Inside room location?

psyfi

In anticipation of the 2013 schedule, I just wanted to check on cabin suggestion. We will definitely not be able to afford a balcony and I recall people saying deck 4 midship is a good location? We would like someplace quiet and all suggestions would be appreciated.

If you are not particular 3 or 4 are OK.

We have all but one time been on 4 but last year I had a chance to see 3. They are identical to 4 but have 2 portholes per room instead of a window. Both have similar ledges.

I like the 4th deck for the following reasons:

Its cheaper than the balconies

The window ledge

Its close to reception

Close to the travel concierge and close to the diving desk ( for those who dive).

I think the Marina also opens up on 4 though I havent walked that far except for the first time I was on the PG.

There are some sofas and a table near reception which I find very convenient when waiting for someone to get ready and also use it to get room service for early morning coffee.

Cabin 425/6 are to be avoided as water gushes nearby at all hours.

Honestly I have been on 5 cabins around deck four and havent had a problem with them.

We sailed on the PG for the first time this past August, and we were really torn whether to get a balcony or not. It came down to the 7 day vs the 10 day cruise. We definitely wanted the longer cruise so we took cabin 412 and never regretted the decision for a second. Very quiet and it felt very private, never heard much at all beyond the door. Being close to the reception desk is very handy too! We will definitely take another deck 4 cabin as we are already thinking about a 2013 sailing ! :)

Cforge

Given that I don't like spending the money on a balcony on this ship, I prefer deck 4, mid-ship. It's well-located and just as big as a balcony cabin.

We spend most of our time outdoors, and when on the ship, on the pool deck, if we can. So we haven't missed the balcony very much at all.

There are no "inside" rooms on this ship.

I followed "Emdee" on her recommendation on a cabin on deck four for my 2011 PG cruise. It was an excellent location (412). I liked that area and deck so much I booked the same for this years sailing. I am a balcony person, however for the money saved and the quick access to an open deck, I did not mind the picture window cabin on the cruise.

Chuck

We were in cabin 417 in Dec..thought it would be noisy next to reception but it was very quiet..no problems....also enjoyed the conveience of being near stairs/elevators mid ship. Unless you absolutely prefer a balcony I would suggest spending the extra $$ on something else.

Archived