Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures > Florida Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Florida Departures
Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami & Port Canaveral & Tampa

Old February 4th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Miami hotel with free transportation from airport and free shuttle to port?

Hello Everyone. We are booking a 6 night cruise on the Valor this June. Our flight arrives the day before at 8p Saturday into MIA. I am hoping there is a hotel with free shuttle from airport to hotel and free shuttle to the port. Yes, I know thatís a lot but I would like to cut as much cost as possible.

The hotel does not have to be the Ritz but I canít stay at the Bates motel either.

As crazy as it sounds, if we canít find these options for free itís cheaper to fly into FLL. The tickets are $65 cheaper pp. There will be 2 adults and 2 teens.
Thanks
Adrienne

Old February 4th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

We are staying in the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North hotel -- just opened in December (new!) which has free transportation to airport and port of Miami. AAA rate through the Comfort Suites site gave us the best rate.

Old February 4th, 2012, 03:37 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriennerm View Post
Hello Everyone. We are booking a 6 night cruise on the Valor this June. Our flight arrives the day before at 8p Saturday into MIA. I am hoping there is a hotel with free shuttle from airport to hotel and free shuttle to the port. Yes, I know thatís a lot but I would like to cut as much cost as possible.

The hotel does not have to be the Ritz but I canít stay at the Bates motel either.

As crazy as it sounds, if we canít find these options for free itís cheaper to fly into FLL. The tickets are $65 cheaper pp. There will be 2 adults and 2 teens.
Thanks
Adrienne
If you fly into FLL you will be about a 45 minute drive into Miami. Shuttles charge $15/pp so with 4 of you figure out if it is worth it also counting the trip back.
There are several hotels in downtown Miami near the port. A cab from the airport to this area is about $25 and cab to the ship about $10.

Old February 4th, 2012, 04:22 PM
10,000+ Club

Besides the Comfort Suites check out the La Quinta East near MIA - free airport and port shuttles. The motel gets some mixed reivews but seems good enough for many cruisers like you who are arriving late. Good luck!

Old February 4th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Miami hotel that also lets you leave your car and shuttle

I see a few hotels that have free transportation but I need one that I can leave my car for 11 days....Do you know of a decent hotel that does that?
Thanks
janymac

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 4th, 2012, 09:23 PM
10,000+ Club

La Quinta East is a budget option that offers cruise parking packages. Check www.stay123.com or www.parksleepfly.com for others. All will be near the MIA airport (downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day for parking ) - so if a shuttle is not offered plan on $25+ for a cab to/from your port.

MIA Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn are favorites for parking deals on these boards.

Good luck!

Old February 5th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninDC View Post
La Quinta East is a budget option that offers cruise parking packages. Check www.stay123.com or www.parksleepfly.com for others. All will be near the MIA airport (downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day for parking ) - so if a shuttle is not offered plan on $25+ for a cab to/from your port.

MIA Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn are favorites for parking deals on these boards.

Good luck!
Thanks JohninDC...just started looking into this as I think I would rather drive there instead of flying...just want to be near the port a day earlier.
I was shocked by the prices, used to leave from NY pier and they were not that expensive....lol
janymac

Old February 5th, 2012, 10:25 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by janymac View Post
Thanks JohninDC...just started looking into this as I think I would rather drive there instead of flying...just want to be near the port a day earlier.
I was shocked by the prices, used to leave from NY pier and they were not that expensive....lol
janymac
janymac........the downtown Hilton had a parking package. Look on their website under 'specials". Hotel is near the port.

Old February 5th, 2012, 02:26 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie51 View Post
janymac........the downtown Hilton had a parking package. Look on their website under 'specials". Hotel is near the port.

You will be shocked by the price of the Hilton's cruise package!

Old March 1st, 2012, 05:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Does any one have any experience with the Days Inn at MIA. They say they have free shuttles to the airport and the port. I checked the "snooze and cruise" rate (room, transfers, 2 drinks, 2 breakfasts) and it was $92. Even if the rooms aren't great that seems like a good deal

http://daysinnmiamiairport.com/

Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean 5/2012
Celebrity Summit - S. Caribbean B2B 11/2010
RCCL - Mariner of the Seas - Mexico 11/2009
Celebrity Summit - Southern Caribbean 3/2009
Golden Princess - Eastern Carribean 4/2002
Carinval Elation - Mexico 1/1998
Cunard Countess - Southern Caribbean 6/1985
HAL - New Amsterdam - S. Caribbean 1974

Old March 1st, 2012, 06:56 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusLA View Post
Does any one have any experience with the Days Inn at MIA. They say they have free shuttles to the airport and the port. I checked the "snooze and cruise" rate (room, transfers, 2 drinks, 2 breakfasts) and it was $92. Even if the rooms aren't great that seems like a good deal

http://daysinnmiamiairport.com/
Have you checked the trip advisor reviews?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...i_Florida.html

La Quinta East is a budget motel near MIA often suggested on these boards with free POM shuttles -- good luck!

Old March 1st, 2012, 11:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

Are there any hotels closer to SoBe that offer free parking or a free shuttle to the port? I have searched but do not see anything. Otherwise we are staying at LaQuinta East.

Carnival Victory March 27, 2011 -Southern Caribbean
San Juan to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten 7 days Review

Carnival Destiny November 24, 2011 Thanksgiving Cruise-Western Caribbean Miami to Key West & Cozumel 4 days Review
Carnival Glory October 22, 2012- Bahamas Norfolk to Nassau 6 days Review
Carnival Victory February 3, 2014- Exotic Eastern Caribbean Miami to Grand Turk & Little Stirrup Cay (Coco Cay) 5 days Review
Faster to the Fun Review

February 2015 WDW Princess Half Marathon

Old March 1st, 2012, 01:56 PM
10,000+ Club

Downtown Miami and Miami Beach hotels charge their guests $25-30+/day for parking so except for the downtown Hilton (mucho $$$ ) all of the hotels offering paking deals will be out near the MIA airport.

You might do better with a cruise parking hotel near FLL and then use SAS (www.ridesas.com), QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ) or Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) to shuttle you to POM for about $15 per person each way.

Good luck!

Old March 1st, 2012, 02:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Besides the Comfort Suites check out the La Quinta East near MIA - free airport and port shuttles. The motel gets some mixed reivews but seems good enough for many cruisers like you who are arriving late. Good luck!
We stayed at the La Quinta two winters ago prior to a cruise. The staff that we could communicate with were very helpful.

At the time there were two or three closed restaurants we had to walk past to get to those that were open. Pretty dreary area.

That said, the rooms were 3 of a 5, the people helpful, the shuttles busy and the price was right. Not a favorite place but functional.

Take care!

Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean 7-Days 2012
Disney Magic Caribbean 4-Days 2011
Ruby Princess Mediterranean 12-Days 2010
Celebrity Century Mexico 4-Days 2010
Sapphire Princess Mexican Riviera 7-Days 2009
Ruby Princess Western Caribbean 7-Days 2008
Grand Princess Western Caribbean 7-Days 2007
Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean 7-Days 2006
Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera 7-Days 2005
Caribbean Princess Caribbean 7-Days 2005
Star Princess Mexico 7-Days 2002
Grand Princess Caribbean 7-Days 2001

Living Life
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ryoung60@columbus.rr.com

Old March 1st, 2012, 03:33 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by agc291 View Post
Are there any hotels closer to SoBe that offer free parking or a free shuttle to the port? I have searched but do not see anything. Otherwise we are staying at LaQuinta East.
no...that's why you haven't found anything...

you are not going to find a decent place in Miami that will offer this...some of the cheap places by the airport MIGHT....

Parking in downtown/SoBe hotels is going to NOT be free...

Cabs are really NOT that expensive...and if people are willing to do that, and then use one of the bidding sites for a hotel, there can be a big savings.

MANY times...not all, but many, hotels that have 'free' parking and 'free' shuttles are rolling it into the price....and they're NOT great places to stay..not near anything, maybe not clean, not safe, etc. Again, this is not always the case, but often, places that offer this stuff for "free' are doing so for a reason.....

Cape Liberty Info blog
Meg's YouTube Videos

Cape Liberty Area Hotel Photos

Click ship names below to go to albums!

My Cruise History:
Explorer of the Seas x12, Freedom x 1, Serenade x2, Summit x3, Jewel x1, Adventure, x1, Grandeur x2, Navigator x1, Enchantment, x4, CCL Pride x2, CCL Miracle x1
218 Total Nights At Sea!
illegitmi non carborundum kmt

Old March 3rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Hotel shuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendaeh View Post
We are staying in the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North hotel -- just opened in December (new!) which has free transportation to airport and port of Miami. AAA rate through the Comfort Suites site gave us the best rate.
We will be staying for a day after our cruise as the airfare was significantly cheaper! Do you know if they offer free shuttle FROM the port? Some only offer shuttles TO the port.
Thanks
Jen

Old March 3rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by getawayfrommi View Post
We will be staying for a day after our cruise as the airfare was significantly cheaper! Do you know if they offer free shuttle FROM the port? Some only offer shuttles TO the port.
Thanks
Jen
I know of NO Miami area hotels that offer a free shuttle from POM back to the hotel - taxi to MIA area hotels will cost $25-30. Good luck!

Old March 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

I have booked my stay at La Quinta East in MIA for our pre-cruise stay. Does any one know if there are any close convenience stores for picking up some soda & water prior to the cruise?

How about places to eat?

Since we will be using their shuttle to/from the hotel, we will need to walk to these places.

Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean 5/2012
Celebrity Summit - S. Caribbean B2B 11/2010
RCCL - Mariner of the Seas - Mexico 11/2009
Celebrity Summit - Southern Caribbean 3/2009
Golden Princess - Eastern Carribean 4/2002
Carinval Elation - Mexico 1/1998
Cunard Countess - Southern Caribbean 6/1985
HAL - New Amsterdam - S. Caribbean 1974

Old March 15th, 2012, 11:10 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
You will be shocked by the price of the Hilton's cruise package!
Yes, I know it is expensive but is an alternative to parking at POM.
Of course if one is looking for a place to park a car for the duration of the cruise then there will always be a trade off.

Old March 15th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendaeh View Post
May want to double check that...our group is staying there in November. I called hotel today: shuttle to the port is $10 per person, it is a van that only runs once a day between 11-noon and does not offer return trip.

Past and Future Cruises:

Carnival Legend 11/08/2006
Carnival Liberty 11/24/2007
RCCL Mariner of the Seas 10/26/2008
Carnival Glory 01/03/2009
Carnival Dream 11/13/2010
Carnival Miracle 11/18/2011
Carnival Paradise 02/25/2012
Carnival Valor 04/28/2012
Carnival Ecstasy 10/22/2012
Carnival Breeze 11/24/2012
Carnival Victory 03/23/2013 (Platinum!!!)
Carnival Liberty 06/22/2013
Carnival Sensation 09/08/2013
Carnival Conquest 02/09/2014
Carnival Sunshine 05/02/2014
Carnival Liberty 09/13/2014
NCL Getaway 10/18/2014