Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old January 31st, 2012, 02:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Host Andy, can you help with wine immersion?

We are booked on one of the wine immersion cruises this fall and I am wondering if perhaps Host Andy can get us any further info on special events or any special allowances for bringing wine onboard - to be uncorked for a fee?! It seems silly to not make some allowances for this as the theme of the cruise and the venues chosen are for "wine immersion". Thanks for any info you may be able to get for us thru contacts you may have with the head office!

past cruises:
Celebrity Constellation: Wine Cruise, France, Spain, Portugal Sept. 2012
Azamara Journey: Rome to Lisbon Oct. 2011
Celebrity Eclipse: Western Caribbean, March 2011
Azamara: Rome to Athens, Oct. 2010
Azamara: Rome to Barcelona, May 2010
GCT River Cruise: Provence and Cote d'Azure, Oct. 2009
Oceania Nautica: Athens to Istanbul, May 2009
GCT River Cruise: Danube, Budapest to Prague, Oct. 2008
Celebrity Constellation: Barcelona to Venice, May 2007
Carribbean crusies on Celebrity, RCL, HAL and Costa!

Old January 31st, 2012, 02:21 PM
Cruise Critic Host & 10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by suec12 View Post
We are booked on one of the wine immersion cruises this fall and I am wondering if perhaps Host Andy can get us any further info on special events or any special allowances for bringing wine onboard - to be uncorked for a fee?! It seems silly to not make some allowances for this as the theme of the cruise and the venues chosen are for "wine immersion". Thanks for any info you may be able to get for us thru contacts you may have with the head office!
Hi Sue,

I will be happy to ask for you. If I receive an answer, I will post on this thread. Stay Tuned !

Old January 31st, 2012, 02:23 PM

Hi Sue,

Just to clarify - are you asking about the Connie sailings from Sep - November 2012 ?

Old January 31st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default I knew you'd be helpful!

yes Andy, the Connie cruises out of Southampton

past cruises:

Old January 31st, 2012, 02:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

I would love to know as well, never seen anything since the announcement. Changed our booking from Eclipse to Connie, love the thought of overnights in port!

Richard

Old January 31st, 2012, 02:51 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I am booked on one of the Connie Wine Immersion cruises, so just checking in so I get notifications of any postings on this thread too.

Thanks Linda

Old January 31st, 2012, 03:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just had a look,

The tours for the September 19th cruise are listed on the Celebrity site.

Details and prices available.

Richard

Old February 6th, 2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suec12 View Post
Hi Sue,

I asked Celebrity the following 2 questions. Here is their response :

-- Will there be special excursions or onboard events planned ?
Yes. We have introduced some very special shore excursions to visit wineries in the regions. We will also have some overnight excursions to allow for even more time and visits. Those have been posted on our website in the shore excursion section. In addition to the new shore excursions, as well as our already extensive wine enrichment programs, we will have guest lecturers, additional tastings, and special pairing seminars and dinners hosted by special guest wine educators from local wineries and wine distributor affiliations.

-- Will the Guest policy concerning bringing Wine onboard, be relaxed for these sailings ?
Yes. We recognize that guests may be eager to purchase wine while visiting these wonderful wine producing regions. In fact, we have made a change that considers all the wine cruise sailings we offer. The modification to the policy for those specific sailings on Millennium, Constellation, and Century is:
Guests who book a company sponsored shore excursion are permitted to bring back 2 bottles of wine per stateroom on the day of the excursion. When consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle will be subject to a $25 corkage fee. This amendment to the policy will be available on our website and communicated to Travel Agents.

Old February 6th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default thank you Andy!

thank you for checking on this and getting some info from the home office for us. I have found the shore excursions listed - lots of excursions (and wine) to choose from. Again, thanks

past cruises:

Old February 6th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default What do you think?

If you take a ship's excursion to a winery and buy two bottles, do you think the cruiseline gets a kickback?

If yes, do you think it is excessive to also charge a corkage fee?

Old February 6th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Many thanks.....

Thanks to Sue for raising the questions and Andy for getting the answers. I like the sound of those extra on board events, so will watch out for those.

Old June 18th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey we are considering this cruise in Nov. as well, thanks for the info.

Dave
2004 Serenade
2005 Jewel
2007 Sovereign
2008 Splendour
2009 Magesty
2009 Enchantment
Princess
2000 Ocean
2003 Sea
2006 Diamond
2009 Emerald
2010 Ruby
Carnival
2002 sensation
2003 sensation
2004 imagination
2006 elation
2007 legend
2008 imagination
2009 destiny
2010 inspiration x3
2011 inspiration x3
2012 destiny
2012 elation

Old July 12th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Another Question, Andy --

Quote:
Originally Posted by Host Andy View Post
Hi Sue,

Yes. We have introduced some very special shore excursions to visit wineries in the regions. We will also have some overnight excursions to allow for even more time and visits. Those have been posted on our website in the shore excursion section. In addition to the new shore excursions, as well as our already extensive wine enrichment programs, we will have guest lecturers, additional tastings, and special pairing seminars and dinners hosted by special guest wine educators from local wineries and wine distributor affiliations.

-- Will the Guest policy concerning bringing Wine onboard, be relaxed for these sailings ?
Yes. We recognize that guests may be eager to purchase wine while visiting these wonderful wine producing regions. In fact, we have made a change that considers all the wine cruise sailings we offer. The modification to the policy for those specific sailings on Millennium, Constellation, and Century is:
Guests who book a company sponsored shore excursion are permitted to bring back 2 bottles of wine per stateroom on the day of the excursion. When consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle will be subject to a $25 corkage fee. This amendment to the policy will be available on our website and communicated to Travel Agents.
Do you know if this has been implemented on the website? Would love to have this printed straight from the website to take along on our 11/18/12 Immersive Wine cruise . (BTW, I did try a search.)

Thanks!

Ruby Princess - 04/14 (B2B TA & British Isles) Pacific Princess - 01/14 (Amazon) Golden Princess - 12/13 (LA to Rio 'Round the Horn) Emerald Princess - 10/13 (Canada & New England) Star Princess - 3/13 (Hawaii & S. Pacific) Constellation - 11/12 (B2B Immersive Wine Cruise & T/A) Diamond Princess - 3/12 (Singapore to Beijing+Cruisetour) Grand Princess - 1/12 (S. Carib) Solstice - 11/11 (B2B Med & T/A) Diamond Princess - 8/11 (B2B Alaska) Navigator - 5/11 (T/A) Brilliance - 12/10 (B2B Egypt & E. Med/Suez Canal) Grand Princess - 9/10 (T/A via Norway & Iceland) Land Tour - 3/10 (Australia & New Zealand) Solstice - 11/09 (B2B Med & T/A ) Monarch - 10/09 (Bahamas) Monarch - 9/09 (Bahamas) Grand Princess - 4/09 (T/A) Mercury - 2/09 (Hawaii) Century - 12/08 (W. Carib) Solstice - 11/08 (Post-Inagural, E. Carib) Land Tour - 10/08 (Peru) Mercury - 4/08 (Alaska Repo) Century - 12/07 (T/A) Azamara Quest - 10/07 (Maiden Voyage) Mercury - 3/07 (Panama Canal Transit) Century - 1/07 (W. Carib) Zenith -11/06 (Ultimate E. Carib) Century - 8/06 (Baltic) Century - 2/06 (E. Carib) Zenith - 2/06 (W. Carib) Grandeur - 1/06 (W. Carib) Mercury - 10/05 (Pacific Coastal Repo) Zenith - 3/05 (S. Carib) Mercury - 3/04 (Mexican Riviera) Horizon - 3/03 (W. Carib) Mercury - 10/02 (Adults Only - W. Carib) Summit - 6/02 (Alaska Cruisetour) Millennium - 11/01 (E. Carib) Tropicale - 1/01 (Panama Canal) Big Red Boat - ?/? (Bahamas) Song of America - 11/85 (E. Carib)

Old July 12th, 2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb4683 View Post
Do you know if this has been implemented on the website? Would love to have this printed straight from the website to take along on our 11/18/12 Immersive Wine cruise . (BTW, I did try a search.)

Thanks!
Hi Kb,

I do not know the answer, but will be happy to ask. Stay Tuned !

Old July 12th, 2012, 07:58 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb4683 View Post

Thanks!
I'd like to do that too, for our upcoming Millie Pacific Coastal wine cruise. Often times, the folks in charge of enforcing rules on the ship are unaware of policy changes at corporate!

Old July 12th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Hi Kb,

Andy -- Thanks! I'll be keeping tabs on this thread.

Ruby Princess - 04/14 (B2B TA & British Isles) Pacific Princess - 01/14 (Amazon) Golden Princess - 12/13 (LA to Rio 'Round the Horn) Emerald Princess - 10/13 (Canada & New England) Star Princess - 3/13 (Hawaii & S. Pacific) Constellation - 11/12 (B2B Immersive Wine Cruise & T/A) Diamond Princess - 3/12 (Singapore to Beijing+Cruisetour) Grand Princess - 1/12 (S. Carib) Solstice - 11/11 (B2B Med & T/A) Diamond Princess - 8/11 (B2B Alaska) Navigator - 5/11 (T/A) Brilliance - 12/10 (B2B Egypt & E. Med/Suez Canal) Grand Princess - 9/10 (T/A via Norway & Iceland) Land Tour - 3/10 (Australia & New Zealand) Solstice - 11/09 (B2B Med & T/A ) Monarch - 10/09 (Bahamas) Monarch - 9/09 (Bahamas) Grand Princess - 4/09 (T/A) Mercury - 2/09 (Hawaii) Century - 12/08 (W. Carib) Solstice - 11/08 (Post-Inagural, E. Carib) Land Tour - 10/08 (Peru) Mercury - 4/08 (Alaska Repo) Century - 12/07 (T/A) Azamara Quest - 10/07 (Maiden Voyage) Mercury - 3/07 (Panama Canal Transit) Century - 1/07 (W. Carib) Zenith -11/06 (Ultimate E. Carib) Century - 8/06 (Baltic) Century - 2/06 (E. Carib) Zenith - 2/06 (W. Carib) Grandeur - 1/06 (W. Carib) Mercury - 10/05 (Pacific Coastal Repo) Zenith - 3/05 (S. Carib) Mercury - 3/04 (Mexican Riviera) Horizon - 3/03 (W. Carib) Mercury - 10/02 (Adults Only - W. Carib) Summit - 6/02 (Alaska Cruisetour) Millennium - 11/01 (E. Carib) Tropicale - 1/01 (Panama Canal) Big Red Boat - ?/? (Bahamas) Song of America - 11/85 (E. Carib)

Old July 12th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Hi Sue,

Cool!

Bon Vivant -76
World Renaissance - 78
Boheme - 79
Stattendam - 80
Fair Sea - 81
Rotterdam - 93
Mercury - 03
Infinity 11/20/05
Mercury 11/20/06
Mercury 6/15/07 Alaska
Summit 11/29/08 Transatlantic
Solstice 11/2009 Rome to Ft. Lauderdale!
Equinox 2010 Ultimate Caribbean
Silhouette March BTB East/West Caribbean 2013

Old July 15th, 2012, 02:15 PM
5,000+ Club

Question website info, re: immersion cruises

Has anyone been able to find anything about this on the website yet?

Old July 16th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

We are on the Century wine cruise departing Vancouver on September 25. We never bring wine on board at the departure port, however, it would be nice to be able to bring wine on board from various ports along the way, even if we don't take Celebrity's shore excursions. We have friends in San Francisco who may take us to wineries in their car. It would be great if we could bring bottles on board - whatever Celebrity usually allows at the port of embarkation.

Old July 31st, 2012, 05:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Andy --

Quote:
Hi Kb,

Have you received any further information??

Thanks!