Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines

Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals.

Write a Carnival Review

NEW! Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call

Old April 10th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Any perks for Cunard World Club members on Carnival?

As you know, Carnival owns Cunard, and I am a World Club Diamond member on Cunard; their highest level.

With Celebrity I am "Elite" in the Captains Club (also their highest level), and instantly became "Diamond" in RCI's Crown and Anchor Club (not their highest level, but close enough), even though I never sailed on RCI!

Not here to brag, just curious and providing the facts.

I'm hoping to permanently relocate to our house in Florida within the next year from New Jersey, and Carnival could be a decent 3-5 night getaway for us. I'm just considering my options aside from RCI and other lines.

In essence, how does Carnival treat Cunard World Club members? Like we don't exist?

Lou Betti
Boca Raton, FL

The late, great Regal Empress. One of the
longest serving passenger ships of all time.
...............1953 to 2009.....................

On board QE2 for the last trans-Atlantic
of the 20th Century, December 1999 & 2000

On board QM2 for her maiden trans-Atlantic
to New York, April 2004

I love to cruise, but my flying comes first!
Cessna 210N Turbo Centurion.

44 cruises since 1985 and I am too lazy to mention them all! However, I do own the Builder's Certificate to the the RMS Queen Elizabeth. A lot of good that does me! Ships sailed on: Costa Riviera. Home Lines Atlantic. Cunard QE2 & QM2. Premier Cruise's Sea Breeze & Rembrandt. Celebrity Zenith, Century, Galaxy & Millennium. Bahamas Celebration, and my favorite ship of all, Regal Empress! Cunard Diamond, Celebrity Elite, RCI Diamond (and I've yet to sail on RCI!!)

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 10th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

You sure you want to slum it with the commoners?

Past Cruises
Caribbean Princess - 05/11 Caribbean & Bermuda
Carnival Spirit - 03/10 - Southern Mexico Rivera
Sapphire Princess - 01/10 - Mexican Rivera
RCL Mariner of the Seas - 07/09 - Mexican Rivera
Carnival Valor - 05/09 - Western Caribbean
Carnival Pride - 03/08 - Mexican Rivera

Old April 10th, 2012, 06:10 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubetti View Post
As you know, Carnival owns Cunard, and I am a World Club Diamond member on Cunard; their highest level.

With Celebrity I am "Elite" in the Captains Club (also their highest level), and instantly became "Diamond" in RCI's Crown and Anchor Club (not their highest level, but close enough), even though I never sailed on RCI!

Not here to brag, just curious and providing the facts.

I'm hoping to permanently relocate to our house in Florida within the next year from New Jersey, and Carnival could be a decent 3-5 night getaway for us. I'm just considering my options aside from RCI and other lines.

In essence, how does Carnival treat Cunard World Club members? Like we don't exist?

On Carnival, if you are a past guest on any sister cruise line... you get the past guest rate....so I am assuming that the same would apply here.

But that is all you would get.

Carnival and Cunard do not reciprocate their perks.

However, since Cunard and Princess were purchased together, I have been told that those 2 cruise lines DO reciprocate.

So perhaps Princess is a better fit if you want the perks.

COMPLETES THE FLEET

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
22 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale) ONLY Double Milestone under the age of 21 in the world.....woo hoo!!
Showing the world what a kid with Autism can do!!!
25 year old son... finally DIAMOND (college got in the way). About to "cruise more than all of us under the water" as a. Naval Officer.

Holiday Ship On A Stick with a MARBLE base...

Old April 10th, 2012, 07:17 PM
20,000+ Club

Wish carnival would recriprocate but they have decided each line stands alone.

Old April 10th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Dont think there are any perks transferable, except maybe past guest rate, per another poster.

Loubetti, after having been on Cunard and Celebrity, I do hope that you know Carnival cruises will not be anywhere near or anything like what you are used to.

Im not putting them down, just saying, that there are differences, and as long as you know that, and what to expect or not to expect, you should be ok. Curnard and Celebrity and Carnival do differ.

Personally I love Carnival, but that is who I am used to. Did one Celebrity cruise years ago, and loved it, but Carnival is all I can afford these days. I just know what to expect.

Old April 10th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

@ original poster....NOPE NADA NOTHING! I am Diamond w/ Cunard and Platinum w CCL and NOPE NADA NOTHING!

Althought not because of Cunard but cruising in general if you are showing loyalty to more than one brand it would be nice to somehow give a little something of approcation extra....one can wish!

Old April 10th, 2012, 11:53 PM
10,000+ Club

The only thing Princess and Cunard reciprocate is the member number. My Princess Captain's Circle number and Cunard World Club number are the same. Princess and P&O do combine, however. EM
Queen Elizabeth 15 May 2013 4 nights Inside
Celebrity Infinity 16 April 2013 B2B San Diego to Harwich 27 nights OV/Concierge
Nieuw Amsterdam Mediterranean 4/30 - 5/24/2012 24 nights Inside
Millennium B2B2B 2/6-20/2012 Caribbean 14 nights Concierge/Inside/Inside
Caribbean Princess 10/29/2011 Caribbean Islander NY to FLL 10 nights Mini-suite
Celebrity Solstice 5/1/2011 FLL to Barcelona 13 nights Concierge
Carnival Fascination 2/28/11 Bahamas 5 nights OV
Queen Mary 2 12/8/2010 Caribbean Delights 11 nights Balcony
Celebrity Summit 10/24/10 B2B NY to San Juan 13 nights OV/Balcony
Emerald Princess 8/29/10 Western Caribbean 7 nights Inside
Diamond Princess 5/29/10 B2B Alaska Inside
Westerdam 2/7/10 Eastern & Southern Caribbean 14 nights Inside
Carnival Dream 10/27/09 Transatlantic 16 nights Cove balcony
Carnival Sensation 6/18/09 Bahamas 3 nights inside
Carnival Splendor 5/17/09 B2B Mexi-not to Canada 14 nights 4J inside
Oosterdam 2/28/09 San Diego to Rome 32 nights OV
Carnival Fascination 12/13/08 Bahamas 5 nights Inside
Queen Elizabeth 2 7/31/08 Lands of Fire and Ice 12 nights OV
Celebration 3/27/08 Bahamas 4 nights Porthole
Celebration 1/26/08 Bahamas 5 nights Inside
Norwegian Spirit 10/20/07 CTN 1 night Inside
Elation 4/23/07 B2B Bahamas 10 nights Inside
Zenith 8/2006 Bermuda 7 nights OV
Calypso 7/2005 Greek Isles 4 nights Inside
Star Princess Inaugural 2/2002 Pacific Rim Singapore to LA 26 nights Balcony
Millennium 8/2000 Baltic 14 nights Balcony
Fantasy 6/1999 Bahamas 4 nights Porthole
Royal Princess 1/1999 Buenos Aires to Manaus 14 nights OV
Home Lines Oceanic x 2 1973 NYC to Nassau 7 nights
Homes Lines Homeric x2 Eastern Caribbean 1972 10 nights

Old April 11th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky8 View Post
Dont think there are any perks transferable, except maybe past guest rate, per another poster.

Loubetti, after having been on Cunard and Celebrity, I do hope that you know Carnival cruises will not be anywhere near or anything like what you are used to.

Im not putting them down, just saying, that there are differences, and as long as you know that, and what to expect or not to expect, you should be ok. Curnard and Celebrity and Carnival do differ.

Personally I love Carnival, but that is who I am used to. Did one Celebrity cruise years ago, and loved it, but Carnival is all I can afford these days. I just know what to expect.
Sparky,

Thanks to you and others for the reply, and I do know! Carnival will never be Cunard or Celebrity, but...

Also notice below what my favorite ship is (was). Granted, that was made special by knowing the captain, so maybe I.... well, I can make my own fun, and chart my own "course" on a cruise ship.

Frankly, I'd just like to see a Joe Farcus interior, and preferably an earlier one on an older ship! Really, the man is quite talented.

You have to read the book "Liners to the Sun" by famous ocean liner history author John Maxtone Graham. He actually took a Carnival cruise once (many, many years ago) and wrote about it in the book. He, like I think I would, made it work for him, and really didn't have much bad to say. Though I expect the food was much better back then.

If a past guest discount is all I get, fine. A cruise and a ship is what you make of it, and after almost 4 dozen of them, I'd like to think I could deal with it, and navigate my way to my own pleasure.

Lou Betti
Boca Raton, FL

to New York, April 2004

44 cruises since 1985 and I am too lazy to mention them all! However, I do own the Builder's Certificate to the the RMS Queen Elizabeth. A lot of good that does me! Ships sailed on: Costa Riviera. Home Lines Atlantic. Cunard QE2 & QM2. Premier Cruise's Sea Breeze & Rembrandt. Celebrity Zenith, Century, Galaxy & Millennium. Bahamas Celebration, and my favorite ship of all, Regal Empress! Cunard Diamond, Celebrity Elite, RCI Diamond (and I've yet to sail on RCI!!)

Last edited by loubetti; April 11th, 2012 at 10:07 PM.

Old April 11th, 2012, 10:08 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Sparky,

Thanks, and I know! Carnival will never be Cunard or Celebrity, but...

Also notice below what my favorite ship is (was). Granted, that was made special by knowing the captain, so maybe I.... well, I can make my own fun, and chart my own "course" on a cruise ship.

Frankly, I'd just like to see a Joe Farcus interior, and preferably an earlier one on an older ship! Really, the man is quite talented.
Lou, if you're interested in older Farcus my choice would be Carnival Victory. She has a fair amount of the "neon" that Farcus is famous for while having some really nicely-designed lounges. She does have what I call "What was Farcus thinking?" areas (the dining rooms and the Black and Red Seas lounge come to mind), but overall she's one of my favorites.

Kathy

Carnival Victory, 6/28/04; Carnival Conquest, 7/3/05; Carnival Legend, 6/29/06; Carnival Victory, 8/31/06; Carnival Liberty, 2/17/07; Carnival Victory, 8/11/07; Carnival Valor, 2/17/08; Carnival Victory, 8/18/08; Carnival Glory, 2/14/09; Carnival Miracle, 7/19/09; Carnival Conquest, 2/14/10; Carnival Pride, 7/4/10; Carnival Glory, 9/2/10; Carnival Glory, 7/2/11; Carnival Fantasy, 8/13/11; Carnival Pride, 7/1/12; Carnival Glory, 8/6/12; Carnival Legend, 7/3/13; Carnival Miracle, 7/15/14; Carnival Glory, 8/2/14.

Old April 11th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks, Kathy, but I'd probably only do 3-5 nights, not sure if Victory does those.

However, I once visited one of the original Carnival ships at New York, the Festivale. It was neat to see Farcus combined with Union Castle decor! Of course, she is long gone now.

Lou Betti
Boca Raton, FL

to New York, April 2004

Old April 12th, 2012, 07:22 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Thanks, Kathy, but I'd probably only do 3-5 nights, not sure if Victory does those.

However, I once visited one of the original Carnival ships at New York, the Festivale. It was neat to see Farcus combined with Union Castle decor! Of course, she is long gone now.
Victory will be doing 4-5 night cruises out of Miami when she repositions next year. Looks like they start at the beginning of February.

Kathy

Carnival Victory, 6/28/04; Carnival Conquest, 7/3/05; Carnival Legend, 6/29/06; Carnival Victory, 8/31/06; Carnival Liberty, 2/17/07; Carnival Victory, 8/11/07; Carnival Valor, 2/17/08; Carnival Victory, 8/18/08; Carnival Glory, 2/14/09; Carnival Miracle, 7/19/09; Carnival Conquest, 2/14/10; Carnival Pride, 7/4/10; Carnival Glory, 9/2/10; Carnival Glory, 7/2/11; Carnival Fantasy, 8/13/11; Carnival Pride, 7/1/12; Carnival Glory, 8/6/12; Carnival Legend, 7/3/13; Carnival Miracle, 7/15/14; Carnival Glory, 8/2/14.