Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures > Florida Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Florida Departures
Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami & Port Canaveral & Tampa

Old May 28th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

Sometimes the most comfortable and cheap way is to hire a private van. It all depends on how many people you are travelling. There is a recent post about Transportation Costs – Taxi vs. Private Van that could also be interesting to you.

Old May 28th, 2012, 10:18 AM
10,000+ Club

Out of three cruises from Port Canaveral I have used Cocoa Beach Shuttle twice and had my own vehicle once. Cocoa Beach Shuttle has been on time and provided comfortable reasonably priced transportation each time. The one time I had my own vehicle I came to Florida on the Amtrak Auto Train. I find Port Canaveral to be a nice port to cruise from and the terminal set up is easy to understand and I have had smooth boarding processes each time. Of course you can have bad experiences anywhere you decide to cruise from, but if you base your decision to never cruise from Port Canaveral again on one poor transportation incident that is actually out of the hands of the port then so be it.
Freedom of the Seas Oct. 2011
Majesty of the Seas Nov. 2011
Monarch of the Seas May 2012
Allure of the Seas Sept. 2012
Carnival Glory May 2013
Allure of the Seas Sept. 2013
Majesty of the Seas Sept. 2013
Carnival Pride March 2014
Allure of the Seas Sept. 2014

Link to my Allure of the Seas review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ighlight=eng23

Old May 28th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Beware of Backstage Limo

Beware of Backstage Limo.We used for 13 of us (including 5 children) from MCO to Port Canaveral in April and although the driver was prompt, he was unpleasant and rude. To make matters worse, he was on his cell phone & texting constantly while driving (and was in & out of lanes). We've contacted the company a few times to make them aware of the unsafe habits of the driver and they never even bothered to respond - I guess safety isn't a top concern for them.

E. Mediterranean / Celebrity Equinox 5-27-11

S. Caribbean / Carnival Destiny 3-28-04

Old May 28th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Angry Orlando Disney Limo

Please Please PLease don't use this company! They are terrible. I wish I had researched them better before booking them for our cruise this past weekend. They are rude and apparently notoriously late. I paid for a carseat and there was none available. They were 1 1/2 hours late to pick us up. When I called to complain that they were late, the person on the line called me "the devil from hell" because I complained about their shabby service.
Use another company!

Old May 29th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Anyone used Royal Shuttle?
Their rates are:
1 Person $30.00 2 People $50.00 3 People $60.00 4 People $70.00 5 People $80.00 6 People $90.00 7 People $95.00 8 People $100.00

And lap infants are free.

As we have 4 people plus baby, this is the cheapest that I've found for that number of people.
This is from Orlando Airport to the Port or any hotels in the Port area.
As I was thinking of staying at a hotel, I asked how much it would be from hotel to the Port and was quoted $4 per person.

Old May 29th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

I was looking at different things at the PC port information and I saw another shuttle company with good rates;

http://www.cortransbus.com/html/cruise.html

I do not know anything about them - does anyone else had any experience with them ?

Old May 29th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

I would not recommend using Royal or cortranbus at all.

Search the New I work in Port Canaveral part of this site
for reputable companies.

Old June 24th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Car rental

We are flying in to Orlando Saturday night and renting a car from budget. Will drive to Port Canaveral on Monday am to take a cruise. I got the car rental for a total of $57.00 for 1 day and 13 hours. I previously had a rental reservation through Dollar rental and it was a total of 112.00. Pays to shop around. The Dollar rental was a small economy car and the one we got through Budget is a larger car. I was able to find a discount code on mousesaver.com .

We were going to take the Carnival bus back after the cruise but thinking of rental a car back so we don't have to set at the cruise terminal or airport for hours and hours.

Old June 25th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Code?

What code did you use to get a price of $57 for 1 day and 13 hours with Budget? I was only able to get it down to $75 and would love to save another $20. Thanks!

Old June 25th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

We sailed on the Freedom of the Seas 6/3 from PC. SInce there were 3 of us (all heavy packers!) arriving from different places at different times, I was hesitant to rent a car (didn't know if the bags would fit!) - but as it turned out, the rental cost was so high it was cheaper to do the shuttle. We booked the fly-snooze-cruise package with La Quinta Cocoa beach, which included round trip shuttle service between PC and MCO, as well as shuttle to the port the morning of the cruise. The shuttle was COCOA BEACH shuttle. They were totally fine - on time, pleasant, etc. The only thing is be aware since it is a shared shuttle, you may have a wait at the airport as they fill up the van/circle around to another terminal, as well as multiple stops at hotels, and if yours is the end of the line (as ours was) it can be annoying. The shuttle may also be very full (they don't want to leave empty if they don't have to as they are charged a fee every time they enter the airport or port), so if you have personal space issues this could bug you. We were totally fine with all of it. Would recommend! They were in contact with me by phone and email to reconfirm, and pleasant to work with.
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas 6-3-12 Eastern Caribbean -- Review here http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...EntryID=104236
Carnival Destiny April 2003 Southern Caribbean
Princess Dawn Princess 2001 Southern Caribbean

Upcoming
Carnival Conquest December 2014 Southern Caribbean
My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to the Caribbean on 12/07/2014 aboard the Carnival Conquest! Visit Carnival.com to see all Caribbean cruises.

Old June 30th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Transportation to Port Canaveral from Orlando

This October will be our 6th cruise out of Port Canaveral (and we can't wait!).
We choose shuttle services rather than rent a car (pain in the butt) or those darn buses at the airport (feel like cattle being herded). Our 3rd time we went with a shuttle service you listed (port canaveral cruise shuttleS) only 3 words; never ever again. Horrible service and for what? to save $5 or $10 ea.? A big fat NO to them for sure. A friend told us that Cocoa Bch shuttle was ok, so we tried them on our 4th cruise and it was so-so. We didn't like the waiting though (we sat in the shuttle for 36 mins. before the shuttle left for the airport....NOT fun). Our 5th cruise was where we finally figured out the best way to go. We tried PortCanaveralShuttleService.com and they were very good (surprisingly good). Their price was low but the service was excellent (on time, very clean shuttle, uniformed driver, nice office staff and very easy to make reservations with.) Now we know better for our 6th cruise and we are so much looking forward to it (we are cruise fanatics). Hope this helps you avoid the pitfalls. Have a great cruise! Maybe we'll see you there!

Old November 11th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

..great info here!! thanks!!
CARNIVAL SPIRIT 2/28/2003
CARNIVAL DESTINY 10/12/2003
CARNIVAL VICTORY 3/14/2004
CARNIVAL VALOR 1/16/2005
CARNIVAL LEGEND 10/12/2005
CARNIVAL DESTINY 9/17/2006
CARNIVAL DESTINY 1/03/2009
CARNIVAL VALOR 9/20/2009 PLATINUM
CARNIVAL IMAGINATION 2/08/2010
CARNIVAL IMAGINATION 11/1/2010
CARNIVAL DREAM 1/12/2013

Old May 25th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Transportation port canaveral

We use Beachside Transportation service 321-322-8242 when we went on our cruise out of port canaveral we couldnt be more happy with there service. there drive was waiting at the airport tracking us on there flight tracker. and call me as soon as our plane landed to assure he was there waiting for us. the van was very nice and clean with plenty of head room flat screen for the kids. and on the pick up from the port he was there agian waiting for us a the entrance, GREAT SERVICE FOR A GREAT PRICE

Old May 25th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

We use Beachside Transportation service 321-322-8242 when we went on our cruise out of port canaveral we couldnt be more happy with there service. there drive was waiting at the airport tracking us on there flight tracker. and call me as soon as our plane landed to assure he was there waiting for us. the van was very nice and clean with plenty of head room flat screen for the kids. and on the pick up from the port he was there agian waiting for us a the entrance, GREAT SERVICE FOR A GREAT PRICE

Old May 25th, 2013, 02:44 PM
10,000+ Club

Wow - you resurrected this thread from 6+months ago!

Old May 26th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachguy51 View Post

2 posts from someone recommending a company that no one has
heard of.

Old May 28th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Renting a car was the best for us.

For our May 11-18 cruise, we rented a car and picked it up at MCO after arriving in Orlando at 9:30 am. We met and picked up friends at the Sheraton Hotel; chatted with others in the lobby; grabbed a snack at a deli; purchased wine; even stopped at Walmart and arrived at Port Canaveral by 1 pm (only because were were slowly making our way). The cost for the rental car was $50 bucks or so and we got less than $5 of gas. Three were dropped of at the port and the driver returned the car with a free shuttle back to the port. It took him less than 1.5 hour to see us again on the ship.

After the seven-day cruise, we rented a car with Dollar again (literally just before disembarking at Port Canaveral at 9:30 am because yes, we forgot to rent one for the return to MCO). We had a late departure of 9:00 pm to fly back home, so the rental was great! The shuttle bus picked us up and we rode for about 20 minutes. Upon getting the car, we headed to Cocoa Beach and then Downtown Disney (with a stop for late lunch before heading to the airport around 7 pm.

We would rent a car again if embarking at Port Canaveral.

Old June 1st, 2013, 06:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

we used Executive VIP limo, minivan service for 4 people was $110 one way (port to MCO), very prompt, met us as we walked off the ship, didn't charge until we got to the airport. Best part was NOT waiting for the shuttle buses to fill up before you could leave! RCCL transfers were $37.50 pp

Old June 1st, 2013, 07:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

We would rent a car again if embarking at Port Canaveral.[/quote]

I echo this sentiment. We sailed RCCL Freedom last year, and rented a car from MCO to the port, and then did another rental at the end of the cruise back to MCO. I paid about $110.00 in TOTAL. That includes the rental, tolls, and gas. For four of us, way less expensive than any transportation I could find. It was an easy drive. I love the freedom renting my own wheels gives me. We swung in to Target to pick up some last minute things we needed, we grabbed a bite for dinner then stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. Turned our rental in next door to them (I think it was Hertz we used on the way to the port) and grabbed their shuttle to the ship the next morning. Then, when we got back, I had rented from another company, can't recall which one, there are several close to the port, and took their shuttle from the port to their building and got another rental back to the air port. We had a very late flight, so it was nice to be able to do some shopping, go to dinner, and not have to sit in the airport all day. I rented one day rentals from two different companies because I had two different coupon vouchers for deals. They are easy to get, you can even find coupon codes online and book online. Easy. If you are someone who doesn't want to have to be bothered to rent a car, drive yourself to the port and figure out all the details, this won't be your cup of tea. But, if you are like me, and want to have control over what you do and when you do it, and don't mind the details, renting a car is the way to go. It really couldn't be any easier to do.
Anthem of the Seas 3 night March 2016
Independence of the Seas Western April 2016

Past Sailings:
Norwegian Pearl to Alaska Aug 2014;Liberty of the Seas 2/2014; Carnival Fantasy 8/2013; Carnival Glory 6/2013 ;Freedom of the Seas 4/2012 ;Disney Wonder 4/2009 ;Serenade of the Seas 3/2008; Majesty of the Seas 4/2007
Explorer of the Seas 3/2005

Old June 1st, 2013, 07:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

If you stay at Radisson at Port and book the shuttle thru the hotel you get a discount. They use Cocoa Beach Shuttle.