Fantasy Joins The Fleet This Week

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Disney Cruise Line
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:57 PM.
Saint Cloud, FL
1,022 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Disney Fantasy will be officially delivered to DCL by the Meyer Werft Shipyard on Thursday, February 9th, in Bremerhaven, Germany.

The ship will depart Germany a week later, on February 16th, enroute to New York City (making several undisclosed stops along the way), where she will arrive on February 28th.

The ship will be christened in New York on March 1st.

Fantasy is scheduled to arrive at her ultimate home port, Port Canaveral, FL, on Tuesday, March 6th. Details regarding arrival time and any ceremonies planned have not yet been announced.

Her Inaugural Cruise will be on March 31st.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCL "Magic" - Feb '05 - 7 night Eastern;
DCL "Wonder" - Jan '07 - 3 night Nassau;
DCL "Magic" - Feb '09 - 7 night Western;
DCL "Wonder" - Oct '09 - 3 night Nassau;
DCL "Dream" - May '11 - 4 night Nassau;
DCL "Dream" - Sept '11 - DVC Member Cruise - 4 night - 2 stops @ CC;
DCL "Fantasy" - February '13 - 7 night Eastern;
DCL "Dream" - Aug '15 - DVC Member Cruise - 4 nights - 2 stops @ CC;
DCL "Magic" - May '16 - 14 night Eastbound Transatlantic
DCL "Dream" - Dec '16 - 3 night Nassau
NCL "Pearl" - Mar '17 - 10 night Panama Canal
Minnesota
1,452 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
If her home port is Canaveral, why would they christen her in New York?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sent via my Carrier Pigeon. Now a free app from Bridge Trusses

Hook'd on foniks wurk't four me!

Inaugural member of PCCS. Now accepting new members

INSANITY IS HEREDITARY. YOU CAN GET IT FROM YOUR CHILDREN

Disney Wonder October 22, 2005
RCCL Enchantment Of The Seas December 8, 2000
NCL MS Leeward December 8, 1997
Regency Cruise Lines Regent Sea February 17 1991
Carnival Festivale February 23 1986
NCL MS Skyward September 22 1984
NCL MS Skyward January 8 1984
The Villages, Fl
331 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by pluto,
see you june 9
My wife and I and two grandkids will be on June 9 also
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nick

Disney Wonder 06-16
Disney Fantasy 7 - 16
Disney Fantasy 11 - 14
Disney Fantasy 6 -14
Celebrity Reflection 3 - 13

Celebrity Equinox 4-11,Disney Fantasy 6-12,Celebrity Solstice 09-10,Celebrity Millennium 02-05,Celebrity Century 02.99,Celebrity Century 05-70,Disney Wonder 10-10,Disney Wonder 06-09,Disney Magic 09-07,Disney Magic 06-06,Disney Magic 09-04,Disney Magic 09-03,Disney Magic 03--03,,Disney Magic 06-02,Disney Magic 09-01,Disney Magic 06-00,Mariner Of The Seas 01-08,Majesty Of The Seas 12-04,Majesty Of The Seas 09-96,Song Of America 12-95,Nortic Prince 11-70,Nortic Prince 9-69
Clarksburg, WV
13,963 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
AIS Marine Traffic grab taken 11:30am (local time) Feb. 17, 2012 of Disney Fantasy doing 20 knots entering the English Channel en route to Ponta Delgada and NYC.

347 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by dmwnc1959
A picture of her atrium

Courtesy Meyerwerft
Not a huge fan of the carpet but everything else looks great!!
Newark, CA. USA
3,398 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by jrm116
Not a huge fan of the carpet but everything else looks great!!
Raise your hand if you found a hidden Mickey!

BYW, I love the carpet. It's just stunning. I'm in awe of the skill that it took to cut it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mickey M
Cruise Critic Board Host
[email protected]

347 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by Host Mick

BYW, I love the carpet. It's just stunning. I'm in awe of the skill that it took to cut it.
Found one! The ones on the chandelier. Im not great at finding those, that was the only one i could find.

At first i thought the chandelier was a rendering put into the real picture since it wasn't done. WOW. Imagine what it will look like in person!
Newark, CA. USA
3,398 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by jrm116
Found one! The ones on the chandelier. Im not great at finding those, that was the only one i could find.

At first i thought the chandelier was a rendering put into the real picture since it wasn't done. WOW. Imagine what it will look like in person!
I'd call that one a decor mickey. There's another one that truly hidden.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mickey M
Cruise Critic Board Host
[email protected]

Clarksburg, WV
13,963 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
I'd call that one a decor mickey. There's another one that truly hidden.
I think I found one hidden in the right elevator scroll work.

It's about 3/4 of the way up just on the border between the black and green (right side of black shaft).

Ooh. And there appears to be a TINY Hidden Mickey on either side of that first balcony between the elevators, set in the elevator scroll work just near and below the hand rail.

Did I win???

Suburban Atlanta, GA
767 Posts
Joined Jul 2007

I am no good at finding hidden Mickeys but I'll be on the Fantasy May 12, so I'll let you know. And I agree, the carpet is stunning!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Sunshine - Journeys - S. Caribbean - May 2016, Norwegian Jade - W. Caribbean - February 2016, Carnival Breeze - W. Caribbean - June 2015, Carnival Sunshine - Bahamas - February 2014, Carnival Conquest - Bahamas - September 2013, Celebrity Silhouette - E. Caribbean - March 2013, Carnival Glory - Canada - July 2012, Disney Fantasy - W. Caribbean - May 2012, Carnival Fascination - Bahamas - October 2011, Carnival Fascination - Bahamas - June 2011 , Carnival Legend - W. Caribbean - May 2011, RCCL Monarch - Bahamas - August 2010, Disney Wonder - Bahamas - January 2010, Carnival Ecstasy - Mexico - March 2009, Celebrity Millennium - Alaska - September 2008, Carnival Sensation - Bahamas - July 2007
Clarksburg, WV
13,963 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
The sun shines on Ponta Delgada with Disney Fantasy docked Feb. 20, 2012. She is en route from Bremerhaven, Germany to NYC for her christening ceremony.

Clarksburg, WV
13,963 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Disney Fantasy at 2:15am local time (21 Feb 2012) having departed Ponta Delgada, Azores now en route to NYC for her maiden arrival into the US and her naming ceremony.