Parasailing and camera

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:52 PM.
96 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
My husband and I are parasailing in Nassau and are trying to decide if we should just get a waterproof disposable camera or use our regular, DSLR Hybrid camera.

How wet do you get while parasailing? How about on the boat while others are parasailing? We would be very disappointed if our camera broke, but really want to have fabulous, photographic evidence of our daring (for us!) adventure.

Thanks for the help!
11,985 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by Mummble
My husband and I are parasailing in Nassau and are trying to decide if we should just get a waterproof disposable camera or use our regular, DSLR Hybrid camera.

How wet do you get while parasailing? How about on the boat while others are parasailing? We would be very disappointed if our camera broke, but really want to have fabulous, photographic evidence of our daring (for us!) adventure.

Thanks for the help!
The boat, the seats, the splashing and the parasail can all be very wet depending on time of day, how many uses before you and the weather.
There's also the chance of being "dunked" due to wind changes.

If your DSLR is not water proof.. leave it on dry land or dry bags it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Blue Skies, white clouds and no problems
------------------------------------