wondering if anyone used this tour operator?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Mexican Riviera
Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:08 PM.
#1
Ontario
1,379 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
my cabo experience dot com

They have a Dolphin Swim. Versus the dolphin swim offered by CCL, it appears it is not at the marina where the ship docks, as it talks about a bus ride.

??ANYONE???
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill


Carnival Sunshine 26/2/16
Carnival Splendor 10/23/15 to Bermuda!
Carnival Pride 15/03/15 Repo Tampa to Baltimore
Norweigan Gem 15/10/14 Something Different!
Carnival Valor 17/08/14 Southern Carib
Carnival Sunshine 30/05/14 Aruba, Curacao, GT!
Carnival Dream 05/04/14 Repo to New Orleans!
Carnival Freedom 08/02/14 New Friends!
Carnival Liberty 01/02/14 2 weddings onboard!
Carnival Glory 08/12/13 Daughter's graduation!
Carnival Splendor 26/10/13 PLATINUM CRUISE!!
Carnival Liberty 28/09/13 and 05/10/13 First B2B!
Carnival Miracle 16/03/13 Panama Canal
Carnival Miracle 01/01/13 Pt Canaveral/Bahamas
Carnival Splendor 23/09/12 Mexican Riviera
Carnival Miracle 06/02/12 St Martin/St Lucia/St Kitts
Carnival Miracle 9/11/11 Bermuda
Carnival Liberty February 26, 2011 Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios
Carnival Fascination May 23/2010 Nassau Freeport Celebrating my 50th Birthday!
#2
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2,793 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by jmwg49
my cabo experience dot com

They have a Dolphin Swim. Versus the dolphin swim offered by CCL, it appears it is not at the marina where the ship docks, as it talks about a bus ride.

??ANYONE???
They are just one of several third party tour brokers. They don't actually operate any excursions/tours.

As far as I know, Cabo Adventures is the operator of the only Dolphin operation in Cabo. They are the primary tour operator, in Cabo, that the cruise lines contract with. I won't tell you that you can't book the dolphin excursions through a third party but you may find it to be very difficult.

Cabo Adventures, under their contract with the cruise industry, isn't allowed to sell direct to cruise passengers if the ship you arrive on sells the same excursion.

More and more of the tour brokers follow that same policy so they don't lose the ability to sell Cabo Adventure excursions. We have seen this happen in Puerto Vallarta. Vallarta Adventures (same outfit), working on behalf of the cruise industry, put the squeeze on the tour brokers in Vallarta to protect their contracts with the ships.

I wish you luck but don't EXPECT to book a dolphin excursion independently in Cabo.

Enjoy!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul & Marilyn
Cheesehead Country - Go Badgers!
Sailing before the wind on Lake Michigan aboard our 35' cruise ship !!

Sapphire Princess - SE Asia / Malaysian Pen. & Indonesia 21-day Cruise 01/2018
Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean (60th B/Day) Cruise 06/2017
Coral Princess - Alaska CruiseTour 06/2016
Emerald Princess - Eastern Caribbean 03/2014
Coral Princess - Panama Canal Transit 3/2010
Royal Clipper - Windward Islands (Caribbean) 3/2009
Grand Princess - Western Caribbean 03/2006
Golden Princess - Classic Southern Caribbean 04/2005
Norwegian Sea - Western Caribbean 04/2003
Carnival Elation - Mexican Riviera 02/2002
Carnival Mardi Gras - Bahamas Early 80's
#3
Cabo San Lucas, MX
150 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
There is another dolphin facility here ... it is located in San Jose del Cabo. That is the place they send their guests to. Just do a search on Google and you can see who it is. But it like comparing apples and oranges...they are far from being similiar.
#4
Ontario
1,379 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by cabo helper
There is another dolphin facility here ... it is located in San Jose del Cabo. That is the place they send their guests to. Just do a search on Google and you can see who it is. But it like comparing apples and oranges...they are far from being similiar.
could you please elaborate?? is that for better or for worse?? Am I better sticking with what is offered on the ship????
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill


Carnival Sunshine 26/2/16
Carnival Splendor 10/23/15 to Bermuda!
Carnival Pride 15/03/15 Repo Tampa to Baltimore
Norweigan Gem 15/10/14 Something Different!
Carnival Valor 17/08/14 Southern Carib
Carnival Sunshine 30/05/14 Aruba, Curacao, GT!
Carnival Dream 05/04/14 Repo to New Orleans!
Carnival Freedom 08/02/14 New Friends!
Carnival Liberty 01/02/14 2 weddings onboard!
Carnival Glory 08/12/13 Daughter's graduation!
Carnival Splendor 26/10/13 PLATINUM CRUISE!!
Carnival Liberty 28/09/13 and 05/10/13 First B2B!
Carnival Miracle 16/03/13 Panama Canal
Carnival Miracle 01/01/13 Pt Canaveral/Bahamas
Carnival Splendor 23/09/12 Mexican Riviera
Carnival Miracle 06/02/12 St Martin/St Lucia/St Kitts
Carnival Miracle 9/11/11 Bermuda
Carnival Liberty February 26, 2011 Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios
Carnival Fascination May 23/2010 Nassau Freeport Celebrating my 50th Birthday!
#5
Molloy Island, Augusta, Western Australia
385 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by MSN-Travelers
They are just one of several third party tour brokers. They don't actually operate any excursions/tours.

As far as I know, Cabo Adventures is the operator of the only Dolphin operation in Cabo. They are the primary tour operator, in Cabo, that the cruise lines contract with. I won't tell you that you can't book the dolphin excursions through a third party but you may find it to be very difficult.

Cabo Adventures, under their contract with the cruise industry, isn't allowed to sell direct to cruise passengers if the ship you arrive on sells the same excursion.

More and more of the tour brokers follow that same policy so they don't lose the ability to sell Cabo Adventure excursions. We have seen this happen in Puerto Vallarta. Vallarta Adventures (same outfit), working on behalf of the cruise industry, put the squeeze on the tour brokers in Vallarta to protect their contracts with the ships.

I wish you luck but don't EXPECT to book a dolphin excursion independently in Cabo.

Enjoy!!

It seems the "Salsa and Salsa" people also follow this policy - I enquired about their "experience" and their reply stated we should book with the ship - we are actually visiting Cabo San Lucas on two different cruises and so far neither Princess nor Celebrity have this listed as one of their tours on offer so don't know if we'll get the opportunity to try it anyway - it sounded like fun and good reviews on tripadvisor...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sue & Peter


Celebrity Galaxy - April 2007 - 12 Days Caribbean World Cup Cricket
Sun Princess - May-June 2011 - 46 Days Indian Ocean Odyssey
Celebrity Century - Jan 2013 - 15 Days Panama Canal
Grand Princess - Jan 2013 - 7 Days Eastern Caribbean
Grand Princess - Jan-March 2013 - 49 Days South America
Celebrity Solstice - April-May 2014 - 36 Days B2B2B Sydney-Honolulu-Vancouver-Alaska
Sea Princess - August 2014 - 26 Days Asian Adventure
Sun Princess - October 2014 - 17 Days Hong Kong to Sydney
Sun Princess - April 2015 - 15 Days Papua New Guinea
Sun Princess - April 2015 - 42 Days Japan and Asia


Coming Up:



Sailed 2016:




"Happiness is a journey, not a destination"
...enjoy the romance, stars, moonbeams, sunrises and sunsets...
#6
AZ
50 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by jmwg49
my cabo experience dot com

They have a Dolphin Swim. Versus the dolphin swim offered by CCL, it appears it is not at the marina where the ship docks, as it talks about a bus ride.

??ANYONE???
i booked through them for the dolphin coming up in June I book them for the 2nd day. the first day I found a great deal with a local guy to take my family of 4 parasailing then snorkeling for as long as we want for $150.00 both cant beat the cost. not sure when you are going but i can tell you what we expereinced when we come back