Meeting At Sea

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Crystal Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:36 PM.
84,371 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
We were notified this evening that the Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony are expected to meet at sea tomorrow morning at approximately 8:00 AM EST

We are supposed to be able to view the Symphony from the port side of the ship.

Keith
Calabasas
3,013 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Will be watching;aak I just saw that it will be 5 am here on the Pacific coast. Will you be 2-3 hours ahead of us? If so it will be daylight and visible on camera, if not, out of luck here
84,371 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
The expected time is 8:00am est so for California that is 5:00 am.

It was in 2008 when we had a rendezvous with the former harmony at Milford sound. Given location this may be different but we are very excited about this.

I hope to take video as well bun not sure if I will be able to post that until we are home. Of course I will post photos.

Keith
84,371 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Anne Marie just called me to say she could see a very small white dot from the front of the ship on the promenade deck which is the Crystal Symphony.

Keith
Central Maryland
15,188 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
I think I see Symphony on the Serenity bridge cam. It looks like looking from Symphony Serenity is obscured by the sun's reflections.

Roy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Index to active Crystal Roll Calls
Limited View Cabins
Currently enjoying:MS Konigsdam Southern Caribbean Seafarer
Future cruises:

3/3/17 Crystal Serenity Buenos Aires-Rio >>>MS Zaandam BA to San Diego>>Carnival Inspiration Catalina/Ensenada>>>Crystal Symphony LAX-NYC
8/19/17 Blount Grande Caribe New England Islands
10/1/17 Amsterdam Grand Asia SD to Hong Kong>>>11/2 Prinsendam Rome-FTL
1/23/18 Crystal Serenity/Symphony World Cruise
8/10/18 Crystal Symphony Panama Canal
84,371 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
We are with the Symphony.

A minute ago Cruise Director Gary Hunter came on the speaker and I asked us all to say Hi Symphony and then we played We Are The Champions For Them.

Keith
Houston, Texas
1,973 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Each ship is now clearly visible on the other's webcam. I just saw a shot from the Symphony of Lido guy Clary's head from behind, looking at people on the deck of the Serenity with binoculars. Very cool!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Danny

211 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Ahoy Serenity!, Prepare to be boarded!! What a great sight to see such a beautiful ship and you guys have a great sound system!

Safe travels and big hugs!

G
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
We may never pass this way again...
Memphis, Tennessee
534 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Both ships were docked in the Turks a few years ago (right after the refurb of the Symphony). It was so much fun to watch the staff yelling across to each other. Some couldn't get off duty and had relatives on the other ship.

There was also a battle of the bands on land. Can't remember who won. Guests of each ship could tour the other ship. The captain said it was the first time the Serenity and Symphony had docked together. I think it had happened with the Harmony. And it might have happened since then. But a fun surprise.
84,371 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by gmarsh
Ahoy Serenity!, Prepare to be boarded!! What a great sight to see such a beautiful ship and you guys have a great sound system!

Safe travels and big hugs!

G
Safe travels.

We could hear you all loud and clear including Cruise Director Paul McFarland.

Enjoy!

Keith
4,096 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Such a cool experience!! Thanks for the heads up, Keith!

I could see the back of Clarry's head, too, on Symphony!

What a great way to start the day!!

Ricki
611 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by Keith1010
Safe travels.

We could hear you all loud and clear including Cruise Director Paul McFarland.

Enjoy!

Keith
Awesome Keith!!! Love the photo and can't wait to be onboard in 6 days. Look forward to meeting Paul.
that must have been so exciting!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kate - Windsurf, Carnival Victory, Carnival Pride, Ocean Princess (Alaska) (no more),Norwegian Sun, Sun Princess, Golden Princess (So. Caribbean 6/04), Costa Atlantica, Golden Princess (Europe 6/05) NCL Jewel Holiday 2005, SeaDream I (Caribbean 4/06) Freedom of the Seas (1 night inaugural) Seabourn Spirit (Med 7/06), RCL Explorer of the Seas (Seminar at Sea 10/07) Seabourn Pride (Carib 11/07), Celebrity Solstice 2 day Inaugural 11/08, Celebrity Century 4/09, Regent Voyager 9/09, Crystal Serenity 11/09, RCL Freedom (seminar at sea 5/10), Crystal Serenity 10/10, Celebrity Eclipse 11/10, Crystal Serenity 9/11, Crystal Symphony 1/12, RCL Oasis of Seas 5/12, Azamara Journey 6/12, NCL Breakaway 5/13, Regent Navigator 6/13, NCL Getaway 2/14, Azamara Journey 5/14, NCL Getaway 12/14, RCL Allure 3/15, RCL Quantum 4/15, Crystal Serenity 06/15, RCL Anthem 11/15, NCL Escape 2/16,Azamara Quest 12/16, RCL Harmony of the Seas 2/17, Celebrity Eclipse 5/17, MSC Seaside 2/18, NCL Bliss 10/18
fort lauderdale, fl, usa
1,088 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Originally posted by cpinstein
Both ships were docked in the Turks a few years ago (right after the refurb of the Symphony). It was so much fun to watch the staff yelling across to each other. Some couldn't get off duty and had relatives on the other ship.

There was also a battle of the bands on land. Can't remember who won. Guests of each ship could tour the other ship. The captain said it was the first time the Serenity and Symphony had docked together. I think it had happened with the Harmony. And it might have happened since then. But a fun surprise.
It happened in Barcelona a year or so ago. We were on the Serenity, and the Symphony was nose to nose with us (they were kissing). Guests were able to visit either ship, and it was great fun.