Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:43 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mscruisin View Post
I am still waiting to hear about the additional charges as well. I found out the cruise was cancelled the day after we arrived in PR. I know what you mean about the stress that followed that announcement. It's not easy making changes when you are already there. I contacted my independent travel insurance company and they won't cover anything as they say mechanical issues are the cruise lines fault and they should cover the costs that I incurred. Hope we hear something from Princess soon.
Even though I agree that Princess should cover the extra fees you incurred, I find it disturbing that the insurance company is also denying the charges as well. It make me really wonder what other potential problems the insurance companies will deny.

I am really sorry about the losses you incurred as well as the lost vacation opportunity. Keep fighting! I got aggravated at the customer service we recieved when our airplane broke down on the way back from our trip. After I complained to the airlines customer service, I received compensation above and beyond what I expected. I'm guessing that they value repeat customers more than the few dollars they originally shorted me.

Carnival Freedom March 23-31, 2013 review:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1813518

Caribbean Princess April 1-8 , 2012 review:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1604918

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 24th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

I was told the same thing by my independent insurer. Delays due to mechanical difficulties are covered, but not cancellations...and still awaiting a cheque from Princess for my non-cruise related items
Exploration Majestic Explorer- Tahiti 1986
Royal Olympic Stella Maris II Greek Islands 1988
Royal Olympic Stella Oceanis- Greek Islands 1989
Royal Olympic Stella Solaris- Greek Islands 1990
Royal Olympic World Renaissance- Greek Islands 1992
Raddison Seven Seas Song of Flower- Aqaba to Athens 1994
HAL Nieuw Amsterdam III- Alaska 1996
CostaVictoria- Western Med 1999
Premier Cruiseline Majestic -Caribbean 2000
Uniworld Russian River Cruise 2000
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas – Transatlantic 2001
Golden Princess Europe 2002
HAL Rotterdam – Transatlantic 2002
NCL SS Noway- Western Caribbean 1991
Golden Princess- Transatlantic 2003
Royal Olympic Voyager- Eastern Med 2004
Norwegian Dawn- Florida/Bahamas 2004
Golden Princess- Mexican Riviera 2005
Celebrity Constellation- Canada/New England 2005
Celebrity Infinity- Alaska 2006
HAL Westerdam- Eastern Caribbean 2006
Celebrity Century- Eastern Caribbean 2007
NCL Norwegian Dawn- Bermuda 2008
NCL Gem Western Med 2009
NCL Jewel Bahamas 2010
Carnival Glory Canada/New England 2011
Grand Princess - Scandinavia June 2012
NCL Epic Western Med Sept 2012
NCL Jewel Bahamas Dec 2012
NCL Breakaway Transatlantic April 2013
NCL Breakaway Bahamas April 2014

Old April 24th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSue View Post
Even though I agree that Princess should cover the extra fees you incurred, I find it disturbing that the insurance company is also denying the charges as well. It make me really wonder what other potential problems the insurance companies will deny.

I am really sorry about the losses you incurred as well as the lost vacation opportunity. Keep fighting! I got aggravated at the customer service we recieved when our airplane broke down on the way back from our trip. After I complained to the airlines customer service, I received compensation above and beyond what I expected. I'm guessing that they value repeat customers more than the few dollars they originally shorted me.
Maybe it's something with planes in Puerto Rico. Our flight home had mechanical problems as well and we were delayed 4 hours but did leave that day and made our connection in Philadelphia by the skin of our teeth. I think this vacation was jinxed from the start. Our insurance company said they would have covered things if it had have been medical. We have used the same company in the past and have made 2 separate claims for damages to rental cars(no fault of ours) and they handled everything to our satisfaction. I guess this is not an issue that happens very often. Thank goodness or I think I would give up cruising.