Fittingly with the FunShip 2.0, this was the second time I’d used a cruise to recover from the Holiday Crazy. I was sailing with some friends I’d met on my first Liberty cruise. And Karl with a K with our Cruise Director once again. It was 2.0 kismet I'm telling ya!
We’d booked about a year in advance. I participated in the roll call here on CC and on the Carnival website. I was traveling with my stuffed cow. The cows review will be after I am done… and yes, she has opinions.
Actually, I was set to travel with my BFF BubbaQ but he had to cancel about 3 weeks prior to sailing. So aside from wanting to kill him, the days leading up to the cruise were 100% stress trying to re-work my plans for nearly the entire trip.
We’d used an FCC on this booking, which I’d redeemed online and saw credited to my account within the week. I’d also applied a few funship dollars in both our names prior to sailing on-line and those too, were applied within a week. His FSD transferred to my account when he canceled. Not sure if that is because we’d used just one credit card to set up our on board account, or if it was because I’d originally bought the certificates on a credit card number that no longer existed. YMMV.
Although I’d visited each of the ports before, I used Trip Advisor to research most of the ports we visited, Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. I don’t normally like to do big tours, if it can be a little educational that’s a bonus, and if there’s tequila involved – well, that’s a home run. My mission this trip was to learn a little bit about Rums. This proved to be a little more challenging than I’d have thought - more on that when I take you to San Juan with me.
Buckle up buttercup, as I take you with me on my Trip n Ship journey.
One of my door signs, I changed my door about 3 times a day …. Just because.
MINIpalooza @ the Beach
Past Cruises ...
the ship name is a link to my CC trip review
- Sensation - Bahamas - 11/2007
- Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean - 7/2008
- Carnival Splendor - uhh ... San Francisco - 4/2009
- Carnival Freedom - Western Caribbean - 8/2010
- Carnival Imagination - Western Caribbean - 11/2010 "Retailer Therapy"
- Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean - 1/2012 "Retailer Therapy 2.0"
- Carnival Liberty -Western Caribbean -1/2013 "Retailer Therapy 3.0"
- Carnival Glory - CTN - 5/2013
- Carnival Fascination - Bahamas B2B - 11/2013, 12/2013 "Retailer Therapy 3.5 & 4.0"
- Carnival Sunshine - Key West & Bahamas - 5/2014 "Retailer Therapy 5.0"
- Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas - Bahamas - 7/2014
- Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean - 1/2015 "Retailer Therapy 6.0"