SD1 - Feb. 18 to 27

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

SeaDream Yacht Club

Read SeaDream Yacht Club Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:57 PM.
#1
Along the Hudson River in NY
3,403 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Now I know our trip is starting to feel real!

Just received an email with the tracking info on our documents
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#2
Orlando, Florida, USA
1,180 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by DisneyJen
Now I know our trip is starting to feel real!

Just received an email with the tracking info on our documents
Now that you have the correct ship, it must be real!
#4
Along the Hudson River in NY
3,403 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by ctbjr1309
Now that you have the correct ship, it must be real!
Glad to see you are paying attention to my signature

Originally posted by knotheadusc
I'm looking forward to some live reporting!
Will be testing out the wifi on the ship as well as the iPad and KindleFire for reporting purposes. DJ's DH will have his new laptop with him since he is flying from his business trip in Sweden to SJU, where he will meet me He doesn't do live reporting but I suspect he will let me use his laptop if I have issues with the iPad or Kindle Fire.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#5
Along the Hudson River in NY
3,403 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
DJ's DH and I have been having a rough couple of weeks. Imagine the sheer joy of finding this in the mailbox this afternoon:



And then when I ripped it open I found this:



And finally ...



Sorry the photo is so blurry (ctbjr has already pointed this out to me) but I was so excited I could barely contain my excitement!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#6
Germany
1,049 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Yea!!

They sent ours via FedEx and I was smiling big time when the driver handed it to me!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature













Our first cruise- Vision of the Seas- June 4, 2009 Baltics
#7
Wake Forest, NC
1,011 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Yes is is so exciting to get the DOCUMENTS! I did the edocs once but it just wasn't the same! I'm getting mine packed up since we leave for SDII on Friday. Can hardly wait!
#8
1,679 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
And there is no longer any type of credit for doing e-docs anymore - so we will go back to the doc package next time . . . love the pics - please keep them coming DJ.

FT
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#9
Along the Hudson River in NY
3,403 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by whatnot
Yes is is so exciting to get the DOCUMENTS! I did the edocs once but it just wasn't the same! I'm getting mine packed up since we leave for SDII on Friday. Can hardly wait!
We did the e-doc once as well but I agree it wasn't the same. Have a WONDERFUL time aboard SD2. Please tell everyone I said hello!

Originally posted by frequent traveler
And there is no longer any type of credit for doing e-docs anymore - so we will go back to the doc package next time . . . love the pics - please keep them coming DJ.

FT
Didn't realize there is no longer any credit for e-docs. Wonder if we get anything like the spa coupon or wine discount for being repeaters like we have in the past.

Three weeks from today I will be heading to San Juan!! Trust me, it can't come fast enough!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#10
Germany
1,049 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
We got 15% off coupons for the spa and wine list when we were aboard in November.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature













Our first cruise- Vision of the Seas- June 4, 2009 Baltics
#11
Along the Hudson River in NY
3,403 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by knotheadusc
We got 15% off coupons for the spa and wine list when we were aboard in November.
Excellent news! Now if we could just convince the powers that be at SD to include free internet service to those of us who are addicted to the yachts
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#12
Along the Hudson River in NY
3,403 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Excitement for our sailing continues to build as we received our copy of "The SeaDreamer" in today's mail.

How wonderful to see so many familiar faces! The only person, on the cover, other than the new captain, with whom we haven't sailed is Captain Smorawski ... but we will have that honor in a few weeks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#14
Along the Hudson River in NY
3,403 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by vandrefalk
I LOVE Capt s and so will you! He is a delight. We'll take care of SD 2 and you take care of SD 1!

Vandrefalk
Looking forward to sailing with Capt. S. I know we will be in capable hands for sure!

Will make sure to take care of SD1 for you
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#15
Along the Hudson River in NY
3,403 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
This will be our sixth cruise with SeaDream Yacht Club. DJ’s DH and I have sailed twice on SeaDream 1 and three times on SeaDream 2.

We have sailed multiple times on Royal Caribbean and Holland America. We have sailed once on Disney, Princess and Seabourn.

One of us is 50 and another one of us will be 50 later this year (and would like to celebrate her 50th birthday in May on SD in the Med ... HINT, HINT!!).

Friends of ours who are joining us on the this sailing (or as ctbjr would argue we are joining them) include ctbjr and Mrs. ctbjr as well as TOYBAR and Mrs. TOYBAR.

The current plan is for DJ's DH to meet me in SJU on Feb. 16 as he makes his way from Sweden to Germany to Philadelphia to SJU. I will be taking a more direct route through CLT.

Using HiltonHonor's points we are staying near the airport the first night at the Hampton Inn and Suites since we both arrive late in the day. We are using SPG points to stay at the Sheraton Old San Juan the night before boarding SD1.

Now let's hope the gods cooperate with our planning!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#16
16,465 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by DisneyJen
This will be our sixth cruise with SeaDream Yacht Club. DJ’s DH and I have sailed twice on SeaDream 1 and three times on SeaDream 2.

We have sailed multiple times on Royal Caribbean and Holland America. We have sailed once on Disney, Princess and Seabourn.

One of us is 50 and another one of us will be 50 later this year (and would like to celebrate her 50th birthday in May on SD in the Med ... HINT, HINT!!).

Friends of ours who are joining us on the this sailing (or as ctbjr would argue we are joining them) include ctbjr and Mrs. ctbjr as well as TOYBAR and Mrs. TOYBAR.

The current plan is for DJ's DH to meet me in SJU on Feb. 16 as he makes his way from Sweden to Germany to Philadelphia to SJU. I will be taking a more direct route through CLT.

Using HiltonHonor's points we are staying near the airport the first night at the Hampton Inn and Suites since we both arrive late in the day. We are using SPG points to stay at the Sheraton Old San Juan the night before boarding SD1.

Now let's hope the gods cooperate with our planning!


She should wait until July to have that celebration and do two weeks with some other nice people.
#17
Along the Hudson River in NY
3,403 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by zqvol
She should wait until July to have that celebration and do two weeks with some other nice people.
I wonder who that would be

Who knows what DJ's DH has planned but I certainly have dropped enough hints!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#19
Along the Hudson River in NY
3,403 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by DSNYSDRMR
Hey soul sista - We will be following you by one month! You may want to warn Felix!
Will do
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#20
Along the Hudson River in NY
3,403 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Just realized, as I am cooking dinner for one, that two weeks from this evening my bags will be backed and loaded in the car for my trip to SJU ... as long as I find a new pair of sunglasses to replace the ones I lost on St. John in June and some clothing I left in Florida in Jamuary makes it back to NC and I squeeze in a Chico's run (who am I kidding ... that is a no-brainer).

Now of course who knows when or where DJ's DH will meet me in SJU as he still hasn't been able to confirm if he is going from the wedding we are attending in Texas next weekend to Europe or coming back to NC with me.

Tried leaving items on the packing table (aka the laundry folding table aka the pool table) in the bonus/family room but the housekeeper then moves them to places where I will never find them ... maybe that's why I have a habit of leaving things in places where I stay At least the suitcases never made it back into the attic after our January trip despite repeated notes and hints to DJ's DH!!

Since we didn't do our full out Griswold Family Christmas since we spent part of November, most of December and a week in January in PA and FL I have been able to locate and secure one of the most important items for a SD trip ... a power strip!! DJ's DH is going to be on his own this trip as I have enough items to fill up that strip! I hope I remember to bring that power strip home from SD or else we will have to spend Thanksgiving on SD looking for the power strip ... maybe I am on to something
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature