Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old March 29th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Default Member Reviews of the Week by tlmorga2, jeph, tlmoose, Greenesailor & Michigander21!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Cruise Critic Swag-- we hope they enjoy it!

Carnival Paradise Time of our lives!!! by tlmorga2
So me and my 3 friends wanted to escape reality and decided to spring for a cruise during my spring break. We wanted it to be cheap and simple so we choose an interior stateroom for all four of us on the Carnival Paradise for a 4 day cruise to Cozumel. Since the Paradise leaves from Tampa and we live 10 minutes from the port this was the perfect option for us. We packed up and left for a vacation we knew we would always remember. *We are college aged but my experience in the tourism and travel industry has been very extensive, so I was assessing the boat while having a wild and crazy spring break too. However I will be very thorough in my review for future cruisers of all ages. Continue reading... Time of our lives!!!

Norwegian Spirit Same time, next year! by jeph
This trip was planned more than a year in advance, to give myself a tropical getaway, inspired by the atrocious blizzard-a-week winter of 2010-11. (Of course, the winter in which the trip actually took place has hardly been a winter at all, with temps hitting a freakish 30 degrees above normal within two weeks of my return to Massachusetts! But no matter...) As with any pretty much any cruise I take, despite having favorite lines, it always comes down to itinerary for me in the end. I had been to Cozumel before-- nearly every cruise to the western Caribbean hits that port-- but the others on the list were all new to me, despite numerous previous trips to the Caribbean basin. I could just as easily have gone from Tampa on the Star, visiting the same ports-- but the opportunity to make it a "two-fer", by starting and ending the trip from New Orleans, made the choice of the Spirit a no-brainer. I had long wanted to spend a few days in the city, and this was my first time there. Continue reading... Same time, next year!

Star Princess One Extreme Trip! by tlmoose
We started our trip in Alaska (lat. 62N, -22F) and spent a week touring Cusco (11,000 ft altitude) and Machu Picchu before reaching the ship. With an apartment in Santiago's Providencia neighborhood, we had easy access to shopping and restaurants. Three days there allowed us to decompress and enjoy a bit of southern hemisphere summer. Getting to Valparaiso was easy because I booked a wine tour with Al Ramirez's Boutique Wine Tours who I found through www.TourGuidesChile.com. (He designs his tours to meet your interests -- he recommended wineries specializing in white wines for us.) They picked us up in Santiago with a van big enough to handle the three of us plus our six bags. We visited two wineries (complete with tastings), had a picnic lunch on a patio next to the vineyards, and then they delivered us directly to our B&B in Valparaiso. In one of my e-mails I'd asked about touring Valparaiso, so Al himself stopped by after work to give us a walking tour of the old city. Now that's service. This was our best day in Chile! Continue reading... One Extreme Trip!

Celebrity Eclipse An Absolutely Wonderful Cruise (lengthy review) by Greenesailor
This is my first review on Cruise Critic after hanging around on this board for many months! We left Greenville, SC around 3pm Thursday, March 8 and drove to Jacksonville, FL and stayed at the Hyatt Place near the airport. Wonderful hotel and I would definitely recommend it. We left early Friday morning for our trip to Ft. Lauderdale. We stayed at the Hampton Inn and it was good but not great. Saturday morning, I woke early with so much excitement for our embarkation day! We got to the Cruise terminal by 10:15 and were one of the first few to enter the waiting area. They call you by stateroom type. We were the first there in Aqua Class and no one was there for suites so we were the first to go through the line! I was so excited... only to find out we had to go to another waiting area. I had read about people sometimes being able to board by 10:30 but unfortunately, there was a hang up and we were not able to board until 11:45. After our picture, we were met with Mimosa, champagne and orange juice. Continue reading... An Absolutely Wonderful Cruise (lengthy review)

Eurodam First Time Cruiser by Michigander21
I returned from my first cruise about a week ago, and I had a great time. Reviews I read here (and on a hotel review site that I can't remember the name of) were very helpful to me, so I'm writing some detailed impressions as a way to say "thank you" in the hope that I can help other prospective cruisers. It's important to understand that I didn't have a typical first cruise experience because it was a gift so that my domestic partner and I could participate in a family celebration on board. That means there were 14 friends and family members on the cruise, all experienced cruisers, who could answer questions and guide us. Partly as a result, we didn't meet any new people since we spent almost all of our time with folks who were already in our lives. We're both gay and in our sixties, and we have traveled together in the US, Canada, and Europe. Continue reading... First Time Cruiser

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; March 30th, 2012 at 01:11 PM.

Ad Sponsored By