Holland Eurodam 9 /15 -17 days
Celeberity Xpedition 11/15 - 10 days
Holland Prinsendam 11/15 - 25 days
Holland Volendam 2/16 -28 days
Holland Volendam 3/16 - 30 days
Holland Volendam 3/16 - 35 days

Old May 17th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Moi? Pont du Gard? Qui! Had a really nice visit. I was not Chatau Neuf du Pape tour on mine, I don't drink. I think it was the Uzes trip.

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperantei View Post
I will try to answer some of the questions I've seen on this board. But you can read all about the trip on my blog at http://www.riverroyale.weebly.com. There are a few photos but not too many on the ship.
Very nice blog. Thank you for taking the time to write it and for sharing.

Jacquie
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." ~ Mark Twain

Royal Viking Sky '83; Royal Caribbean Nordic Prince '84; Royal Viking Sea '85; Royal Viking Sky '87; RCCL Grandeur 2000; RCCL Radiance 2001; Tahitian Princess 2002; Diamond Princess 2004; Tahitian Princess 2006; Azamara Quest Holiday 2007 Panama Canal; Oceania Insignia 'Mediterranean Tapestry' July 2009; Oceania Insignia 'Secrets of South America' February 2011; Avalon Scenery/Creativity 'The Grand France' June/July 2012; Oceania Marina 'Cultural Connoisseur' London/Barcelona September 2013

Old May 26th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

We just completed the Arles to Chalon-sur-Saone trip on the River Royale and we rate it 5 stars in all main categories. My brief post in the RR reviews area should be posted in a couple days. Couldn't/didn't add much to the reviews by the two folks who were on this shhip just ahead of us in April as they totally nailed it with their comments--right on!The only thing I would strongly suggest is to spend some time in Aix-en-Provence & the surrouding areas of Gordes, St. Remy, and the Camargue--spectacular scenery and local color!! St. Remy has a wonderful museum & exhibits to Van Gogh as he was hospitalized there and created more than 100 works during his stay.
We stayed 3 nights in Aix at the Aquabella which was very reasonably priced, great service and perfect location just 3-4 blocks to Cours Mirabeau area. Stayed one night prior to boarding ship in Arles at the Hotel Le Belvedere--very nice, affordable, wonderful service and only 2 blocks from where ship docks. We took all the ships tours except the Chateauneuf and Aquaduct tour in Avignon. All rest were great.
Laundry srvice on board was fast and reasonable price--no ironing as someone stated. This cruise is pretty casual and I only saw 4-5 older gents (I'm older) who wore ties, and a few who wore blazer w/out tie (I did first fancy dress night but not second)--slacks/dockers and polos are fine!
Didn't see too many folks in the exercise room or using the onboard computers. I kinda felt I'm on vacation-why waste my time on-line? Tons of stuff to see while cruising or while ashore at every opportunity! We totally enjoyed our french sliding doors and the fresh air as we had very nice weather. Unless you want to splurge or aren't addicted to fresh air--the lower two decks are perfectly fine (and a bit cheaper). Wine and other adult drinks in the bar are a bit pricey but not extreme--on the other hand, the lunch and dinner time in the dining room is called the "time of the endless pour" or wine. They serve some nice French wines and we enjoyed them even though we are from the Napa area in Nor. California.
Our first river cruise but can't wait to go on another. May try one of the other lines, but would be totally pleased with U'world again!!