difference between Royal Caribbean and other cruiselines

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

michigan
294 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
We have booked our next cruise on the independence of the sea and we have been on a couple of cruises on Princess & Holland ...we enjoyed them both...what differences can we expect doing a royal caribbean cruise...will we be be disappointed?...
Lansing, Michigan
1,830 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
From what alot of other folks have said about other lines compared to Royal Caribbean, the main lines are more alike than really different. Royal Caribbean features a 24 hour cafe, free pizza, buffet, pools, spas, evening shows, shopping and more. There are lots of activities onboard for the sports enthusiast. Everything from rock climbing, to flowrider surf simulator, mini golf, and basketball. The ships are clean, classy, and easy to navigate. Feel free to ask any questions or post any concerns you may have.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Explorer of the Seas 02/06/2005, 05/09/2008
Liberty of the Seas 07/19/2008
Freedom of the Seas 09/19/2010
Oasis of the Seas 12/15/2012
Celebrity Silhouette 11/22/2015

@tvandermoere
La La Land .
5,173 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
You will have The Royal Promenade on deck 5 which is nice to walk down and sit and chill at the cafe promenade and people watch , there is also the flowrider ,fun to watch if you don't want to participate ,I spent many an hour sat watching people attempt to bodyboard and surf .there's the screening room on deck 2 if you fancy catching a movie , you will love Indy and Royal Caribbean , there's plenty to do if you want activity and plenty of nice quiet spots if you want to chill out .
Rhode Island
8,497 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by lssg
We have booked our next cruise on the independence of the sea and we have been on a couple of cruises on Princess & Holland ...we enjoyed them both...what differences can we expect doing a royal caribbean cruise...will we be be disappointed?...
Princess is comparable to RCI with exception to the Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis Class shipboard amenities such as the Promenade, ice rink, rock walls, and flow riders. I haven't experience HAL but I've been told it's a lot slower paced with a higher average aged passenger and also lacking the shipboard amenities listed above.

PS: I don't think anyone here can predict if you will be disappointed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gregg