Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Conversations > Cruise Casinos
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Cruise Casinos For those crazed about casinos on board!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 14th, 2012, 01:51 PM
marpratt marpratt is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 79
Default NCL Casinos at Sea card?

We booked our NCL Epic cruise using Casinos at Sea. When do we get our gambling cards? Thank you.`
__________________
Marsha
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old January 14th, 2012, 04:01 PM
VideoTech's Avatar
VideoTech VideoTech is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpratt View Post
We booked our NCL Epic cruise using Casinos at Sea. When do we get our gambling cards? Thank you.`
Generally, you will find your cards in your cabin when you board, along with a welcoming letter from the casino.

If they're not there for some reason, just go to the casino desk when it opens and they'll make you another one.
__________________
NCL Pride of America, 3/15/14 Hawaii (POA review here)
NCL Jewel, 12/29/13 Western Caribbean
NCL Pearl, 8/5/12 Alaska & Glacier Bay
NCL Dawn, 12/4/11 Southern Caribbean
NCL Spirit, 7/17/11 Western Caribbean
NCL Sun, 1/1/11 Eastern Caribbean
NCL Epic, 8/28/10 Western Caribbean
NCL Pearl, 7/25/10 Alaska & Glacier Bay
RCCL Freedom, 3/15/2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Glory, 11/8/2008 Eastern diverted to Western Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy, 1/13/07 Western Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old January 14th, 2012, 08:42 PM
marpratt marpratt is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 79
Default Separate line for Casinos at Sea

We were able to get in a separate (quicker line) to board the Spirit. Do you know if this is common for NCL.
__________________
Marsha
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old January 15th, 2012, 06:38 PM
LaCal LaCal is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpratt View Post
We were able to get in a separate (quicker line) to board the Spirit. Do you know if this is common for NCL.
Yes youll be able to go into the CAS or VIP Line....We did and were onboard in No Time....

Also the Casino at Seas and Free Drink Card will be waiting in your room for you....
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old January 28th, 2012, 06:27 PM
jcbarne1 jcbarne1 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: hernando, ms
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpratt View Post
We were able to get in a separate (quicker line) to board the Spirit. Do you know if this is common for NCL.
My husband got the offer from CAS for our cruise. Will we both have players cards and drink cards waiting in our cabin or just him? Also, did booking through casinos at sea afford you other vip benefits like lunch at cagneys or captains vip cocktail party?
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old January 29th, 2012, 12:26 AM
VideoTech's Avatar
VideoTech VideoTech is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbarne1 View Post
My husband got the offer from CAS for our cruise. Will we both have players cards and drink cards waiting in our cabin or just him? Also, did booking through casinos at sea afford you other vip benefits like lunch at cagneys or captains vip cocktail party?
Yes, you should both have players cards and drink cards waiting for you.

Unless you're booked in a penthouse suite or higher, you will not get the suite perks such as breakfast and lunch in Cagneys.

Your main benefit, at first, will be the drink card. You'll probably also get some little treats (chocolates, little snacks) in your cabin in the evening from the CAS people. If you play enough, they'll probably offer you a comp'd dinner in one of the restaurants, or a comp'd spa treatment, or send a bottle of wine up to your room.

Don't forget to "cash in" your CAS points on the last night of the cruise. Listen for the announcements in the casino about this; if you have enough points you go to the casino services desk on the last night and they will look at your play and offer you some credit against your final on-board bill.
__________________
NCL Pride of America, 3/15/14 Hawaii (POA review here)
NCL Jewel, 12/29/13 Western Caribbean
NCL Pearl, 8/5/12 Alaska & Glacier Bay
NCL Dawn, 12/4/11 Southern Caribbean
NCL Spirit, 7/17/11 Western Caribbean
NCL Sun, 1/1/11 Eastern Caribbean
NCL Epic, 8/28/10 Western Caribbean
NCL Pearl, 7/25/10 Alaska & Glacier Bay
RCCL Freedom, 3/15/2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Glory, 11/8/2008 Eastern diverted to Western Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy, 1/13/07 Western Caribbean

Last edited by VideoTech; January 29th, 2012 at 12:29 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old January 31st, 2012, 03:11 PM
cruzingthebriny cruzingthebriny is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Long Beach, CALIF USA
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoTech View Post
Yes, you should both have players cards and drink cards waiting for you.

Unless you're booked in a penthouse suite or higher, you will not get the suite perks such as breakfast and lunch in Cagneys.

Your main benefit, at first, will be the drink card. You'll probably also get some little treats (chocolates, little snacks) in your cabin in the evening from the CAS people. If you play enough, they'll probably offer you a comp'd dinner in one of the restaurants, or a comp'd spa treatment, or send a bottle of wine up to your room.

Don't forget to "cash in" your CAS points on the last night of the cruise. Listen for the announcements in the casino about this; if you have enough points you go to the casino services desk on the last night and they will look at your play and offer you some credit against your final on-board bill.
Hello Video Tech
I have a question for you. We got an offer from Harrah's for a free cruise from Casino at Sea. The cruise certificate was from Casino at Sea. We had to book through Casino at Sea, but when we made the phone call (from the number they gave us) it was actually NCL reservation. On our Welcome aboard packet, it states our Travel Professional is Casino Caesars Entertainment. So my question is, do we also get the "free drink card"?and priority embarking? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old January 31st, 2012, 03:20 PM
LaCal LaCal is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzingthebriny View Post
Hello Video Tech
I have a question for you. We got an offer from Harrah's for a free cruise from Casino at Sea. The cruise certificate was from Casino at Sea. We had to book through Casino at Sea, but when we made the phone call (from the number they gave us) it was actually NCL reservation. On our Welcome aboard packet, it states our Travel Professional is Casino Caesars Entertainment. So my question is, do we also get the "free drink card"?and priority embarking? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Hi Yes the Cards will be in your room waiting for you.....We booked our first NCL cruise last year with the Free Harrahs offer as well and the Free Drink Card and Casino at Seas card was in the room along with some Chocolate Covered Strawberries...Plus Cheese and Cookies brought up the rest of the week and one Free Bottle of Wine....

Now for our Second NCL Cruise this coming May to Alaska, I called CAS Direct and booked it with a Great Rate...Plus they said once again We'll have the Free Drink Card....

We Love to Gamble and have quite a few drinks through out the week in the Casino and last year Saved Over $500 by weeks end....

Have Fun and GOOD LUCK!!!!
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old February 1st, 2012, 12:45 AM
cruzingthebriny cruzingthebriny is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Long Beach, CALIF USA
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCal View Post
Hi Yes the Cards will be in your room waiting for you.....We booked our first NCL cruise last year with the Free Harrahs offer as well and the Free Drink Card and Casino at Seas card was in the room along with some Chocolate Covered Strawberries...Plus Cheese and Cookies brought up the rest of the week and one Free Bottle of Wine....

Now for our Second NCL Cruise this coming May to Alaska, I called CAS Direct and booked it with a Great Rate...Plus they said once again We'll have the Free Drink Card....

We Love to Gamble and have quite a few drinks through out the week in the Casino and last year Saved Over $500 by weeks end....

Have Fun and GOOD LUCK!!!!
Thanks for the quick reply LaCal. I have one more question if you don't mind. When I went to Vegas to pick up my cruise voucher, they had a special that weekend, to bring a friend, who was a Total Reward Player and their name would be put in a drum and they would have a chance to win a free cruise. Well, I brought my sister and she was notified by mail that her name was drawn. She got her own letter from Casino at Sea with the same offer I had, and booked a cruise with them. Do you think she will also get the same perks?
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old February 1st, 2012, 03:14 PM
LaCal LaCal is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzingthebriny View Post
Thanks for the quick reply LaCal. I have one more question if you don't mind. When I went to Vegas to pick up my cruise voucher, they had a special that weekend, to bring a friend, who was a Total Reward Player and their name would be put in a drum and they would have a chance to win a free cruise. Well, I brought my sister and she was notified by mail that her name was drawn. She got her own letter from Casino at Sea with the same offer I had, and booked a cruise with them. Do you think she will also get the same perks?
Yes if shes a Total Rewards member shell also get the Free Drink Card and Treats....

Plus if you guys are going on the same cruise and staying in the same room you can use BOTH Certificates for ONE ROOM to Upgrade the room....

We did this last year for Our Mexico Cruise....Used 2 Certificates and got Upgraded to a Mini-Suite....Just had to pay the Taxes and Port Charges....
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old February 2nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
Disney10 Disney10 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 19
Default

I also have a comped cruise from the Total Rewards. Do we get to use the CAS priority boarding when we arrive at the port?
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old February 2nd, 2012, 04:47 PM
LaCal LaCal is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney10 View Post
I also have a comped cruise from the Total Rewards. Do we get to use the CAS priority boarding when we arrive at the port?
Yes You'll see a line that says CAS or VIP....Get in that one and You'll be Onboard in No Time,,,
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old February 2nd, 2012, 04:52 PM
LaCal LaCal is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 723
Default

Good thing Were All getting the Free Drink Cards.....I was just reading on another post that NCL started charging an additional $20 per bottle for booze bought online for the room...Bar Set Ups....

Jack Daniels use to be $80 something ands now $100plus....

Good thing We bring our Vodka in 2 Smart Water Bottles....

But even with the Free Drink Cards and Booze in the room, By weeks end the Bar Bill still always seem high.....All those drinks here and there besides in the Casino Add Up Quick....
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:25 AM
kmb388 kmb388 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 22
Default I'm behind the times...

My boyfriend and I just finished our first cruise about two weeks ago, so even though I'm technically not a "newbie" anymore, I'm afraid I have a very naive question... apologies in advance!

Are Harrah's and NCL Casinos at Sea cards linked in any way?

We both signed up for CAS and donated to the cause throughout the cruise (haha). As we extended our vacation and drove home, we stopped at a Harrah's casino and asked about any affiliation and the customer service woman said none to her knowledge. So is it just a one-sided deal: play at Harrah's and receive perks for NCL, or are they reciprocal and earn both ways?

And while I'm on a roll with newbie questions: are the discounts/perks better booking through CAS, Latitudes, plain ol' NCL.com, or do they all end up together in the end?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old February 3rd, 2012, 04:55 AM
Nightengale212's Avatar
Nightengale212 Nightengale212 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Posts: 381
Default

Question??? I received a compted NCL cruise from Twin Rivers Casino and hubby and I will be taking this cruise in about a month. The phone number I was given to book the cruise went directly to NCL. I just got my Welcome Aboard packet and on the bottom where travel agent's name is located is says Casino Co Op Partners. Is this another name for CAS or something entirely different ?
__________________
Nightengale212

Golden Princess - Caribbean - 7/2004
Caribbean Princess - Caribbean - 5/2005
Golden Princess - Caribbean - 2/2006
Coral Princess - Panama Canal - 10/2010
Ruby Princess - Caribbean - 1/2011
Sapphire Princess - Alaska - 7/2011
NCL Star - Western Caribbean - 3/2012
NCL Pearl - Caribbean - 2/2013
NCL Breakaway - Bermuda - 6/9/2013
NCL Breakaway - Southern Caribbean - 1/19/14
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
LaCal LaCal is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb388 View Post
My boyfriend and I just finished our first cruise about two weeks ago, so even though I'm technically not a "newbie" anymore, I'm afraid I have a very naive question... apologies in advance!

Are Harrah's and NCL Casinos at Sea cards linked in any way?

We both signed up for CAS and donated to the cause throughout the cruise (haha). As we extended our vacation and drove home, we stopped at a Harrah's casino and asked about any affiliation and the customer service woman said none to her knowledge. So is it just a one-sided deal: play at Harrah's and receive perks for NCL, or are they reciprocal and earn both ways?

And while I'm on a roll with newbie questions: are the discounts/perks better booking through CAS, Latitudes, plain ol' NCL.com, or do they all end up together in the end?

Thanks for your help!
Yes Harrahs is linked with NCL to an extent.....If you get a Free NCL Cruise from Harrahs youll also get the Free Drink Card....

You can Book a NCL Cruise Directly through Harrahs and based on your Total Rewards Member Status like Gold, Platnium, Diamond etc...You get a Higher Discount on the Cruise than booking direct through NCL....

Last year was our first NCL Crusie as We got the Free Cruise Certificate from Harrahs, once onboard We also got the Free Drink Card....

This Year We decided to book NCL for our Alaska Cruise in May...I called Harrahs and got a few Different Rates from them..The Rep didnt really know what she was doing but finally got it right......The Next Day I called CAS Direct and got a much better rate dealing directly through them compared to Harrahs Rate based on our last cruise....

Also While playing at Harrahs theres No Extra Advantages from having Gambled on NCL...

So Try Both and see who gives you the BEST RATE....Probally CAS will for sure if youve already cruised on NCL and signed up with them(CAS)..

Good Luck...
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:01 AM
LaCal LaCal is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale212 View Post
Question??? I received a compted NCL cruise from Twin Rivers Casino and hubby and I will be taking this cruise in about a month. The phone number I was given to book the cruise went directly to NCL. I just got my Welcome Aboard packet and on the bottom where travel agent's name is located is says Casino Co Op Partners. Is this another name for CAS or something entirely different ?
Probally the same but I'm not sure 100%.....Call the number on your Packet/Info and Ask them if they are CAS and if you get the Free Drink Card as well.....GOOD LUCK
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old February 4th, 2012, 03:32 PM
kmb388 kmb388 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCal View Post
Yes Harrahs is linked with NCL to an extent.....If you get a Free NCL Cruise from Harrahs youll also get the Free Drink Card....

You can Book a NCL Cruise Directly through Harrahs and based on your Total Rewards Member Status like Gold, Platnium, Diamond etc...You get a Higher Discount on the Cruise than booking direct through NCL....

Last year was our first NCL Crusie as We got the Free Cruise Certificate from Harrahs, once onboard We also got the Free Drink Card....

This Year We decided to book NCL for our Alaska Cruise in May...I called Harrahs and got a few Different Rates from them..The Rep didnt really know what she was doing but finally got it right......The Next Day I called CAS Direct and got a much better rate dealing directly through them compared to Harrahs Rate based on our last cruise....

Also While playing at Harrahs theres No Extra Advantages from having Gambled on NCL...

So Try Both and see who gives you the BEST RATE....Probally CAS will for sure if youve already cruised on NCL and signed up with them(CAS)..

Good Luck...

Thanks so much for your help and advice! Funny you should mention Alaska, that's definitely on our radar for next cruise. We'll have to shop around for the best rate.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old February 4th, 2012, 05:27 PM
VideoTech's Avatar
VideoTech VideoTech is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb388 View Post
........Are Harrah's and NCL Casinos at Sea cards linked in any way?

........And while I'm on a roll with newbie questions: are the discounts/perks better booking through CAS, Latitudes, plain ol' NCL.com, or do they all end up together in the end?
Harrah's/Ceasar's and NCL are both owned by the same holding company. There is no direct relationship between the two frequent gambler cards; that is, your Harrah's Total Rewards points do not carry over to the Ship and your CAS points do not carry over to Harrah's.

However, there is a marketing relationship between the two operations, and your TR status can affect the amount of your discount or comp on your first NCL CAS cruise.

How is it better to book? There's a lot of different theories about that. We feel it's best to book through our Harrah's marketing rep. He contacts NCL on our behalf, and then once we've established (through him) what NCL CAS will offer us, we usually deal directly with them to pay for an upgrade to a higher level of suite.

If you simply book directly through CAS and are a Harrah's/Ceasar's frequent player, you will automatically get a discount on the booking that is based on your Harrah's TR status.

After your first cruise through CAS on NCL, however, it may not make that much difference. As you continue to book future cruises through CAS, they will simply look at your play on your most recent cruise, and make you an offer based on that play level (and considering the popularity of the cruise itinerary and the ship as well).

Once you've started booking through CAS, do not go back to the regular NCL reps or NCL.com. You will not receive the discounts that you would otherwise get through CAS.
__________________
NCL Pride of America, 3/15/14 Hawaii (POA review here)
NCL Jewel, 12/29/13 Western Caribbean
NCL Pearl, 8/5/12 Alaska & Glacier Bay
NCL Dawn, 12/4/11 Southern Caribbean
NCL Spirit, 7/17/11 Western Caribbean
NCL Sun, 1/1/11 Eastern Caribbean
NCL Epic, 8/28/10 Western Caribbean
NCL Pearl, 7/25/10 Alaska & Glacier Bay
RCCL Freedom, 3/15/2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Glory, 11/8/2008 Eastern diverted to Western Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy, 1/13/07 Western Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:46 PM
crispcook's Avatar
crispcook crispcook is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NY/SC
Posts: 22
Default

I usually book through Casinos at Sea, and the smallest discount I've been given is 17% off the cabin rate before taxes & fees (no discount on them).
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.
Check Cruise Prices
Destination:
Cruise Line:
Month:
Compare deals from top travel sites
Loading vendors ... please wait.
No vendors are available. Try selecting options