Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Cabin Selection Tips

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cabin Selection Tips Help on how to choose a cabin on a cruise ship.

How To Choose A Cabin from Cruise Critic
Offer up your opinions on selecting the best cabin.

Old February 14th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Carnival Victory/Triumph/Liberty Aft, Aft Wrap

I am currently booked in an aft-facing cabin on deck 7, Empress. I am thinking of moving to an aft-wrap. The only wraps available are on deck 6 or port side deck 8 (with a queen bed). We may be travelling with my elderly parents and my 2 older children and am thinking of booking them in the L-shaped balconies on deck 6 or the premium and inside on deck 8. The cost for us to upgrade from the aft-facing to aft wrap would be an extra $400..

Do you think it's worth moving from deck 7 aft-facing to an aft wrap on 6 or 8? I'm sure we'll use the extra large balcony as there will be 6 of us all together and we don't like fighting with the chair hogs on Lido. I envision my parents being able to utilize our aft wrap as well as my daughters and my parents probably returning to the ship early on port days.

Should I move now that there is availability? I haven't booked the 2nd and 3rd cabins yet, will do so in a month or so.

The availability of deck 6 is ideal, the aft-wrap can accomodate 3 people if I needed to add an additional person to that cabin. The cons are whether the lounge below on deck 5 is noisy. We've been on deck 8 before in a regular balcony and know of the chair scraping but loved being 1 deck below Lido.

decisions, decision....

Been There, Done That:
06/2014 - Carnival Splendor - New York City - Grand Turk - Half Moon Cay - Nassau, Bahamas - (spa interior)
11/2013 - Norwegian Breakaway - New York City - Port Canaveral, Florida - Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas - Nassau, Bahamas - (aft-extended balcony)
11/2012 - Carnival Victory - San Juan, Puerto Rico - St. John/St. Thomas USVI - Barbados - St. Lucia - St. Kitts - St. Maarten - (aft-wrap balcony)
11/2011 - Carnival Liberty 2.0 - Miami, Florida - Cozumel, Mexico - Xunantunich Ruins, Belize - Tabyana Beach, Roatan, Honduras - Grand Cayman Island - (balcony)
12/2005 - Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas - Miami, Florida - Nassau, Bahamas - CocoCay, Bahamas - Key West, Florida - (oceanview)

Last edited by ibcnusoon; February 14th, 2012 at 09:21 AM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 17th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Charter Member - 10,000+ Club

I would avoid deck 8. You may get chair scraping noise at night/early in the morning. And with older parents-- nah. just not worth it.

deck 6. (where is the comedy show held on the ship? you might get noise from there.

Personally deck aft is the perfect choice--away from noise areas.

. o ..
o . o o.o
...oo
__[]__
__|_o_o_o\__
""""""""""/
. .. . /
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^