Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old January 20th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Default Member Reviews of the Week by movinout, sfcsu, Treeza, WWLL & binimon!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: a Special Edition Limited Cruise Critic 15th Anniversary T Shirt! -- we hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Epic Epic...Nice cruise or... by movinout
My spouse and I just returned from 7 days on the NCL Epic. We traveled with my sister and her husband (who used a scooter due to some mobility issues. I will give some input of that aspect too.) We wanted to try one of the new Mega ships to just see what the experience was like. Embarkation was speedy and even though there were a LOT of people arriving the lines moved quickly and we were on our way. Upon entering, we checked out the venues on decks 6 and 7 and then headed up to the Garden Cafe for some buffet lunch. The buffet was very busy but that is to be expected on the boarding day. Continue reading Epic...Nice cruise or...

Zuiderdam Zuiderdam for New Years Eve by sfcsu
This was our first HAL cruise. Previously we have cruised on 4 times on Celebrity and once on NCL. We chose it for the itinerary -- Panama Canal -- and we wanted to be away for New Years. We had also heard good things about HAL from others who had cruised on the line. We flew in the day before and stayed at the Marriot Courtyard in Dania Beach since they had an airport shuttle and a cruise shuttle the next day included in their room rates. The hotel was fine, and there was a seafood restaurant in easy walking distance for dinner. Continue reading Zuiderdam for New Years Eve

Carnival Destiny Will not cruise with Carnival again! by Treeza
My husband and I was on this cruise for business and leisure. I am a health care provider that to re-certify I need to gain certain amounts of education in my chosen field. We receive educational credits by attending professional organizations meetings. These meetings are usually held in a hotel in a major city for several days. One of the organizations I belong to decided to have a "Learning at Sea" cruise. I thought this sounded fun, and a great way for my husband to accompany me and not be bored while I was attending the meeting. There were approximately 250 people in our group. Continue reading Will not cruise with Carnival again!

Star Princess A Truly Wonderful Voyage by WWLL
The pictures are at http://www.pbase.com/wwll/4con It was the worst prelude to a trip I've ever had - 30 hours without electricity! I even had to go to the gym at 2 am to shower in hot water before I left. Venice Venice was bright and sunny when I arrived. I booked a boat directly from the airport to San Marco but it was a long walk to the wharf. After I got off the boat I had to cross two short bridges which now thankfully have ramps for rolling suitcases. The Hotel Campiello is a real gem. There is a chandelier in the room. The shower has multiple heads and sprays all over. But the room was tiny so I had to unpack everything and stow the suitcase. I was three alleys east of the Palace of the Doges and 50 meters from the Grand Canal and vaporetto stations. At the big vaporetto stations there are multiple piers. There is an electronic board that tells you which pier to go to for the next ride. Very civilized. Continue reading A Truly Wonderful Voyage

Disney Dream Great cruise........but still needs work? by binimon
We sailed the Disney Dream on January 9th on a 4 day Bahamas cruise. We had a group of 9 people including our 5 year old daughter, and two sets of grand-parents. Most were experienced cruisers and most had also sailed on the Disney Wonder 2 years ago. We had a great time on the Wonder, so we had very high expectations for our trip on the Dream. In most cases, the Dream exceeded our expectations. Continue reading Great cruise........but still needs work.

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; January 20th, 2012 at 12:35 PM.