Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Azamara Club Cruises > Q&A with Larry Pimentel, President & CEO, Azamara Club Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Q&A with Larry Pimentel, President & CEO, Azamara Club Cruises

Larry Pimentel

Leave a question for Larry Pimentel -- he stops by from time to time to answer!

Rules For Posting
- Post questions using the NEW THREAD button.
- No discussion before Mr. Pimentel has answered.
- Please do not ask Customer Service or Booking related questions.
- Our Community Guidelines are in effect, please be respectful of our special guest and your fellow community members.

Closed Thread

Old January 20th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Pre cruise hotels and other

Dear Larry. Firstly I'd like to say how impressed we are with Azamara. 6 cruises done and no plans to change. We really enjoyed the President's cruise last year with the fantastic evening at the Tuscan castle.

An area which we think needs to be brought in line with the standard of the cruise experience is the included hotel stay in the UK package. In Copenhagen nice hotel but 20 mins from city, in Barcelona great location but 3* at best. We are taking the Black Sea cruise in July and the Istanbul hotel has quite a few poor reviews-noisy, in need of remodelling, poor air con etc. This is not a hotel we would ever book for ourselves.

2 more things-I think the staterooms would benefit from refreshing and so an update on the plan would be great- and the lack of pricing on the UK website for six months is quite diiffcullt to understand for a business with
resources of RCCI. Thanks very much.

Old January 21st, 2012, 12:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabatha1 View Post

An area which we think needs to be brought in line with the standard of the cruise experience is the included hotel stay in the UK package. In Copenhagen nice hotel but 20 mins from city, in Barcelona great location but 3* at best. We are taking the Black Sea cruise in July and the Istanbul hotel has quite a few poor reviews-noisy, in need of remodelling, poor air con etc. This is not a hotel we would ever book for ourselves.
I would second that based on pre-cruise Venice experience. We have been assured that this will be improved but I would like to see some evidence of that & understand future plans - especially when the hotel is included in the airfare (ex-UK arrangements).

Has Sailed:
Azamara Quest - Italy & Adriatic - Sep 2011
Celebrity - Eclipse - Cork mini-cruise - May 2011
Fred Olsen - Braemar - Norwegian Fjords May 2010

Old January 22nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Pre-cruise

I agree with the previous two post. We were booked for a pre-cruise hotel in Buenos Aires. After reading various reviews, the hotel definitely is not up to standards for a pre cruise package on a luxury cruise line. I just cancelled the hotel and had to book another one on my own for a Feb. 15 th arrival. This also made us arrange for our own transportation to the ship.

I also think it would be great - if you book a pre-cruise package to have available a few shore excursions in that city.

Thank you for making yourself available for an open forum.

Old January 24th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Plans to improve pre-cruise experience to previous level?

Hi,
What plans do you have to bring the pre-cruise experience up to the standard of the onboard experience? We are currently booked onto a cruise that appears to have us booked into an airport hotel outbound on the first night and offers a day room at an airport hotel on the last day of our holiday when we would like to be sight-seeing. This doesn't seem to be "destination immersion". The land-side experience appears to have deteriorated since our last cruise with Azamara (June 2011).
Many thanks
Kerry

Closed Thread