about wine?? there isn't a limit on how much wine you can bring on at embarktation but will they take it if there is too much?? do you think wine in a box has a better chance of slipping by/???

We took two of the large bottles of wine in our carry-on. Some family members took wine in a box in their checked luggage. Neither of us had any problems at all.

Yeah but they stopped me last year I had five bottles in different bags.. security found one...opened my bag took out the bottle and said "looks like a good bottle" then put it back in ??? I was a little confused with that one???

Can anybodytell me I'm bringing Red Bull with me. Should I keep them unoped in the can, or put them in Water bottle's?

We just got off our cruise the other day, and we took 8 Red Bulls in our checked luggage. We also took two bottles of Vodka in our checked luggage. You can buy them in plastic bottles now. It worked out great. We didn't have to worry about it breaking. I wouldn't go to all the trouble of transferring alcohol to other containers. Just pack liquor or beer in your checked luggage and take your wine or champagne in your carry-on. You can also take soft drinks (or Red Bull) in your carry-on.

what is the best way to transport wine when you are flying? We also were thinking of taking some morgan (which they have plastice bottles) and some pop (we're from Michigan).

Wine that I know does not have plastic bottles. So, you think just packing the alcohol/pop/water in our check luggage we be ok and they won't say anything.

We are sailing on the sensation 4/4/05 out of NOL.

what is the best way to transport wine when you are flying? We also were thinking of taking some morgan (which they have plastice bottles) and some pop (we're from Michigan).

There's no real restriction on soda, and loosely enforced rules on wine.

Wine that I know does not have plastic bottles. So, you think just packing the alcohol/pop/water in our check luggage we be ok and they won't say anything.

We are sailing on the sensation 4/4/05 out of NOL.

For wine in glass bottles, you can carry it on the ship, but you will likely need to check it at the airport (different airlines have different rules). There will not be a problem with the pop or wine in the airplane's cargo hold.

Liquor stores and mail-order sites have two and four bottle cases which can be padded, used for shipping small quantities of wine. If they can handle what UPS does to packages, they can handle the baggage system at your local airport.

Hey Callie, we too are from Michigan and are taking our Captain Morgan's with us...my it sure looks similar to 2 liters of Vernors:D, we're also taking 2 liters of Sierra(Tanquray) Mist. I don't think the Valor will have either Sierra Mist or Vernors on it on April 3rd. We'll just put them in a couple of those plastic bags that you get from the vegetable section in the grocery store and twist tie the top. We'll also bring along some Diet Pepsi and tonic water.

CandB

• 2 months later...
I am also bringing a bottle of wine...they said you can I don't know about the limit on how much...

I believe it is 2 bottles PP.

I was able to pack 2 water bottles with vodka and put kahlua in a larger colered water bottle...packed in checked luggage in bubble wrap and 2 gallon ziplock. worked great and needless to say I would order extra MILK to enjoy my afternoon white russians on the balcony....add a little icecream...YUMMY!!! Liquor in plastic bottles travels well also.

We did the same as others have said.. Vodka in water bottle, crown in nestea bottle (1liter) and margarita already mixed in gatorade bottle and put it in our bookbags and carried it on. Also, I am a wino and drink any wine so i bought the wine in the box and packed that in a empty suitcase as checked luggage, wrapped it up in our excursion towels that i bring on board. I bought one glass of wine then kept that glass in my room and told the steward not to take it so i could fill it up often. The only thing is like other people have said when your liquor is on deck 3 and everything is going on on deck 7-10 its a hassle to walk down to fill up your wine glass... so i ended up taking 4 liters of the 5 liter box home!

Hi y'all, and welcome to the boards. Since most of you are fairly new here, I'll add my 2 cents:

Yes, Carnival allows a couple of bottles of wine per passenger to be brought on board. You can put them in your carry-on bags with no problem. Also soft drinks/water - a 'reasonable amount' is perfectly ok, and can also be brought in a carry-on bag. (Reasonable to me is a 6-pk. per person.)

Liquor - everybody has their own way of smuggling it onto the ship. My preferred beverage is wine, so I don't bring liquor. Seems most folks don't transfer to other type bottles, but leave in the original bottles, wrap well in bubblewrap, then into the largest size ziploc bags, and wrap clothing around them, then into your checked luggage. You'll hear of very few bottles being confiscated.

And - FYI - when typing in all caps, it's considered shouting, so please turn your caps lock off.:) Happy cruisin', all.

Archived