Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Italy Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Italy Ports Capri, Florence, Genoa, Naples, Palermo, portofino, Rome, Sardinia, Sorrento, Taormina, Venice

Old April 26th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Arco Del Lauro in Rome

We'll be staying at Arco Del Lauro in Rome for a few days in June. Has anyone been there? If so, can you recommend best way to transfer to/from airport?

Old April 26th, 2012, 09:17 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tate23 View Post
We'll be staying at Arco Del Lauro in Rome for a few days in June. Has anyone been there? If so, can you recommend best way to transfer to/from airport?
My first apartment in Rome was right around the corner in Piazza in Piscinula, I love that neighborhood.

A taxi or car service is the easiest way into the city. The taxi is a fixed fare of 40 Euro, car services may charge slightly more.

If you want to use public tranist, you would take the local train from the airport (the FR1, not the Leonardo Express) to Trastevere. Exit the train station and take tram #8, direction Argentina, for six stops to Belli. Your B&B is a short walk from there (two tenths of a mile).

Old April 27th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you, euro cruiser!

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:37 AM
5,000+ Club

If you're looking for a place to eat in the neighborhood, I'd suggest Sette Oche in Altalena, right around the corner at Via dei Salumi, 36. They have outdoor seating but I usually avoid that because there's a high school right across the street and it gets pretty noisy (during the day anyway). This is not where you'd go for an elegant meal, but it's good food at a reasonable price (I've eaten there once or twice a year for the past three years).

Old April 30th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thnaks for the restaurant tip, euro cruiser. (It's always great to get recommendation from a 'local')

Old May 1st, 2012, 01:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tate23 View Post
We tried to stay there but they were full! As such, we stayed at the Amaranto Romano which is owned by a friend of the Arco. They arranged all of our travel to and from the cruise. I bet Lorenza would too if you ask!

Corfu - here and here
Seabourn Spirit, Adriatic Gems and Venice
- July/August 2012
- Review with Photos here!
Seabourn Legend, The Italian Idyll - October 2011 - Review with photos here - Med
Paul Guaguin - February 9, 2010 -
Review with photos here! - South Pacific
Adventure of the Seas - July 19, 2009 - Review with photos here... Southern Caribbean

Visit Liv Life - Our Food and Travel Blog!