To those that bring liquor, what do you drink your drinks in?

wicruiselover

the staterooms (cabins) have some glasses in them or you could buy a carnival cup and mix it in that.

Not that I would ever bring anything onboard as it might lower my stock value if CCL doesnt get all the money they can.:)

Just got back from the Glory. We used insulated Sport Bottles that DH got from REI. Mixed up fruit punch with lemonade and some Pineapple and Coconut Rum.....mmmmmm good! It was fantastic for laying out in the sun. Otherwise, for drinking indoors, you will get some glasses and wine glasses in your cabin.

We bring insulated mugs. These work for mixed drinks or for just plain water if you're going to the gym, etc...

They are also great for coffee and hot chocolate. Whether one brings a bottle or not, an insulated mug is a cruising essential in my book.

I'm not sure about all the staterooms; but in the suites (I only know about Cat. 12), they have a wet bar. You have any and every type of glass you could need. If you run out of glasses, just ask the cabin steward to restock.

There are glasses in the bathroom and glasses by the overpriced bottled water they try to sell you. There are thousands of coffee mugs and juice/tea glasses in the Lido cafeteria. You can buy souvenir mugs and glasses in the gift shops. Sometimes a small water bottle of vodka that can be mixed into whatever your legitimate beverage de jour happens to be.

One time I drank champagne out of the bowls they have for ice cream. It was cheap (free for me) champagne and seemed appropriate enough. The cloth napkins are also good for wrapping around the bottle while pouring.

Straight out of the bottle is the most efficient method.

We took 2 insulated mugs that we had purchased at a Disney Water Park last year. They were large enough to hold about 16 oz of liquid, very colorful, held the cold in real well and no one ever asked what was inside. We did get a lot of " oh now thats a good idea comments".

Since we don't care for mixed drinks we found a combination of lemonade and fruit punch worked very well. ( I might add that the mug and the combination was a tip from the CC web boards).

Enjoy your cruise!!!:)

Is it possible to get martini glasses in your room either by calling room service or through your room steward? Thanks. :)

I'm sure you can. I've only been in a Cat. 12, and they've always been in the room when I got there along with other types of glasses.

Thanks for all the helpful and some very funny comments. I think we'll definitely bring some insulated mugs with us. One poster mentioned bringing mugs they got at a Disney water park and we actually have those same mugs but I wasn't sure if mugs of this type would be too big or "stick" out too much. It sounds like nobody questions it though. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

I'm a first time cruiser and I am just wondering how do you get the cups refilled with the "mixers". :) Do you order them from the staff or are there machines that you can dispense the drinks yourself?

I aks because I also plan to bring my own bottle on board

Archived