Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Thomson Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 21st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Would you possibly tell me the price for Thomson Majesty Adriatic Explorer on 6 Sept, 7 nights. Upgrade to outside plus. Thanks a million.

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi could you possibly price up the Treasure of the Baltic on the Spirit on the 10th August 2013. A single outside cabin and a twin outside cabin on deck 1 or 2? Thanks xx

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by millies View Post
You are a star! Thank you

Can I be really cheeky and ask if you could look at the price for outside cabin on 19th July - Majesty - Two weeks starting with Italian Flavours? From Luton

Thanks again
£1929 - basic price per adult

£84 pp per week outside deck 8/9
£56 pppw outside deck 3/4
£112 pppw outside deck 6/7

£30 flight supplement from Luton

Can you tell I used to be a travel agent lol

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyBully View Post
Hi could you possibly price up the Treasure of the Baltic on the Spirit on the 10th August 2013. A single outside cabin and a twin outside cabin on deck 1 or 2? Thanks xx
£1399 basic price per person

£598 single outside

£91 per person for outside deck 1 or 2

I wonder if this thread will get deleted??

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by by767 View Post
Would you possibly tell me the price for Thomson Majesty Adriatic Explorer on 6 Sept, 7 nights. Upgrade to outside plus. Thanks a million.

£1149 per person

Outside Plus per person:

Deck 3/4 £77
Deck 8/9 £126
Deck 6/7 £154

I can't work out why deck 6/7 is more expensive to upgrade to??!!

Do you need to know airport supplements??

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julessmiles View Post
£1929 - basic price per adult

£84 pp per week outside deck 8/9
£56 pppw outside deck 3/4
£112 pppw outside deck 6/7

£30 flight supplement from Luton

Can you tell I used to be a travel agent lol
Thank you - Roll on Wednesday!

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:24 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
I haven't been able to find a deck plan on the Thomson Website but yes, the deck plan in the brochure is good - very clear. Fixed seating for dinner in the larger Seven Seas Restaurant (early or late) too. There seem to be quite a lot of 4 berth cabins and also a lot that convert to double beds on the Majesty.
This is a change from the original plan which listed open dining like Dream etc. So they are retaining fixed dining like Destiny?

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by millies View Post
Thank you - Roll on Wednesday!
Fab itinerary - very tempted with that one but the Majesty 4 berth cabins look smaller than the ones we have had on the Spirit & Celebration so think we will have to stick to Celebration!

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecttr View Post
This is a change from the original plan which listed open dining like Dream etc. So they are retaining fixed dining like Destiny?

I thought they had originally said open seating on Majesty too ; looks like it - doesn't mention with the smaller Seven Seas restaurant whether that is fixed or open seating though; just says "Slightly smaller than Seven Seas, this is a more intimate alternative to the main dining room"

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I thought they had originally said open seating on Majesty too ; looks like it - doesn't mention with the smaller Seven Seas restaurant whether that is fixed or open seating though; just says "Slightly smaller than Seven Seas, this is a more intimate alternative to the main dining room"
On Louis they used both dining rooms for fixed dining.

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default AI Information - Change

I have also just read the following:-

AI Drinks Package:-

"If you're departing after 1st November 2012, please note that we will be making changes to our AI Drinks package. Our loyal customers will be able to see the changes onboard Thomson Dream and Celebration. They'll now offer a packakge that's more consistent with the other ships in our fleet. The changes will be small and you can still expect a great range of drinks on offer"

Last edited by Julessmiles; April 21st, 2012 at 03:40 PM.

Old April 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I have also just read the following:-

AI Drinks Package:-

"If you're departing after 1st November 2012, please note that we will be making changes to our AI Drinks package. Our loyal customers will be able to see the changes onboard Thomson Dream and Celebration. They'll now offer a packakge that's more consistent with the other ships in our fleet. The changes will be small and you can still expect a great range of drinks on offer"
just been on the celebration and in my opinion the AI was fine ,any idea what these changes are as we are looking to booking another cruise for next year,only thing that could be improved was the bottled water thing

Old April 21st, 2012, 04:54 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambey View Post
just been on the celebration and in my opinion the AI was fine ,any idea what these changes are as we are looking to booking another cruise for next year,only thing that could be improved was the bottled water thing
We have thought in the past that the AI on Celebration was much better than on Spirit - which seems to be the implied message by the proposed change from Nov 2012 on Dream and Celebration. Seems the way it's worded that it's not going to be an improvement or they'd have spelt it out more clearly.

I can't tell you exactly what the differences were except that there were definitely significantly fewer cocktails on offer on Spirit (on the menu as a whole - not just those which were included in the AI without a supplement). It did look to me as though the whole AI menu was less extensive on Spirit.

Didn't someone highlight on here a few days ago that they'd read that the 'new' AI on Dream was going to include only local drinks? Does that mean a reduction in the range of beers and spirits included in the AI?

Anyone know anything more specific?

P.S. Begs the question as to why the Spirit and Majesty aren't being brought into line with the other two (better) AIs. Well that's silly really - of course we all know why!!! Dave's bean counters again!

Last edited by kruzseeka; April 21st, 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Old April 21st, 2012, 05:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Just one brochure - Platinum is highlighted on certain pages - the Dream from start of Winter '12 Caribbean seaon and Celebration in summer '13. Not sure when they are going to upgrade the Celebration as there only appears to be a few odd weeks when it appears to be out of service before start of summer '13 and only about 3 weeks prior to the Dream going to the Caribbean.
They will only need a few weeks to do the refit - probably two or three will be enough. It is only cosmetic changes after all - new furnishings. Nothing major or structural.

Old April 21st, 2012, 06:08 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzseeka View Post
We have thought in the past that the AI on Celebration was much better than on Spirit - which seems to be the implied message by the proposed change from Nov 2012 on Dream and Celebration. Seems the way it's worded that it's not going to be an improvement or they'd have spelt it out more clearly.

I can't tell you exactly what the differences were except that there were definitely significantly fewer cocktails on offer on Spirit (on the menu as a whole - not just those which were included in the AI without a supplement). It did look to me as though the whole AI menu was less extensive on Spirit.

Didn't someone highlight on here a few days ago that they'd read that the 'new' AI on Dream was going to include only local drinks? Does that mean a reduction in the range of beers and spirits included in the AI?

Anyone know anything more specific?

P.S. Begs the question as to why the Spirit and Majesty aren't being brought into line with the other two (better) AIs. Well that's silly really - of course we all know why!!! Dave's bean counters again!
That was probably me. i read on the Thomson site that the AI in their platinum hotels included local drinks only and was worried they would try it on the ships as well.

Old April 21st, 2012, 06:14 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecttr View Post
That was probably me. i read on the Thomson site that the AI in their platinum hotels included local drinks only and was worried they would try it on the ships as well.
Oh not the ships........at least yet! But some changes creeping in nevertheless. Wonder if you're right and it's just a matter of time!

Old April 21st, 2012, 06:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank-you for your help Jules. It is very much appreciated.
V.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
There seem to be quite a few Outside Plus cabins together on both deck 7 and 8 .

To upgrade to Deck 6/7 outside plus is £154 per person per week. To upgrade to Deck 8/9 outside plus is £126 per person per week. (these prices are for the season May - October 2013)

Thanks again
thomson celebration red sea voyage oct 2010
thomson celebration pyramids & piazzas feb 2011
thomson spirit adriatic explorer oct 2011
thomson spirit highlights of the med oct 2012
thomson spirit agean discovery march 2013
thomson majesty adriatic explorer may 2013
thomson dream med medley oct 2013
thomson celebration colourful coasts jan 2014
thomson spirit delights/promised land april 2014

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:26 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
£1399 basic price per person

£598 single outside

£91 per person for outside deck 1 or 2

I wonder if this thread will get deleted??
Mmm! £1997
that is for 13 nights?
I presume a inside single will be cheaper?

The brochure price on P&O Arcadia Baltic 14 nighter in May is
£2100 for a inside double single occupancy. Then there are apparently additional discounts and onboard credit if you shop around.

P&O is £13 cheaper per night for a way better cabin location. Looks as if i might be shopping

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi could you please look up the British Isles cruise from Harwich on August 24th I think,inside cabin deck 3 thanks.