I'm a newbie cruiser, and need some advice.
Planning a cruise for 5 for my 10 year wedding anniversary, and eek! 40th birthday!
The 5 includes hubby, me, and three children (7 year old, and 2.5 year old twins).
I've narrowed it down to 4 day cruise between 1) Disney Dream and 2) Norwegian Sky. Both going to Bahamas.
1. Thoughts on either one of these ships? We can probably get an oceanview with Disney and an Owner's Suite with NCL (twice the amount of room) for the same price.
2. How do you get from the airport to either hotel or port without car seats? And, how much is this going to cost? We are not planning on bringing our car seats, and if we rent a car, we will rent with car seats.
3. Can you rent a mini van (with car seats for the day)? Pick up at airport, and drop off at Port and vice versa?
4. Can you bring a stroller on the cruise?
5. What do you do when you're docked? How do you visit the city (Bahamas, etc) with kids? Do you have to pay?
If you have any thoughts/ideas or even what other questions I should be thinking about, please let me know!
I'm trying to wrap my head around all of this, and the main issue I have right now is how to get to and from places.