A Disney Dream Tour

jenseib

Hi all! I thought I would write a mini Trip report here about my tour of the Disney Dream last August.

I sailed her last March and loved the ship, and had the opportunity to go on a Travel Agent education program through Disney this summer. One of the things on our itinerary was touring the Dream. She was just as beautiful this second time around, and I got to see many areas that I missed when I sailed on her.

I am writing a full blown TR on the Disboards, so I'll just start with the bus ride to the port on this one.

Thanks for joining!

Our day started off with a buffet breakfast at Cape May, located inside of the Beach Club.

It was great fun!

After we had stuffed ourselves silly and made a bathroom stop, it was time to head out to the bus. Our next stop was Port Canaveral! We were going to tour the Dream!

When we loaded, I sat with Mindy, one of my fellow travel agents from my agency.. I was a bit worried about the seating arrangement. She wanted to be in the aisle, but I was worried about getting motion sickness. Sometimes it’s best for me to sit in the middle on long rides, so I can see out the front window. So I opted for the aisle seat. I must say, by the end of the ride, I did feel a little queasy, and I don’t think it would’ve matter where I sat.

The bus ride is about an hour or so. While traveling, Rita (one of our guides) told us how things were going to work. We were going to be divided into 4 groups today and each one would tour the ship separately, but all would see pretty much the same things.

We were told how to get through security, and that we would have visitor tags. The ship had to be cleared before we could board. Half of the group was going to eat at Cabanas, and the other half at Enchanted Garden. This was exciting for me. I was hoping we would eat on the ship. We found out that we were the first tour group to be allowed to eat on the Dream. I forget all the details, but the new ships have to be cleared for this, and don’t allow it till certain things are met. Well they finally got the all clear, so our group was going to be the 1st!

Rita passed out envelopes with Disney dollars to each of us as well. When we signed up, it was listed that we would receive Disney Dollars to cover several of the meals we ate when not eating as a group.

currencywithcharacter.jpg

cokdisneydollars.jpg

We were shocked to open up the envelope to find $60 worth each! We would be eating good! Well all of us except Patty. She said screw the food, she was buying a Disney Dooney! LOL!

We were also given Fast passes for Animal Kingdom.

akfastpasses.jpg

After our tour of the Dream, we were going to be dropped off at AK. We had the rest of the day to ourselves, but it was listed as an AK experience for that day because it was the only day that we would be able to actually visit the park. We would be in class or touring resorts the rest of the week while AK was open, so this was our only chance to see it.

A few pictures of us on our way.

pattyandbrookonbus.jpg

brookandpattyonbus.jpg

I thought someone took a picture of Mindy and I, but if so, I have never seen it.

As we drove, Mindy and I talked…well Mindy did most of the talking…remember I mentioned she likes to talk…A LOT! She showed me a few pictures on her phone and we talked about her kids a bit. After awhile, I was starting to get a headache and feeling a little blah. (I usually drive or am in the front set when I go distances) I kind of zoned out a bit, and Mindy started talking to the people in the seats in front of us. I have to add that I keep getting headaches a lot, I still do. I live on ibuprofen anymore, and this trip seemed to start them coming daily for some reason. I usually get a few bad ones over the course of the month, but now I have them daily. (and yes, I know, I should probably get it checked out)

As we got closer, Rita got back on her mic and started talking again. She had asked who has sailed the Dream yet, and only one other lady besides myself has…ironically she was on the sailing right before mine too.

I knew that we were getting close and started “looking”. I don’t know if the others knew this or not, but as you approached the port, you can see the ship in the distance, so I was on the look out.

And sure enough, I spotted her!

glimpseofdream1.jpg

I think I was one of the first to see her, and I quickly started saying, “there she is”, and pointing out the window. Of course everyone got excited and talking and that kind of ended Rita’s talk on the mic, as no one was paying attention much anymore. LOL.

For good measure, I took about 20 pictures of her as we approached the port!

arrivingatportc.jpg

dreamatportc1.jpg

dreamatportc2.jpg

dreamatportc3.jpg

dreamatportc4.jpg

dreamatportc5.jpg

Now you would take that many too if you could, so don’t laugh!

I took several pictures of the port as we drove in too. I had been the one driving when we had sailed on her last march, so I couldn’t take pictures, and once we got out of our van, I practically made a mad dash inside, forgetting to take pictures of the outside. LOL!

dreamatportc6.jpg

portc1.jpg

I believe these people had just gotten off the ship. They must be feeling pretty sad right about now.

busstopport2.jpg

I thought this was a cute semi off in the distance.

portsemi.jpg

And some artsy shots of the sign on the terminal.

line.jpg

line2.jpg

We all unloaded and went through security. No photos allowed there.

AND this is what we walked up to!

emptyterminal.jpg

The terminal was almost completely empty!

terminal1.jpg

terminal2.jpg

We buzzed around looking and taking pictures.

terminal3.jpg

terminal4.jpg

Brook, another agent from my agency, and I had been plotting on how we would become stoll-aways on the Dream…and I think after she saw the terminal, she was even more convinced that this is what we should do! LOL

terminal5.jpg

micekyarches.jpg

We still had free time to roam around the terminal until we were given the all clear. I took LOTS of pictures. I loved how empty it was.

I took several of the model ship of the Magic this time around too. Last Spring, it was next to impossible to get up close AND get a clear shot.

backsideofmodelmagic.jpg

closeupmodelmagic.jpg

magicmodelinside.jpg

I love this shot.

goofyonmodel.jpg

topviewofmodel.jpg

The TV’s were already running Disney shows.

porttv.jpg

Time for a bathroom break.

portrestrooms.jpg

If you had read my Dream Trip report, you will remember that I had said the bathroom was less than Magical…..And it still is.

portpotty.jpg

Brook and I posed with our buddies in front of the Arch.

pandfatdressears.jpg

pfandbrook.jpg

I did walk out on the observation deck, but I guess I didn’t take many photos. One of the other TA’s had mentioned we weren’t allowed to take pictures of the ship at dock or gangway. I have no clue why she thought this, and there were no signs. I did take them last cruise and several were taking them now as well…..I just thought that was kind of strange….I’m not sure who told her that.

While I was out on the observation deck I started to talk to some teenage girls. They were doing a back to back with their families. They were really nice. They did say they preferred the teen clubs on the Wonder and Magic over the one on the Dream.

I think because I had been talking to them, I just didn’t take pictures….except this. They were nice enough to hold up Phineas and Ferb for a shot. They really loved this idea and wished someone would do that for them.

poseinfrontofdream.jpg

Back in I went, and took a picture of the back of this chair. I wish I had a set of chairs like this.

disnyelogoonchair.jpg

It was time to gather round. We had been cleared. We were going to divide into 4 groups today. We had two extra leaders helping out today to make our groups smaller and easier to manage on the ship. 2 of the groups would be eating at the Enchanted Garden and 2 would be eating at Cabanas.

They basically said, pick a leader. We were all standing in front of Tommy and each of us took a step forward. It was kind of funny. We hadn’t discussed it, but we just loved him.

tommytlkingatport.jpg

It was time to board!

walkingthroughportal.jpg

cruisemickeyflag.jpg

checkingindcl.jpg

chckingindcl2.jpg

On the walk, Brook and I plotted exactly how we would stay on the ship. We even let some others know that it would be the last time they saw us. LOL! If only that could really happen.

I did take pictures on the gangway though.

gangwaydcl.jpg

Taking a peek out the window.

lifeboat9.jpg

Who needs windows when you have this.

portmonitor.jpg

Where’s my luggage?

luggagecarts.jpg

As we boarded the ship, we did not get the announcement of families like they do for passengers. BUT I did hear something…..Choirs of Angels singing….and you know what song they sang? “Welcome back Jennifer, we have missed you so much, you must sail this ship more often”. And of course it was to a very magical tune. LOL!

The ship was just as breathtaking boarding her for the 2nd time. I did take a few quick pictures while we got instructions of where each group would go.

guestservices.jpg

dreamchandilier.jpg

Tommy said we were moving on, as we had a lot to do before the ship got too full. We would come back to the Atrium later and we could take more pictures then. But I don’t think we ever came back till it was time to leave.

Our group headed down to Enchanted Garden before they opened for lunch.

I am having another brain freeze, but I “think” this sitting area is located right outside the Enchanted Garden.

seatingaresonatriumdeck.jpg

artondream.jpg

The doors were shut, which was kind of neat to see. I’m sure they had been shut a few times while I cruised the ship, but I just never came down to actually look.

doortoenchantedgarden.jpg

enchantedgardenmenusign.jpg

We went in and of course one of the first things I see is “MY” table. Table number 74.

mytable.jpg

And you can tell it’s mine because it has a “D” on it and my last name starts with a D…..it’s reserved only for my family….right?

egdiningroom.jpg

We talked about the restaurant a bit and took pictures as well. This place is on the rotational dining and is also open for lunch buffets.

egdiningroom1.jpg

A glance back at my table.

mytableagain.jpg

egwineglasdisplay.jpg

I don’t think I had even noticed these wine glasses and bottles on display when I ate there in the Spring.

egwinedisplay.jpg

Look at that gorgeous ceiling.

egceiling.jpg

Love your pictures. We sail on 1/26 our first Disney cruise. We were invited to join our DS, his wife and our 4yo grandson. Can't wait.:D

You will have a wonderful time. Are you sailing the Dream? I am so excited to say that I will be sailing her again on Nov.4. A long story made short, but my husband had to cancel on our cruise last year, so my Mom took his place. She loved it so much that she decided to take some inheritance money and take the family. My Aunt (who also inherited) and Uncle, are coming as well as 1 of my sisters and family. We also have some cousins going as well. My Mom and Aunt are paying for all the kids. Once again, my DH has decided not to come as it is busy season, so hopefully we can do something this spring with him...Claire (my 7 year old) and I are pushing for a cruise then too.

Loving the pictures! We sail on the Dream in just a couple of days - also our second time on the Dream!

Looking forward to reading your review. What's your board name on the DIS? I'm OKW Lover there.

Loving the pictures! We sail on the Dream in just a couple of days - also our second time on the Dream!

Looking forward to reading your review. What's your board name on the DIS? I'm OKW Lover there.

I know that name..... I am jenseib there too.

I should be able to post more pictures tomorrow. I just got finished editing about 20 - 30 more pictures or so.

We stopped and took a look at the enchanted art. It is so cute. I think Mindy actually took a video of it.

enchantedartbambie.jpg

One of the beautiful light fixtures on the ship.

dreamlight.jpg

And there is Mickey hidden….or not so hidden.

hiddenmickey.jpg

The elevator on Deck 2.

elevatordeck2.jpg

We then made our way to an inside stateroom for a quick look. We had been told prior to boarding and then reminded throughout the tour that we weren’t allowed to take pictures in the staterooms unless otherwise told. The rooms were not “show ready” yet. Though many we toured looked pretty darn good to me.

I did take a quick shot of the bathroom as we walked out though. I was determined to get a shot of the bathroom with a toilet, since I hadn’t done so when I had cruised before. LOL

dreambathroom1.jpg

We headed towards the Royal Palace next. Passing Admiral Donald on the way.

admiraldonaldbw.jpg

This is the floor just outside the restaurant. It’s very pretty.

floorinfrontofroyalpalace.jpg

As we entered…there was my table once again.

royalpalcetable.jpg

Look how cute the back of the chairs are. They had several different designs.

rosechair.jpg

rpdiningtables.jpg

My table!

rptable.jpg

Archived