Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Paul Gauguin Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old July 25th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
Your tidbits list
Emdee: although I have been on the PG 4 times, I'd love your list too. Always looking for a new something. If you could send to me at wbest00 at me dot com that would be great. those 00 are zero zero.

Upcoming: Regent Voyager Hong Kong to Beijing - Feb 5 2015. Star Princess - Rio to Santiago w/Iguazu Falls - January 25 2013; PG - Tahiti July 28 2012; Disney Dream June 2012; Sapphire Princess - Coastal - March 2012; Regent Voyager - Baltic July 2011; Princess Crown - Western Caribbean April 2011; Holland Veendam - Bermuda Aug 10; Crystal Symphony - Panama Canal Feb 10; Regent Voyager - Aust/NZ – Feb 09; Regent PG - Tahiti - July 08; Star NCL - Mexico - April 07; Diamond Princess - Mexico - March 07; Tahitian Princess - Tahiti to Hawaii - July 06; RCL - April 2006; Oceania Insignia - Athens to Barcelona - August 05; Radisson Navigator - Caribbean - March 05; Disney Magic - 10 Day - December 04; Radisson PG -Tahiti - August 04; Royal Carribean Grandeur of the Seas - Western Carribean - April 2004; Radisson Mariner - Alaska June 03; Celebrity Mercury - CA Coast April 03; Radisson PG - Tahiti August 02; Disney Wonder - Bahamas April 02; Carnival Holiday - Mexico April 00; Carnival Elation - Mexico August 99; NCL - Mexico April 95; Paquet Dolphin July 82

Old July 25th, 2012, 04:23 PM
5,000+ Club

macbest, why dont you plan on coming on the repeaters cruise?

Old July 25th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
macbest, why dont you plan on coming on the repeaters cruise?
May just have to do that! I'm so hooked...

I leave in two days and I can't even keep focused on work I'm so excited as I have done it so many times and it keeps on as the best vacation we do, and we travel a lot!

Upcoming: Regent Voyager Hong Kong to Beijing - Feb 5 2015. Star Princess - Rio to Santiago w/Iguazu Falls - January 25 2013; PG - Tahiti July 28 2012; Disney Dream June 2012; Sapphire Princess - Coastal - March 2012; Regent Voyager - Baltic July 2011; Princess Crown - Western Caribbean April 2011; Holland Veendam - Bermuda Aug 10; Crystal Symphony - Panama Canal Feb 10; Regent Voyager - Aust/NZ – Feb 09; Regent PG - Tahiti - July 08; Star NCL - Mexico - April 07; Diamond Princess - Mexico - March 07; Tahitian Princess - Tahiti to Hawaii - July 06; RCL - April 2006; Oceania Insignia - Athens to Barcelona - August 05; Radisson Navigator - Caribbean - March 05; Disney Magic - 10 Day - December 04; Radisson PG -Tahiti - August 04; Royal Carribean Grandeur of the Seas - Western Carribean - April 2004; Radisson Mariner - Alaska June 03; Celebrity Mercury - CA Coast April 03; Radisson PG - Tahiti August 02; Disney Wonder - Bahamas April 02; Carnival Holiday - Mexico April 00; Carnival Elation - Mexico August 99; NCL - Mexico April 95; Paquet Dolphin July 82

Old July 26th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the wonderful tips posted here and in other threads. Miriam, could you please also send me your tips? We are dreaming of a PG cruise next year and doing lots of research now! dreagirl73 at yahoo dot com.

What are people's opinions on the 7 day vs 10 day Tuamotos vs 11 day with Cook Islands itinerary? We are just married, in our late twenties/early thirties and realistically this may be the only time we get to FP based on the high cost and super long travel wish list we have! So want to do it right this time. We are also hoping/planning to do a few days at the Hilton Moorea before or after the cruise to get the overwater bungalow experience.

Thanks!

Old July 28th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Cool Cruiser

Our first time on the PG was the 7 dayer and when we got back we wished we had done the 10 or 11 day cruise.

Old July 29th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

We did the 10 day and were very happy we did. It's a long way to travel for a 7 day cruise, but by the end we were ready to go home. I think 7 would have felt rushed and too short! If you can swing it, do the longer one.
Carnival Imagination - March 2011
Paul Gauguin - July 2012
NCL Sky - May 2013
Disney Magic - Thanksgiving 2013
NCL Getaway - April 2014

Old July 29th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cruise differences

From my personal perspective, the main differences between the 10- or 11-night cruises are:

Some of the islands that are visited are different. I had heard that the Tuamotus have good scuba diving and snorkeling, which mattered to me.

The extra day on the longer cruise is an additional day at sea. That's not my thing, so we opted for an additional pre-cruise day. I figured we could benefit from the extra day to adjust to the time difference and make sure our luggage has arrived. Also I think we will be able to find more to do at the hotel and on Tahiti than on the ship, but I may be very wrong. I am sure my girfriend will enjoy having more time to shop.

Old July 29th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default mix it up

When we first did this cruise for a special anniversary, we did the 7 day with 2 full days in Tahiti so it really was like 3 days because they give you a day room when you arrive and you do not board till later afternoon. It was a great combo for the first time and we toured the interior of the island as well we were able to get on the ship refreshed.

Old July 29th, 2012, 09:59 PM
5,000+ Club

I think it's good that there is a mix of longer and shorter cruises. We are going for our 25 th anniversary and wanted to travel " on" the date, but our schedules did not allow us the luxury of being away for 2 weeks anytime in the next year or two. Even the 10 days we will need for a 7 night and red eyes and pre nights is going to be a challenge to manage during such a busy time in our lives. We had considered an Azamara cruise, but rejected it because all were 10 days or longer- with flights and pre nights, you are looking at 2 weeks. At this point our travel is driven more by our time budget than our money budget. One day the children will be on their own and we can leave the household for a few weeks at a time. But for now, PG got our business precisely because they offered a 7 night, and because my DH thought it looked incredibly romantic
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2002049
Jewel (S.Caribbean) photo review:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1951547
Allure (E.Caribbean) photo review:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1834584
Paul Gauguin (French Polynesia) photo review:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1729992
Galapagos Explorer 2 (Ecuador)photo review:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1702506
Jewel (W. Caribbean) photo review:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1582079
Oasis (E. Caribbean) photo review:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1539995
Twitter
@goseeittravel
Blog:
http://www.goseeittravel.com/travel-blog/

Old July 30th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default paradise anytime

Short or long it is the most romantic place so enjoy what you can it will make memories for a lifetime. We did it for our #30 and are returning this year for our #40. The first time yes we were on time budget and money now it is not as difficult so this time we are doing the Fiji to Tahiti, 11 days with extra on each side.

Old August 1st, 2012, 12:06 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Emdee. I hope I'm not too late to request your list too. We are leaving Sept. 12 on the 10-day PG cruise. My email address is j-lsheehan@comcast.net. Thanks!

Old August 4th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Emdee, I am a little late to be posting, but I am leaving in a few days for my first PG cruise and my husbands first cruise ever. If you could please send me your packing list and any help for my husband, that would be great!!!

Many thanks!
marisas316@gmail.com

Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Newbie List, Please, Emdee!

Hi Emdee

I am planning 10 days PG cruise for Tuamotus next year as well. May I get a copy of your newbie list to kng09 at hotmail dot com.

Thank you in advance for your response and list

Vina

Old October 19th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Would like the list

Emdee
Would you mind sending me the list too? My email is seg.grapevine at yahoo.com
We are going on the 11 day in March

Old October 19th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Cool Cruiser

Emdee...

We'll be sailing December 29th. Could you please send your list to

smg4412@yahoo.com Again...Thank You...Much Appreciated...

Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
My tips are specific to PG itself. It relates to FP experiences from the point of view of PG. Like for example sitting on deck with a coffee and watching the circumnavigation of Tahaa before docking at Motu Mahana ( private island).

Oceania is 1300 passengers while the PG is 325. Oceania is semi inclusive, PG is all inclusive.
PG offers very personal service ... Oceania offers... I wont say anymore my one and only experience on the line was poor.

Suggest you go on the Pacific board and ask your questions. I drop in from time to time as does TikiinTahiti who has been to FP 18 or 19 times.
Emdee, would appreciate your tips at zyxwvu at me dot com! Thank you!

Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

I would love this list as well - we are just starting to look at booking our first PG cruise.

bobandkarin@austin.rr.com

Thanks!

Old October 25th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Emdee! Yet another PG newbie here - my husband and I will be on the March 16, 2013 11-day itinerary. I'd really appreciate it if you can send me your list!

leeyaomua at g mail dot com

Thanks so much in advance!

Old October 26th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Hi Emdee

Hi Emdee,

I too would appreciate your list. We are going next year and it will be our first cruise!

Old October 26th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Oops!

Oops forgot to include my email! It's chantel.melissa at gmail dot com. Thank you!