Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!

Old February 1st, 2012, 06:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default handicapped cabins

I am going on the Navigator in June and was assigned a handicapped suite in a great location on the boat even though we are not handicapped and never requested it! I am not sure if its better since its bigger... needed some thoughts on the topic! Any would be appreciated!

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 1st, 2012, 08:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Handicapped Cabins

JudithBee, Were you "assigned" a handicapped cabin because you had a guarantee booking? If so, you may not have much of a choice with assignment. We had a handicapped cabin on the Mariner, the Navigator might be different.
The suite may have been a little bigger than a standard cabin but there are some disadvantages. There is a lot of space that is not usable because of the large doors in the entry and in the bathroom. The handicapped bathroom is stark compared to the other suites. The shower is almost flush with the floor and water flows over the ramp and is suppose to go to a drain but I was constantly mopping up water with towels. There was less furniture in the suite to make room for a wheelchair.

Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:31 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks so much for your input. Now I am really annoyed with my travel agent. I wanted the guaranteed "F" which is what I thought I paid for. The room was a deluxe D so I thought they already upgraded me! When I looked at my invoice I actually PAID for the deluxe D! Based upon what you said I really don't want that cabin! I really hope they will change it!

Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:35 AM
Cool Cruiser

If you had a guaranteed F, then they can assign you a suite almost anywhere. When you reserve a guaranteed rate, you're agreeing to take any suite available at that level or above. But if you're being charged for a D, then either you didn't have a guaranteed F or someone made a mistake somewhere. I think you need to talk to your travel agent so find out exactly what was done when. Do you have any paperwork or email from your TA which quotes you the "F" rate?

If your TA actually booked you a guaranteed D, and they've assigned you this suite, you probably have no recourse with Regent -- the issue is whether you ever agreed to that price with your TA, and if not, whether they will make good on the difference in cost between a D and F. If your TA booked this specific suite for you, not as a guarantee, then it's possible the TA can go back to Regent to see if any other suites are available to shift you into.

Finally, if it ends up that you're "stuck" with this suite for one reason or another, I would say not to worry about it too much and not to let it cast a shadow over your anticipation of the cruise. Most of your cruise experience takes place outside your suite, and having a differently-furnighed suite will not ruin your cruise!

-- Eric

Old February 25th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmillie View Post
JudithBee, Were you "assigned" a handicapped cabin because you had a guarantee booking? If so, you may not have much of a choice with assignment. We had a handicapped cabin on the Mariner, the Navigator might be different.
The suite may have been a little bigger than a standard cabin but there are some disadvantages. There is a lot of space that is not usable because of the large doors in the entry and in the bathroom. The handicapped bathroom is stark compared to the other suites. The shower is almost flush with the floor and water flows over the ramp and is suppose to go to a drain but I was constantly mopping up water with towels. There was less furniture in the suite to make room for a wheelchair.
I just got off the Crown Princess, spent the month of January 2012 on it.
My first cabin was E717 for 2 weeks which is an ocean view non-obstructed and located aft. The last two weeks it was E303 a handicap cabin located far forward. In the bathroom the floor is level and you do have to be careful when taking a shower (very careful). The best I found was to go to the spa and use their free showers. This is good for tall people also the doors close, you do not have to deal with shower curtains.

Oh, I am not handicap and while part of me wanted the new cabin, another part of me didn't. But the handicap cabin was near the elevators; actually open the door and walk a few paces.
10 Jan NCL Sun S.A. & 10-Sept-Crn Princess TA & 10 Oct USS Taylor Reunion
11 Jan HAL Caribbean btb & 11 Jan HAL Caribbean btb & 11 Apr 2-9 Caribbean btb & 11 Apr 9-16 Caribbean btb & 11 Apr 16-23 Caribbean btb & 11 Sept 9/20-10/5 NCL Sun TA 8063
12 Jan Crown btb & 12 Feb Crown btb & 12 10/20-11/3 Grand Princess Canary Isle & 12 11/3-11/17 Grand Princess TA
13 Jan Noordam // Aug Maasdam Boston to Canada RT // Ryndam Athens to Rome // Rome-Barc // Barc 13 Tampa TA
14 Feb-Mar Statendam Polynesia // Aug-Sept Boston-Canada RT // Sept. Taylor Reunion//Nov-Dec Amazon Prinsendam
15 Feb-March Fll-LA RT Panama Canal//July-Voyage of Vikings

email - paulkatz8 at gmail dot com
West End Boston

Old February 25th, 2012, 11:46 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul8 View Post
I just got off the Crown Princess, spent the month of January 2012 on it.
My first cabin was E717 for 2 weeks which is an ocean view non-obstructed and located aft. The last two weeks it was E303 a handicap cabin located far forward. In the bathroom the floor is level and you do have to be careful when taking a shower (very careful). The best I found was to go to the spa and use their free showers. This is good for tall people also the doors close, you do not have to deal with shower curtains.

Oh, I am not handicap and while part of me wanted the new cabin, another part of me didn't. But the handicap cabin was near the elevators; actually open the door and walk a few paces.
Not sure what this has to do with Regent.

Old February 25th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelG View Post
Not sure what this has to do with Regent.
My mistake.
10 Jan NCL Sun S.A. & 10-Sept-Crn Princess TA & 10 Oct USS Taylor Reunion
11 Jan HAL Caribbean btb & 11 Jan HAL Caribbean btb & 11 Apr 2-9 Caribbean btb & 11 Apr 9-16 Caribbean btb & 11 Apr 16-23 Caribbean btb & 11 Sept 9/20-10/5 NCL Sun TA 8063
12 Jan Crown btb & 12 Feb Crown btb & 12 10/20-11/3 Grand Princess Canary Isle & 12 11/3-11/17 Grand Princess TA
13 Jan Noordam // Aug Maasdam Boston to Canada RT // Ryndam Athens to Rome // Rome-Barc // Barc 13 Tampa TA
14 Feb-Mar Statendam Polynesia // Aug-Sept Boston-Canada RT // Sept. Taylor Reunion//Nov-Dec Amazon Prinsendam
15 Feb-March Fll-LA RT Panama Canal//July-Voyage of Vikings

email - paulkatz8 at gmail dot com
West End Boston