~ Watch RCI Ships Sail away~ New Views on Ft Lauderdale Webcam

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
30,998 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by cruisenfever
Thanks Emmy for the 3 links. I have subscribed to this thread for future use.
You're welcome .. tomorrow Liberty of the Seas

Yes loved the views of Navigator on the FtLauderdale cam especially with the late afternoon sun on her.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
EMMY

FUN~FEATHERS~FRIENDS
Rhode Island, U.S.A.
22,408 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Originally posted by emmy
You're welcome .. tomorrow Liberty of the Seas

Yes loved the views of Navigator on the FtLauderdale cam especially with the late afternoon sun on her.
Three weeks from yesterday I'll be leaving on Navigator.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
30,998 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by Ocean Boy
Three weeks from yesterday I'll be leaving on Navigator.
We'll be watching...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
EMMY

FUN~FEATHERS~FRIENDS
Oakmont, PA
5,918 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Maybe need to start a FLL cam watch group like the Galveston Cam Watch Group
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jon

Big Red Boat 1999 - Nassau
Carnival Triumph March 2002 - San Juan, St. Thomas, St Croix
Carnival Triumph Jan 2005 - San Juan, St Thomas, St Marteen
RCCL Navigator of the Seas Jan 2006 - Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Carnival Elation Feb 2007 - Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk
RCCL Majesty of the Seas Nov 2007 - Nassau, CocoCay
Carnival Valor Sept 2008 - St Thomas, St Marteen (missed Nassau due to Hurricane Ike)
Carnival Destiny B2B Feb 2009 - Key West, Cozumel/Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau
Carnival Liberty Oct 2009 - San Juan, St Thomas, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay
Carnival Destiny B2B2B Sept/Oct 2010 (Platinum) - Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman/Key West, Cozumel/Grand Turk, Nassau (missed Half Moon Cay due to TS Otto)
Carnival Dream - 8/27/11 Nassau, St Thomas, St Martin
Carnival Pride - 4/29/12 Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Freeport
RCCL Oasis of the Seas - 10/20/12 Nassau, St Thomas, St Martin (Bouncing with Sandy)
Carnival Pride - 5/5/12 - Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Freeport
RCCL Oasis of the Seas - 9/21/13 Nassau, St Thomas, St Martin
Carnival Breeze - 9/7/14 Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Kansas City, KS
826 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by bettyboop16
At sail away time, I like to switch between both web cams.
If you click on the "2 in 1" camera, you will be able to see both at the same time, although in a smaller window next to your preferred camera view. I watched Ft lauderdale camera until the Allure passed in front of the Port Everglades camera, then back to the Ft Lauderdale camera for the further out to sea view. I'll be on her in 4 weeks at the top railing midship waving to the camera.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Naomi
Diamond Plus

Past Adventures: 4/2/16 Serenade-Eastbound Transatlantic * 5/22/15 Radiance-Alaska Southbound * 5/15/15 Radiance- Alaska Northbound * 5/2/14 Legend-Norwegian Fjords * 4/16/14 Legend-Eastbound TA * 1/18/14 Oasis-Western Caribbean * 5/24/13 Radiance-Alaska Southbound * 5/17/13 Radiance-Alaska Northbound * 8/31/12 Jewel-West bound Transatlantic * 3/11/12 Allure-Western Caribbean * 6/17/11 Radiance-Alaska SB * 6/10/11 Radiance-Alaska NB * 3/13/11 Allure-Western Caribbean * 5/31/10 Jewel-Baltic * 3/13/10 Oasis-Eastern Caribbean * 6/12/09 Radiance-Alaska southbound * 6/5/09 Radiance-Alaska NB * 3/15/09 Adventure-Southern Caribbean * 12/27/08 Independence- Eastern Caribbean * 6/15/08 Legend-Eastern Med/Egypt * 6/18/07 Jewel-British Isles/Norwegian Fjords * 12/17/06 Freedom-Western Caribbean * 5/19/06 Vision-Alaska * 5/8/05 Adventure-Southern Caribbean * 5/28/04 Jewel-Baltic * 5/24/03 Splendour-Mediterranean * 6/12/01 Legend-Baltic * 5/21/00 Voyager-Western Caribbean * 5/22/99 Legend-Mediterranean * 8/2/97 Enchantment-Mediterranean * 5/26/96 Majesty-Western Caribbean * 5/27/95 Sovereign-Eastern Caribbean * 5/29/93 Sovereign-Eastern Caribbean * 9/10/90 Premier Oceanic-Bahamas

[url=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/URL

New Brunswick , Canada
307 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
3 weeks till freedom of the seas
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Miracle 3/06
Carnival Fascination 3/07
Carnival Liberty 3/11
Freedom of the Seas 3/12
Carnival Breeze 3/13

Carnival Imagination 12/13

Carnival Valor 3/14
Adventure of the Seas 3/15
Carnival Breeze 3/16
Oasis of the Seas 3/17
NCL Breakaway 4/17
30,998 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by Thestapels
Maybe need to start a FLL cam watch group like the Galveston Cam Watch Group
My hope is to keep this thread going similar to to the Galveston Cam group so we can gather here on sail away days and enjoy watching our favorite RCI ships sail away on the Florida cams..all three of them and the NY cam as well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
EMMY

FUN~FEATHERS~FRIENDS
30,998 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by songster2
If you click on the "2 in 1" camera, you will be able to see both at the same time, although in a smaller window next to your preferred camera view. I watched Ft lauderdale camera until the Allure passed in front of the Port Everglades camera, then back to the Ft Lauderdale camera for the further out to sea view. I'll be on her in 4 weeks at the top railing midship waving to the camera.
You can also easily switch from one cam to the other for the Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale cams by using the Port Everglades webcam site..there are two large arrows on the upper left hand corner of the viewing screen. They appear if you place your cursor over that corner.You can move easily from one cam to the other.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
EMMY

FUN~FEATHERS~FRIENDS
Dallas, TX
609 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by cruisenfever
Thanks Emmy for the 3 links. I have subscribed to this thread for future use.
To Patti -

How do you "subscribe" to a thread?

Just wondering?

From Patti
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Ecstasy - 6/22/06
Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas - 4/6/08 & 2/7/10
Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas - 12/4/11 & 12/9/12
Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas - 8/30/15
Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas - 10/16/16
Davenport, FL
1,240 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
I also like the new webcam. I went to the Port Everglades webcam (low shot and sound) and was able to switch camera angles within the same website to keep the sound.

I wish that Port Canaveral would add sound so we can hear the RCCL ships and the famous DCL horn. I do like hearing the DCL "When You Wish Upon a Star" horn.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Robert Anderson

Future Sailings

Past Sailing
2009 - HAL Ryndam; RCCL Monarch
2010 - RCCL Monarch(3), Freedom
2011 - RCCL Freedom, Navigator
2012 - CCL Destiny; NCL POA; RCCL Independence, Monarch
2013 - RCCL Enchantment, Oasis
2014 - RCCL Enchantment(2), Vision, Radiance, Independence
2015 - RCCL Enchantment, Independence, Serenade
2016 - RCCL Enchantment, Freedom, Oasis
360 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Thank you ! Didn't see the 2 for 1 feature. Its hard to switch to all three web cams. Time warner won't let me stream three web sites at the same time. Has anyone streamed with the 2for 1 and switched to port carnival?......................RADICAL
30,998 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Liberty of the Seas in port today ~

See you at sail away
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
EMMY

FUN~FEATHERS~FRIENDS
Columbus, OH USA
26,657 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by emmy
My hope is to keep this thread going similar to to the Galveston Cam group so we can gather here on sail away days and enjoy watching our favorite RCI ships sail away on the Florida cams..all three of them and the NY cam as well.
Sounds like a plan. I do love seeing great views of the ships where I can see my old cabin (I still think of them as mine). These webcams are a great reason to buy a laptop with an HDMI output. For months before going on Allure we watched every sailing on our big screen. Now that I'm a charter member of the Everglades/FLL webcam group, I'll have to use my next cruise certificate to get back on Allure again for 2013.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1st cruise 4/29/06 RCCL Voyager of the Seas. - Eastern Caribbean.
2nd cruise - 5/11/07 Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas. MOTHER'S day cruise!
3rd cruise - 4/27/08 Freedom of the Seas -Western Caribbean. Freedom's 100th cruise!
4th cruise - 4/16/09 Navigator of the Seas - Cozumel/Belize.
5th cruise 11/15/10 Majesty of the Seas - Key West Nassau.
6th cruise -5/1/11 Allure of the Seas Eastern route 30th anniversary cruise
7th cruise 4/14/12 Jewel of the Seas Cozumel Costa Maya
8th cruise 4/28/13 Allure of the Seas Eastern route
9th cruise 10/28/13 Majesty of the Seas Halloween in Key West
10th cruise 5/3/14 Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean
11th cruise 4/26/15 Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean
12th cruise 4/30/16 Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
13th cruise 10/17/16 Majesty of the Seas 4 day from Port Canaveral Bahamas
14th cruise 4/29/17 Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean ABC islands.
81 great night's sleep

21 days on an Oasis class, 19 days on a Voyager class,15 days on a Sovereign class ship, 14 days on a Freedom class, 12 days on a Radiance class, .

My long signature will annoy some people. I'm ok with that.
30,998 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by BillOh
Sounds like a plan. I do love seeing great views of the ships where I can see my old cabin (I still think of them as mine). These webcams are a great reason to buy a laptop with an HDMI output. For months before going on Allure we watched every sailing on our big screen. Now that I'm a charter member of the Everglades/FLL webcam group, I'll have to use my next cruise certificate to get back on Allure again for 2013.

Bill I am here if you`re here Me too I watch on the 55`TV some times.

Just a reminder MOnarch of the Seas sails away at about 4:15 pm on the Port Canaveral Cam. www.portcanaveralwebcam.com

Liberty about 4:30 out of the Port Everglades / Ft Lauderdale webcam
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
EMMY

FUN~FEATHERS~FRIENDS
99 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Emmy... We are going on the Navigator on March 16th. I filled out the application to be fillmed and also to borrow a port cam banner. There was no mention where I would get the banner and where I return it. Would you know where your friends picked up their banner. If you don't know now, could you ask them when they return and then kindly post it on this thread?

Thanks,
Jerry
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

]