Enchantment of the Seas Delayed at Cruise Maryland

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

6,036 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
Hello everyone. . .My friend is onboard Enchantment of the Seas, and has phoned me to let me know that the Ship is still docked at Cruise Maryland (at the Port of Baltimore)

Enchantment was scheduled to sail today at 4:00PM for a 9 Night Bahamas/Florida Cruise.

Capt Gus Andersson announced that there is engine trouble, and the ship will remain in Baltimore while the Coast Guard comes on board to diagnose the concern.

The Captain announced that the next report should be a 7:30PM.

I hope all is well with Enchantment of the Seas.

Radio

/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Soon !

Anthem of the Seas / June 2017

5 NEW Videos

*Oasis of the Seas 2017
*MSC Divina May 2016
*Quantum of the Seas –January 2015
*Quantum of the Seas 2 Night Pre Inaugural
*Carnival Pride 2015- Bahamas

Radio's Cruise Album
Ship Photos
Cabin Pics
Video's
Ports of Call
Photos from "LIVE" Cruises and More !
17,876 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Thanks Radio...please keep us posted.....hope all is well with our next ship!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cape Liberty Info blog
Meg's YouTube Videos

Cape Liberty Area Hotel Photos

Click ship names below to go to albums!

My Cruise History:
Explorer of the Seas x12, Freedom x 1, Serenade x2, Summit x3, Jewel x1, Adventure, x1, Grandeur x4,

Navigator x1, Enchantment, x4,
CCL Pride x3, CCL Miracle x1
, CCL Splendor x1, Norwegian Getaway x1, Quantum x 2, Anthem x2, Oosterdam x1

illegitmi non carborundum kmt
Syracuse, NY
1,472 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by Radio
Hello everyone. . .My friend is onboard Enchantment of the Seas, and has phoned me to let me know that the Ship is still docked at Cruise Maryland (at the Port of Baltimore)

Enchantment was scheduled to sail today at 4:00PM for a 9 Night Bahamas/Florida Cruise.

Capt Gus Andersson announced that there is engine trouble, and the ship will remain in Baltimore while the Coast Guard comes on board to diagnose the concern.

The Captain announced that the next report should be a 7:30PM.

I hope all is well with Enchantment of the Seas.

Radio

/
We are sailing on her on the 27th... Hopefully the guests on board get to take their trip.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
See you at the Pier!!!

Steve.

--------------------
Jewel January 9, 2005
Carnival Freedom January 12, 2008
Majesty March 8, 2010
Enchantment February 27, 2012
Enchantment February 16, 2013
Oasis January, 23 2016
Jewel January 22, 2017

Up Next:
Adventure January 20, 2018
Myrtle Beach, SC
79 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
The Captain just announced that Enchantment is waiting for a technical crew to arrive in 2 to 3 hours to assess the problem. There will be no further updates tonight. He will update in morning. That's it for now.
6,036 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
Here is the update. . .Cruise Critic Member, TPKeller just called to tell me that Capt Gus Andersson just announced at 7:30 that there will be an Assessment Team bought on board to determine the scope of the damage.

It appears that one of the engines is down. . . The Assessment Team is on the way and is scheduled to arrive by 9:30PM.

It will take the Assessment Team about 3 hours to determine a decision once onboard.

Capt Gus Andersson suggested that he will not make another announcement this evening, because he doesn't want to wake passengers up from sleep, but will announce tomorrow morning where Enchantmewnt of the Seas is at. . . Or. . .if they happen to still be at the port, hewill give details on the work.

Radio
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Soon !

5 NEW Videos

*Oasis of the Seas 2017
*MSC Divina May 2016

Radio's Cruise Album
Ship Photos
Cabin Pics
Video's
Ports of Call
7,429 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Here is the update. . .Cruise Critic Member, TPKeller just called to tell me that Capt Gus Andersson just announced at 7:30 that there will be an Assessment Team bought on board to determine the scope of the damage.

It appears that one of the engines is down. . . The Assessment Team is on the way and is scheduled to arrive by 9:30PM.

It will take the Assessment Team about 3 hours to determine a decision once onboard.

Capt Gus Andersson suggested that he will not make another announcement this evening, because he doesn't want to wake passengers up from sleep, but will announce tomorrow morning where Enchantmewnt of the Seas is at. . . Or. . .if they happen to still be at the port, hewill give details on the work.

Radio
Bet a bunch of folks will be up late wanting to know....guess it would be upwards of 1am before they will know for sure...wonder what happened to the engine.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rancher Dave

<div style="width:400px; position: relative;">
<div style="background-color: #38235b; padding: 5px 0px 5px 0px; text-align: center; width: 399px; border-left: 1px solid #372060; font-size: 11px; color: #EEE; line-height: 1.4em;">
<a style="font-size: 14px; color: #FFBF42" href="http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-widgets"><strong>Create your own travel map</strong></a> - <a style="font-size: 14px; color: #FFBF42" href="http://www.travbuddy.com"><strong>TravBuddy</strong></a><br/>
</div>
</div>

RCCL Diamond Plus / Celebrity Elite / Princess Elite / NCL / Disney
Stoughton, MA
4,105 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
How disappointing for the passengers hope they can fix the problem.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Passenger
6,036 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
The Assesment Team will make their decision at about 12:30AM. . .according to Captain Gus Andersson.

Radio

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Soon !

5 NEW Videos

*Oasis of the Seas 2017
*MSC Divina May 2016

Radio's Cruise Album
Ship Photos
Cabin Pics
Video's
Ports of Call
Reading Pa USA
1,092 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Radio, thanks for all your updates! We leave on the 27th and I hope and pray they get this fixed! I hope they fix it for the people that are already onboard. You never think something like this will happen!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

101 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Gosh, my heart goes out to fellow cruises! What a let down!

One thing for certain is that RCI is going to do everything humanly possible to get that engine fixed!

Radio, thanks for the updates!

Does anyone know if there are webcams at the Baltimore Port? I've tried googling but haven't come up with anything solid.

Best,
Sunny
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Reading Pa USA
1,092 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
I don't believe there are webcams at that port.

I sure hope this is fixable. We booked this cruise over a year ago. All the planning.

Hope the passengers onboard are getting free drinks!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

17,876 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Thanks Radio..

and no, there aren't any cameras at the port...I think Radio said that there's an inner harbor cam, but i doubt that you can see the pier...it's pretty far away...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cape Liberty Info blog
Meg's YouTube Videos

Cape Liberty Area Hotel Photos

Click ship names below to go to albums!

My Cruise History:
Explorer of the Seas x12, Freedom x 1, Serenade x2, Summit x3, Jewel x1, Adventure, x1, Grandeur x4,

Navigator x1, Enchantment, x4,
CCL Pride x3, CCL Miracle x1
, CCL Splendor x1, Norwegian Getaway x1, Quantum x 2, Anthem x2, Oosterdam x1

illegitmi non carborundum kmt
IL
7,949 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Sounds like the Enchantment is having an Adventure. ;-) Hopefully the engine problem can be fixed quickly and they can get on with their cruise. We're supposed to be on it next week, so we'll be watching this thread closely.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
You're never too old to have a great childhood!
Northern Virginia
172 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Oh I hope all is well with the ship as we sail on March 10th on this same itinerary! Hoping all onboard still have a wonderful cruise!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

June 2002~Dawn Princess Alaskan Honeymoon Cruise
March 2012~Enchantment of the Seas 10 year Anniversary Bahamas Cruise
August 2014~Carnival Miracle Family Alaskan Cruise
Albany, NY
5 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
I am currently sitting on the EOS and all Radio has been saying is true. The Capitan came over the PA to let us know that a team will be here around 9:30 to start the assessment of the ship and they will not have an answer until sometime around 1am. Needless to say tension is starting to run high on this boat. This is my first Royal Caribbean cruise and needless to say it is not starting off on a good note. Hopefully we will be at sea when I wake up tomorrow morning.
Syracuse, NY
1,472 Posts
Joined Jan 2011

Radio
Wow... Possible blown motor. How long does that take to replace??? Definately not safe to run without full power. If they get it fixed in a day, what port gets the axe so that they can still make a trip?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
See you at the Pier!!!

Steve.

--------------------
Jewel January 9, 2005
Carnival Freedom January 12, 2008
Majesty March 8, 2010
Enchantment February 27, 2012
Enchantment February 16, 2013
Oasis January, 23 2016
Jewel January 22, 2017

Up Next:
Adventure January 20, 2018
Stoughton, MA
4,105 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Thanks for the update and hoping for smooth sailings!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Passenger