alcohol in soda bottles, will it work??

I took a pint of vodka and put it in my checked luggage with no problem. They will ask if you have anything in your carry-on and you are allowed wine, but they didn't search it or anything. Do a search and you'll find lots of suggestions about taking liquor on board.

Bringing the stuff on board in checked luggage is one thing--carrying it on is another-= by right-- they could confiscate it if its opened. Airprosrts are the same way. Leave it in the original container and check it with the porters atr the pier

There's no need to camoflage it unless you are going to bring it in your carry-on. Yea, they do x-ray all luggage, checked and carry-on, but they're looking for bombs, not alcohol. I doubt that they visually inspect many, if any, bags that are checked. I have seen carry-on bags searched, so if you plan on carrying liquor aboard, you might want to transfer it to a soft drink bottle or something. You are allowed to bring one bottle of wine or champagne. So, put that and some soft drinks in your carry-on and put the hard stuff in your checked luggage in original plastic bottles. That's what we do. Never had a problem.

Hey thanks for all the info! Ill just put some grey goose and bacardi in sprite bottles and maybe some crown royal in some coke bottles ;) :D

Nick

Nick: Try disguising the crown royal in an Nestea container if you're worried about it. I wish grey goose came in plastic bottles.....I'm going to just pack it in my checked luggage and not worry about it....have a great cruise!

Laurie

I bought some leak-proof travel bottles from the Container Store...they sell little labels for them too. Things like "Hairspray" and "Astringent"...worked like a charm - even in our carry-ons.

I know Norwegian makes you drink your stuff if it's in water bottles, etc. to prove that it's not liquor. My aunt had to drink her "water" in front of security. LOL What a riot. :p

She did it without even flinching. :eek:

Baileys in a Yahoo plastic bottle! There is all sorts of "tricks" to stash it but keep in mind Carnival and all other lines read our posts. They know the routine by now and yes they have been know to open a non-sealed plastic bottle of coke and sniff it. No big deal they just keep it for you until the last night of the cruise. Usually the little stuff they let fly but you start bringing on board the coke in the 3 liter bottles that's another issue. I know and saw on my last NCL cruise on the Majesty that the checked luggage was "saved" until you picked it up in person in a room on the ship. On the outside of the luggage I saw the half gallon bottles of Jack Daniels and 2 liter coke bottles sitting in front of your "gone through" suitcase. They can get serious. Is it worth it?

My mom puts Captain Morgan in Listerine bottles:eek: My DH refuses to do that, he just leaves it in the bottle and puts it in the checked luggage (make sure and put it in some plastic bags just in case!!)

I went on a cruise with my dad and step-mother. They each had two 2-liter bottles that they had filled with Long Island iced teas. I thought for sure that they would never make it on the ship with them (especially the one that was in the Sprite bottle), but they walked right on with it in their carry on. No one blinked an eye. If I had known that it was that easy, I would have brought my own stash!! Of course that's not to say that Carnival won't promptly confiscate it the next time:)

I have brought a bottle of coconut flavored rum, in its original plastic bottle, in my checked luggage on almost every cruise with no problem.

Isn't that like trying to smuggle cubans out of the port of Miami?

My hope is that I bring a bottle (or several) of coconut flavored rum back from my cruise.

I had no problem getting a bottle of bourbon onboard in my checked luggage. Never got around to drinking much of it and had no problem smuggling it back off. Next time I will save myself the trouble.

MexicoBob

Alcohol in soda cans ? What is this like Michael Jackson action ? OK, if your going to be that chinnsey, just don't take the cruise.... You shouldn't half to do stuff like that on vacation.... A cruise is a trip that you should save for and not be tight about.... I understand drinks can get pricey, but if you want a quick buzz, you can surely take care of that on the cheap at your next shore excursion... Am I making sense at all, anyone else agree with me on that one ???? :confused:

I wonder if "I'm not thirsty and I have to pee really bad!" is a good enough cop out on the NCL thing?

NCL are such ****'s when it comes to alcohol...sheesh! It's one of the reasons I won't sail them again. It's not that I take a lot of booze, I only took 1 bottle of wine and 1 of rum, but they're so maniacal about it it made me crazy. They've got a line going out the door at embarkation in a hot terminal, and they make everyone open their water bottles to drink from them. Nice way to welcome your "guests" aboard! God forbid someone have a drink in their room without NCL getting their $6.95.

Can you tell this is a sore subject for me?;)

Alcohol in soda cans ? What is this like Michael Jackson action ? OK, if your going to be that chinnsey, just don't take the cruise.... You shouldn't half to do stuff like that on vacation.... A cruise is a trip that you should save for and not be tight about.... I understand drinks can get pricey, but if you want a quick buzz, you can surely take care of that on the cheap at your next shore excursion... Am I making sense at all, anyone else agree with me on that one ???? :confused:

I don't recall EVER seeing ANYONE talk about booze in cans. Nor have I heard of anyone speaking of a "quick buzz".

Some of us don't feel "chinnsey" packing extra booze. Many of us spend BIG BUCK on our "Sign and Sail" cards. Believe me, the cruise lines make plenty of money on us.

I find your post rather offensive. I'd be curious to compare how much money Carnival has made on you, as opposed to me.:rolleyes:

Nanette, I agree... I found it offensive to. If I want to bring a bottle along so I can have a drink on my balcony at any time I want, without having to go to the bar or wait for it.... if I want to have a drink before dinner or after the bars close in my cabin, that does not make me cheap... Carnival does not go hurting with my S&S bill, that's for sure, I have no guilt. However, I don't go to the lengths some go to... I pack it along in it's original container.... the minute it becomes "work" is the minute I say "forget it!!!!!" It's vacation :D

Nanette, I agree... I found it offensive to. If I want to bring a bottle along so I can have a drink on my balcony at any time I want, without having to go to the bar or wait for it.... if I want to have a drink before dinner or after the bars close in my cabin, that does not make me cheap... Carnival does not go hurting with my S&S bill, that's for sure, I have no guilt. However, I don't go to the lengths some go to... I pack it along in it's original container.... the minute it becomes "work" is the minute I say "forget it!!!!!" It's vacation :D

I've read some of your past posts....I'll bet we'd be GREAT cruise-buddies!;)

I've read some of your past posts....I'll bet we'd be GREAT cruise-buddies!;)

LOL Nanette, I'm sure we would! I know you love the Conquest, you should join us on the Saints and Sinners in 06!!! It's a great group!!!!!! And yes, we do smuggle some alcohol :D :eek:

Archived